Suns News: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by bajanguy008 »

I am confused , I understood it as Cavs want Butler but can only happen in a multi team trade because they lack the assets so that's where we come in. I think that scenario is a 3 team trade, am I the only one who interpret it like that ?
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

I'm sure #4 would be the main piece. My guess is 4 and Warren, probably have to add another piece, maybe 2018 Miami pick.

Butler is still fairly young, but still doesn't quite match up with our young core. Booker/Chriss/Bender aren't ready for contending and by the time they are, butler/Bledsoe would probably be on the downward trend.

If we could progress the young guys 3 years over night, the trade might make sense, or make bled/butler 3 years younger, but as is, that team would top out as maybe a 2nd round exit.

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008 wrote:I am confused , I understood it as Cavs want Butler but can only happen in a multi team trade because they lack the assets so that's where we come in. I think that scenario is a 3 team trade, am I the only one who interpret it like that ?

There is multiple tweets going around. Don't remember all that have been posted here:

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/876908328303112192

Split T

Post by Split T »

It would make more sense if we were just calling to get in on the trades as a third team though. I love Jimmy Butler, but we're not ready for that kind of move.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I would say facilitate but what exactly are we facilitating? The Cavs would alost have to include Kevin love in the deal and the Bulls probabaly don't want him so Love would be the piece going to the 3rd team with picks and young players fro that 3rd team going to Chicago.

No Thanks.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I think the Suns are enamored with either Fox or Ball. I really do. So these calls are to either get up in the draft or to unload Bledsoe incase (or maybe they already know) one of those to fall. Like others said, f they just stand pat at 4 there really isn't someone they can draft without it being out of the blue I'd be furious about, but if they trade up giving up the farm or trade #4 for an aging star that's when I'll be mad.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Saw over on realgm that Gambo mentioned suns-clippers have talked DeAndre Jordan?? Out of left field.... Gotta love draft time...haha.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Saw over on realgm that Gambo mentioned suns-clippers have talked DeAndre Jordan?? Out of left field.... Gotta love draft time...haha.
Draft time in the NBA/NFL are easily my favorite time in the sports calendar.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Sunsfan4life wrote:I would say facilitate but what exactly are we facilitating? The Cavs would alost have to include Kevin love in the deal and the Bulls probabaly don't want him so Love would be the piece going to the 3rd team with picks and young players fro that 3rd team going to Chicago.

No Thanks.
You are probably right in this hypothetical breakdown and if that is the case I'm with you. That doesn't sound like a good idea

TOO

Post by TOO »

What exactly would we do with Love? Put him at C? Bench Chriss? Flip him elsewhere?

AbeVroman

Post by AbeVroman »

Clearly I'm in the minority but if we could somehow flip Bledsoe/Bender for Kevin Love, sign me up. I don't think Love has been a great fit in Cleveland and my guess is he wouldn't mind a move closer to the west coast and somewhere he could be more of a leader. He's 3rd banana there and still only 28. I also recall that Bledsoe has a good relationship with LeBron and when thinking about matching up with GS he offers a serious upgrade on the defensive side to try to lock down Curry.

If we could roll with Love and Booker and get Fox at #4 I think I'd call that a success. Mix and match Chriss and Love at center. If Bender amounts to anything that'd be a bonus.

Maybe David Griffin can throw the Suns a solid before he's run out of Cleveland in two weeks. That whole thing is just weird.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Saw over on realgm that Gambo mentioned suns-clippers have talked DeAndre Jordan?? Out of left field.... Gotta love draft time...haha.
My biggest fear is we jump back on the lets make the playoffs wagon. We need to just keep playing the kids. Keep the roster clear and hope some of the young guys hit. There is just no reason to waste time with vets only to get slaughtered by the Warriors.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

AbeVroman wrote:Clearly I'm in the minority but if we could somehow flip Bledsoe/Bender for Kevin Love, sign me up. I don't think Love has been a great fit in Cleveland and my guess is he wouldn't mind a move closer to the west coast and somewhere he could be more of a leader. He's 3rd banana there and still only 28. I also recall that Bledsoe has a good relationship with LeBron and when thinking about matching up with GS he offers a serious upgrade on the defensive side to try to lock down Curry.

If we could roll with Love and Booker and get Fox at #4 I think I'd call that a success. Mix and match Chriss and Love at center. If Bender amounts to anything that'd be a bonus.

Maybe David Griffin can throw the Suns a solid before he's run out of Cleveland in two weeks. That whole thing is just weird.

Too late. Griffs gone.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

EDC wrote:
My biggest fear is we jump back on the lets make the playoffs wagon. We need to just keep playing the kids. Keep the roster clear and hope some of the young guys hit. There is just no reason to waste time with vets only to get slaughtered by the Warriors.
Your fears are well founded. McD has always said he's waiting for the right deal to grab top FAs.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
EDC wrote:
Your fears are well founded. McD has always said he's waiting for the right deal to grab top FAs.

He has also said he want's to make the playoffs next year.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He's been saying all that for 3 years.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Whats the point of all these high draft picks if you don't actually give them any playing time. Instead making them sit behind journeyman vets.

At what position do we even have minutes for a FA?

PG/SG
Bledsoe 33 minutes
Booker 35 minutes

That leaves 28 minutes for Ulis, Barbosa, and Knight. :roll:

SF/PF
TJ 31 minutes
Chriss 20 minutes
Dudley 20 minutes

Leaving 25 minutes for Bender, #4

Center
Chandler 27 minutes

Leaving 21 minutes for Len, Williams. Say that we don't bring Len back but Williams gets 15 per game.
That leaves an extra 6 minutes for Bender and the #4. So what 20 for Bender 16 for #4? Something like that.

Either way where is there room for a FA?

Trading away youth to make room would be a huge mistake because we don't even know what
we have with any of these guys yet. We can't make a splash big enough to warrant trading them away.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Nice feature here , not surprised tbh because Bled is a good guy. I am still conflicted on him, he changed his diet/training and had a healthy season, was more vocal, numbers were good too but just wish his decision making improved more. Unfortunately one season will not reduce the injury prone debate , I just hope if a trade goes down we actually get a decent return

TOO

Post by TOO »

bajanguy008 wrote:Nice feature here , not surprised tbh because Bled is a good guy. I am still conflicted on him, he changed his diet/training and had a healthy season, was more vocal, numbers were good too but just wish his decision making improved more. Unfortunately one season will not reduce the injury prone debate , I just hope if a trade goes down we actually get a decent return

Ha, I can't see it because he blocked me on twitter for some reason.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Am I the only one that could talk themselves into being ok with Love for 4?