Suns News: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Split T wrote:That Miami pick isn't going to be that good. Probably 15-20. I think they sign a big name and make the playoffs next year. I'd much rather have Chriss.
I'm still not super high on Chriss. Even if he has a high ceiling, how does he get there with Porzingis on the roster? Does Chriss become a 5 and become a Tristan Thompson-like player for us? I just don't know how he fits. I would rather have the felxability of the future pick, and the year to see what we have on the roster before making the pick.
I think KP is definitely a 5, Chriss stays at the 4
Agreed
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. :)
"Be Legendary."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Who in there right mind thought we'd be debating if Marquis Chriss should be included in a package to bring in Zinger this time last year?

I sure as heck didn't. I hated the pick, but liked Ulis and Bender. Now here we are....For the record I'd do that trade, but if they can pull it off by doing Just one of those guys and the pick even better. I'd really push for Bledsoe,Chriss, #4 for #8 and Zinger.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Split T wrote:That Miami pick isn't going to be that good. Probably 15-20. I think they sign a big name and make the playoffs next year. I'd much rather have Chriss.
I'm still not super high on Chriss. Even if he has a high ceiling, how does he get there with Porzingis on the roster? Does Chriss become a 5 and become a Tristan Thompson-like player for us? I just don't know how he fits. I would rather have the felxability of the future pick, and the year to see what we have on the roster before making the pick.
I think KP is definitely a 5, Chriss stays at the 4
Disagree that KP is a 5, and I would be concerned for our rebounding in that scenario. KP / Chriss / Warren / Book / Knight. Knight might be the best positional rebounder in that lineup.

But really, I would give almost any of our assets for KP.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

My one request: If there's a trade or transaction involving our Suns, make a new thread for it. Don't just post it here in these super duper long existing threads. A Suns trade or transaction is thread-worthy. :-)

EDC

Post by EDC »

People are saying Gambo said on the radio that they offered Dudley to New Orleans for 2 2nd round picks.

This makes me very nervous.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Why nervous?

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Because it sounds like the suns are either gathering 2nd rd picks for a bigger trade or clearing space for a splurge this summer. Neither sounds that good (unless it's for zingas)
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

carey

Post by carey »

Or clearing space to absorb a contract like Noah's (or someone else but can't think of who just now.)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

If it involves clearing room for Zingas than lets do it. But why ask for 2nd rouders than? Wouldn't one do the trick or unloading him.

Cap

Post by Cap »

It could be as simple as wanting to move him to clear time for Bender and/or someone we're about to draft. When Duds signed with us he was openly talked about as a placeholder until the younger players were ready.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Hope you're right.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:My one request: If there's a trade or transaction involving our Suns, make a new thread for it. Don't just post it here in these super duper long existing threads. A Suns trade or transaction is thread-worthy. :-)
I think a thread for each pick is in order too.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:My one request: If there's a trade or transaction involving our Suns, make a new thread for it. Don't just post it here in these super duper long existing threads. A Suns trade or transaction is thread-worthy. :-)
As you wish. Sixty threads, coming right up!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
As you wish. Sixty threads, coming right up!
LOL. Suns picks!!!
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

So is Knight currently our backup SG ? I like the thought of Josh motor and athleticism but that is picturing him with Ulis who would always find him on potential cuts and lobs , it is the offseason or wish season lol so I can only hope that Knight will pass better this year :oops:
Still not sure how I feel about Chandler's minutes and Len's payday
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Hopefully Reed can get some minutes at backup 2 or we sign a minimum guy. Alan Anderson, Anthony Morrow, CJ Miles could be solid veteran adds. Miles may be looking for more minutes than we're willing to offer.

Knight needs to not be on the roster when we go to camp.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

ShelC wrote:Hopefully Reed can get some minutes at backup 2 or we sign a minimum guy. Alan Anderson, Anthony Morrow, CJ Miles could be solid veteran adds. Miles may be looking for more minutes than we're willing to offer.

Knight needs to not be on the roster when we go to camp.
But is it still possible ? What needs to happen with him , other option besides a trade ?
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't know who would take Knight at this point. And I think cutting him is just too tough a pill to swallow. I think he's on our roster this season.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don't think anyone takes him off our hands. I say we bring him to camp, give him a small role and see how he does. Rebuilding some value is the only way we get rid of him. I'd love to give him 15 minutes off the bench and see him play efficiently, have some team take a chance on him and give those minutes to Davon Reed.

I think we could have our future bench rotation all under contract if we bring Williams back. Ulis-Reed-Warren-Bender-Williams could be a fun and pretty solid bench unit. We've got 3 or 4 of our starters. Need at least 1 more starter and I think he needs to be a great one. I think Booker/Jackson could be your 2nd and 3rd best players. Chriss could maybe be your 4th/5th best player. Bledsoe could be your 3rd/4th best player. We just need that #1 guy. Either someone on the roster needs to take a big step or we need to find us a star elsewhere.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I would be tempted to just cut Knight if nobody wants him. I would rather pay him to no be here than pay him to be here blocking the development of our other guys by killing the offense. It's true what Bobster said in another thread that he had a historically bad year. Maybe he's better next year. But I wouldn't take a chance on him.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan