Suns News: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
pickle

Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by pickle »

ShelC wrote:KCP sucks, has 1 good game out of like 5. I don't think there are FAs that would do much for us and I wouldn't overpay for a RFA like Porter. I wouldn't max Hayward either. Depending on our pick, I'd look to move Bleds and definitely Knight. I'm up in the air on Chandler because I like his veteran presence and he can help the young guys defensively, but if the Cs come calling with maybe Jae Crowder and a good pick, I'd probably move him.
I go back and forth on KCP. Haven't watched enough of the Pistons to know about his game first hand, and I might be a little biased from playing fantasy basketball, but I too am put off by the occasional blow up followed up 4 games of absolute shit offensive displays. Pretty hard to get behind a 3&D guy at max contract who shoots around 40% fg.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:If there's a way to get Porzingis from the Knicks, we should absolutely try. He's a stud.
There isn't.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
ShelC wrote:If there's a way to get Porzingis from the Knicks, we should absolutely try. He's a stud.
There isn't. Unless Phil Jackson is a nut, which he may be.
Porzingis is the only thing Jackson has done right so far.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Are you guys kidding me?! The MAX for KCP of the Pistons? No f'n way!
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Jackson and KP relationship is on the rocks and Phil went out of his way to say KP isn't ready to be built around, which I disagree with. If we throw a top pick and Bender, it might pique their interest.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:Jackson and KP relationship is on the rocks and Phil went out of his way to say KP isn't ready to be built around, which I disagree with. If we throw a top pick and Bender, it might pique their interest.
Hey, if it's possible, I'd give a lot to get him. I'm with carey in that our only untouchable is Booker. A Booker / KP combination would be fantastic!
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

The starting point for KP would be #1 overall pick, 2018 1st, and Chriss or Bender, plus Knicks keep their pick. Even then, I think NY says no. Think about if NY was trying to get Booker from us. Say NY landed #1 and we ended up 5th. Would you do Booker for say Hernangomez and the #1 pick? I wouldn't and KP has more value right now across the league than Booker does.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

As much as I like KP, I wouldn't give up all that for him. I am pretty sure that the Suns see Chriss as a future superstar and he's just scratching the surface on his talent. We'll see about Bender, i would give up the #3 pick along with Bender and Miami picks for KP though and obviously the Suns could end up losing that trade in the long run.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I have no problem giving up that much, just like I had no problem throwing the farm at the Freak before he was what he is now. Makeit Chriss and Bender, even. Anything but Booker. You pair Booker and Kristaps and you have the fundation to contend for the next 12 years. No quantity beats that quality.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ring_Wanted wrote:I have no problem giving up that much, just like I had no problem throwing the farm at the Freak before he was what he is now. Makeit Chriss and Bender, even. Anything but Booker. You pair Booker and Kristaps and you have the fundation to contend for the next 12 years. No quantity beats that quality.
Do you think that KP is going to be another kind of Freak? What do you see as his ceiling? Also, who are the potential steals of the draft coming up? There seems to always be a guy to come out of nowhere that ends up becoming an all-star from 10 on back.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

djy2j wrote:
azsportsfan wrote:Could he have been asked to retire? While his voice is fine, his call of the action is terrible. he often does not know what is going on and tends to tell lame jokes or stories over the game action. My opinion, but this change was due.
I liked his voice. I think his jokes were super cheesy and he said the wrong player names alot. He also tried to guess what the official blew the whistle for and was constantly wrong. That being said, I didnt mind the dude. I hated listening to Leander. So I guess I could say I was content with Steve calling games. There were alot of worse broadcast teams out there. Boston probably being the worst. Indiana Pacers being a close second because I absolutely loathe Quinn Buckner.

I also need EJ to learn how to say the word "STRENGTH" properly. If I hear him say "STRENF" one more time I don't know what I'll do.

Annie brings some pretty solid basketball knowledge and perspective to the table but she can't name players for s***.
I'd love to have Gus Johnson. YOu either love him or hate him though. I love him.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:I have no problem giving up that much, just like I had no problem throwing the farm at the Freak before he was what he is now. Makeit Chriss and Bender, even. Anything but Booker. You pair Booker and Kristaps and you have the fundation to contend for the next 12 years. No quantity beats that quality.
Do you think that KP is going to be another kind of Freak? What do you see as his ceiling? Also, who are the potential steals of the draft coming up? There seems to always be a guy to come out of nowhere that ends up becoming an all-star from 10 on back.

I don't think he's on the freaks level. But then again, I don't really think anyone is. He makes my list of young and upcoming star bigs, but probably behind Giannis, AD, KAT, Jokic, and Embiid.

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

djy2j wrote:
azsportsfan wrote:Could he have been asked to retire? While his voice is fine, his call of the action is terrible. he often does not know what is going on and tends to tell lame jokes or stories over the game action. My opinion, but this change was due.
I liked his voice. I think his jokes were super cheesy and he said the wrong player names alot. He also tried to guess what the official blew the whistle for and was constantly wrong. That being said, I didnt mind the dude. I hated listening to Leander. So I guess I could say I was content with Steve calling games. There were alot of worse broadcast teams out there. Boston probably being the worst. Indiana Pacers being a close second because I absolutely loathe Quinn Buckner.

I also need EJ to learn how to say the word "STRENGTH" properly. If I hear him say "STRENF" one more time I don't know what I'll do.

Annie brings some pretty solid basketball knowledge and perspective to the table but she can't name players for s***.
I read a piece earlier (BrightSideoftheSun, I think) that mentioned Kevin Ray. That would be awful - at least to me. He is way too mealy-mouthed for play-by-play, or anything requiring more public speaking than he already does.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I don't think he's on the freaks level. But then again, I don't really think anyone is. He makes my list of young and upcoming star bigs, but probably behind Giannis, AD, KAT, Jokic, and Embiid.
Just making that list puts him in elite company, although I take him ahead of Jokic (and Embiid, but only due to health). He won't replicate the Freak's production (probably nobody will starting next season), but Porzingis provides tremendous inside-outside options, has no glaring flaws in his game, is a competitor and is very coachable. On top of that he's an elite rim protector already. This smells like a focused, no bullshit and longer Sheed. No hesitation whatsoever in selling everything to put him next to Booker.

BTW, the scape to his country issue to me has no meaning to me, as I have the hunch that he is no ok with Phil and the Knicks disrespecting Melo, who took him under his wing when he arrived (remember that fans actually booed his selection).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

djy2j wrote:I also need EJ to learn how to say the word "STRENGTH" properly. If I hear him say "STRENF" one more time I don't know what I'll do.
I've never noticed that actually. What I have noticed is that he says "axed" instead of "asked."
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Just making that list puts him in elite company, although I take him ahead of Jokic (and Embiid, but only due to health). He won't replicate the Freak's production (probably nobody will starting next season), but Porzingis provides tremendous inside-outside options, has no glaring flaws in his game, is a competitor and is very coachable. On top of that he's an elite rim protector already. This smells like a focused, no bullshit and longer Sheed. No hesitation whatsoever in selling everything to put him next to Booker.
Agreed. I'd give up the farm including a top 3 draft pick to pair him with Booker. I've seen enough that I think those two would be dominant together for a long time to come.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:Just making that list puts him in elite company, although I take him ahead of Jokic (and Embiid, but only due to health). He won't replicate the Freak's production (probably nobody will starting next season), but Porzingis provides tremendous inside-outside options, has no glaring flaws in his game, is a competitor and is very coachable. On top of that he's an elite rim protector already. This smells like a focused, no bullshit and longer Sheed. No hesitation whatsoever in selling everything to put him next to Booker.
Agreed. I'd give up the farm including a top 3 draft pick to pair him with Booker. I've seen enough that I think those two would be dominant together for a long time to come.
I'd probably give that all up for him too. I'd try to keep Chriss though. Booker/Chriss/KP would be a strong core. Throw a 3 and D wing and Bledsoe in there and you've got something.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:
I'd probably give that all up for him too. I'd try to keep Chriss though. Booker/Chriss/KP would be a strong core. Throw a 3 and D wing and Bledsoe in there and you've got something.
You had me until Bledsoe. After watching his entire Phoenix Suns stint, I just do not have confidence in him being a key part of our core going forward.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:
You had me until Bledsoe. After watching his entire Phoenix Suns stint, I just do not have confidence in him being a key part of our core going forward.
Ha, it doesn't have to be Bledsoe. In fact I think a pg who is a little more reliable as a spot up shooter would be ideal as I'd expect booker to take more and more responsibility as a creator as he continues to grow. Still, I think Bledsoe can be pretty useful and we wouldn't complain as much if he was the 3rd best player instead of our "star"

I don't know who that other pg would be, I envision ulis as a great backup, although if he turns into a consistent shooter, it could be him. Someone like Kemba Walker, George Hill(he's too old, but someone with similar skill set) Malcolm brogdon.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Just making that list puts him in elite company, although I take him ahead of Jokic (and Embiid, but only due to health). He won't replicate the Freak's production (probably nobody will starting next season), but Porzingis provides tremendous inside-outside options, has no glaring flaws in his game, is a competitor and is very coachable. On top of that he's an elite rim protector already. This smells like a focused, no bullshit and longer Sheed. No hesitation whatsoever in selling everything to put him next to Booker.
Ya KP is a stud. Two young bigs I left out, Myles Turner and Rudy Gobert. Neither are as versatile as the others on the list, but Gobert is THE best rim protector in the game and Turner is about 75% of KP.