Suns News: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by O_Gardino »

And that's a shame about Williams. I think that's 4-6 weeks recovery.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

carey

Post by carey »

O_Gardino wrote:And that's a shame about Williams. I think that's 4-6 weeks recovery.
Depends on which repair method. Could be a 4 month recovery.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I mean the truth is Daniels has a nice j on him , I think this move is only done because Davon is Out to around All Star break if things go well. I like DJJ and he seemed to be hitting more outside shots in SL but he's really not a 2 guard
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

They've got a lot of players on the roster now -

SF - Josh Jackson, T.J. Warren, Jared Dudley (injured), Derrick Jones Jr.
PF - Marquese Chriss, Dragan Bender, Anthony Bennett, Alec Peters (injured, 2-way contract)
C - Tyson Chandler, Alex Len, Alan Williams (injured)
SG - Devin Booker, Troy Daniels, Davon Reed (injured), Elijah Millsap, Peter Joc
PG - Eric Bledsoe, Tyler Ulis, Brandon Knight (injured), Mike James (2-way contract)
Last edited by The Bobster on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

carey

Post by carey »

The Bobster wrote:They've got a lot of players on the roster now -

SF - Josh Jackson, T.J. Warren, Jared Dudley, Derrick Jones Jr.
PF - Marquese Chriss, Dragan Bender, Anthony Bennett, Alec Peters (injured, 2-way contract)
C - Tyson Chandler, Alex Len, Alan Williams (injured)
SG - Devin Booker, Troy Daniels, Davon Reed (injured), Elijah Millsap, Peter Joc (2-way contract)
PG - Eric Bledsoe, Tyler Ulis, Brandon Knight (injured), Mike James (2-way contract)

Yeah, we are at the max of 20 for camp. We do have 6 injuries right now though. Big Sauce, Knight, Reed, Dudley, Ulis & Peters.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

You have to figure Bennett, Millsap, Peters (when healthy) & Joc are headed straight to the G-League. Jones and James could probably end up there too.

That would get them down to 14 players including Dudley, Knight, Williams and Reed who are injured and Ulis who should be healthy by then.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/ValleyoftheSuns/status/911422583353909250

Nice to see TJ doing one of the events, he's been a Ghost all off season

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TJ is going to blow up this year.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:TJ is going to blow up this year.
Somebody should have a talk with him. We're better off with him blowing up next year, after the draft and his new contract.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sucks about Williams! Let's hope he just needs a repair.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/TheMattPetersen/status/911372496892461057

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

ShelC wrote:Aaaaaannnnnnd there ya go

https://twitter.com/AZSports/status/911367825343647744

wtf this is some 'Ballers' shit. Where are The Rock and his little guy pulling their hair out?

I hate this. I had big expectations for Big Sauce.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Oh, and good to add a 2ndR pick, although if next year is guaranteed on Daniels' contrat, it was not exactly cheap. I hope his doesn't get in the way of Reed when he comes back. Was really looking forward to see what he can do.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

The Bobster wrote:You have to figure Bennett, Millsap, Peters (when healthy) & Joc are headed straight to the G-League. Jones and James could probably end up there too.

That would get them down to 14 players including Dudley, Knight, Williams and Reed who are injured and Ulis who should be healthy by then.
Fingers crossed for Ulis and Williams to be back and ready early in the season. Those 2 + Reed + Warren would be the best second unit we've had in a long time. Especially if Bender takes a step this season.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/Suns/status/911329481024978944

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

http://www.nba.com/suns/blog/slam-d-boo ... tar-making

SLAM: D-Book is a Superstar in the Making
Many sports outlets such as ESPN.com and SI.com have been releasing their rankings of the top players in the NBA. SLAMonline.com is the most recent to join in on the trend.

Devin Booker was rated 64 by SI and 60 by ESPN, but SLAM seems to heavily disagree where the 20-year-old should be ranked.

They listed Booker as the 30th best players in the NBA based on expected contribution in 2017-18 to players’ team, the NBA and the game.

SLAM compliments his 70-point game, his high production at such a young age and his comparisons to perennial All-Star Bradley Beal. With all that said, one of their main reasons for ranking Booker so high on the list was due to the praise he has received throughout the league from multiple future Hall of Famers.
Booker is entering just his third season in the NBA and has jumped on this list from number 47 last year to 30 this year. SLAM understands some might think this ranking is high, but they seem to have full faith in the up-and-coming shooting guard.

“Go ahead and pick apart Devin Booker’s flaws,” SLAMonline.com wrote. “Chances are he’s already two steps ahead, finding ways to get better.”
"Be Legendary."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

"Perennial All-Star" Bradley Beal has played in zero All-Star Games.

To be a star Booker is going to have to do a couple of things - become more efficient offensively, and contribute in other ways, most notably on defense.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/Suns/status/911715908082556928

Wow , I haven't seen Westphal in forever and I will be honest at first I wasn't sure who the person was :oops:

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Good to see Colangelo there taking part.

Westphal is, of course, my favorite Sun, but it was also nice to see Heard, Proski, Chambers, Majerle, EJ, Dick & Tom Van Arsdale, Chambers, etc.

Many fond memories from the 70's and 80's..... and a visit to Suns.com will give you a nice musical memory!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
The Bobster wrote:You have to figure Bennett, Millsap, Peters (when healthy) & Joc are headed straight to the G-League. Jones and James could probably end up there too.

Fingers crossed for Ulis and Williams to be back and ready early in the season. Those 2 + Reed + Warren would be the best second unit we've had in a long time. Especially if Bender takes a step this season.
I hope Bender takes a bunch of steps. Otherwise, he's not going to make it to the other end of the court.
"Be Legendary."