NBA Eastern Conference Semifinals 2017

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: NBA Eastern Conference Semifinals

Post by O_Gardino »

Good take on Lowry, pickle and ShelC. Plus, we know that Bryan isn't hesitant to have 2 point guards on the roster, so he might bring Lowry over even if he want's to pick Fox or someone.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I personally don't think the Raptors should "blow it up" if they can avoid it. They may have been swept by the Cavs, but they have a really good team. They probably need a better coach, one who runs actual plays. They need to stop all the ball-hogging guard play, but that doesn't necessitate a full blow-up. I like the toughness they added to their roster with guys like Carroll, PJ Tucker, and Ibaka. That team was new together; it takes time to grow and improve. I think they should run it back at least one more time and see how much this team improves. If they brought this roster back, it wouldn't surprise me to see them get the #1 seed in the East.

carey

Post by carey »

That would only happen if Lowry decides to re-sign. Not sure he is going to.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think Lowry leaving would be huge emotional and psychological loss. He's the heart and leader of that team and extremely close with DeRozen. I think they could go out and overpay for a guy like Teague to try and soften the blow, but would it be the same?

If Lowry does leave and we have a PG like Ball or Fultz after the draft, could we ship Bledsoe over there? Kinda similar players and Bleds would come cheaper than the top FAs.

carey

Re: RE: Re: NBA Eastern Conference Semifinals

Post by carey »

ShelC wrote:I think Lowry leaving would be huge emotional and psychological loss. He's the heart and leader of that team and extremely close with DeRozen. I think they could go out and overpay for a guy like Teague to try and soften the blow, but would it be the same?

If Lowry does leave and we have a PG like Ball or Fultz after the draft, could we ship Bledsoe over there? Kinda similar players and Bleds would come cheaper than the top FAs.
For what? Not sure they have any attractive assets left other than future first rounders.

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

ShelC wrote:The more I think about it, the more it makes sense for Lowry to go to Philly. I'm not saying he will but on paper they could be a surprise team next year if everyone's healthy. And here's the kicker, Bryan Colangelo's been in this position before - a very young, inexperienced team going after the top FA point guard and giving him a contract that would make others hesitate. Lowry's got the leadership and experience now to lift up guys like Simmons, Okafor and Embiid. They'll have another top pick in the draft and could make some noise in the East. Comparing the rosters, the Sixers are everything the Raptors aren't: young, athletic, on the rise and have at least one dominant big. Plus, if Simmons is healthy and can play some point-forward, it takes the load off of Lowry having to do everything for the team. His minutes can drop a bit (he's played 37mpg the past two years) and he can play off the ball some. He may have to take less money, but the Sixers might be the best move for him.
I think they should make a play for Jimmy Butler. They have the assets and he'd be a perfect fit.

Something like Covington/Okafor/Sergio and their higher pick for Butler. They'd have a starting 5 of Simmons, Stauskus/Anderson/TLC/Monk?, Butler, Saric and Embiid, with more picks and space to fill out their roster.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
ShelC wrote:I think Lowry leaving would be huge emotional and psychological loss. He's the heart and leader of that team and extremely close with DeRozen. I think they could go out and overpay for a guy like Teague to try and soften the blow, but would it be the same?

For what? Not sure they have any attractive assets left other than future first rounders.

If we were to get a PG we loved in the draft, future picks is all I really want back. We already have good young talent at every position. Let's play them and let them develop into winners or trade assets.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:
carey wrote:

If we were to get a PG we loved in the draft, future picks is all I really want back. We already have good young talent at every position. Let's play them and let them develop into winners or trade assets.
I'm OK with this. Give us a better chance to land Marvin Bagley III the hometown boy in 2019.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

If Bagley keeps getting better, maybe. Already have some bodies up front, like Chriss and Bender. And we have a hometown favorite, too.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

O_Gardino wrote:
carey wrote:

Yup, I'd look at it as a salary dump for the most part but also just starting fresh with a truly young core that can grow together.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

LazarusLong wrote:If Bagley keeps getting better, maybe. Already have some bodies up front, like Chriss and Bender. And we have a hometown favorite, too.
I hope he does keep getting better for his sake. He's already better than Chriss, Bender, and Williams.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Washington slightly down in a low-scoring Game 6 here against Boston. The crowd feels tense. John Wall not having a great game so far.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Low scoring showdown, one of those games were character shows up who deserves to pass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

IT made some huge shots to put the Celtics up 5, but then Beal and Wall have tied the game at 87-87 with 40 seconds left. Exciting finish here.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wowwwwww, Wizards win the game on a big 3-pointer by John Wall with 3 seconds left on the clock. IT gets one last look at a game-winner but it's not close. We're going to a Game 7. Exciting series.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Wowwwwww, Wizards win the game on a big 3-pointer by John Wall with 3 seconds left on the clock. IT gets one last look at a game-winner but it's not close. We're going to a Game 7. Exciting series.
Finally some good tv. I saw a statistic that Home teams facing elimination were 0-11 for the playoffs which is crazy
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

who the guys have winning tonight, fairly decent game so far
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Cap

Post by Cap »

Olynyk having the game of his life.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I know it's all relative but....Mike Conley made 26mil this year, Lillard 24mil, hell Brandon Knight 12.6mil. 153 players made more money than Isaiah Thomas.

He should get a bonus or something.

carey

Post by carey »

That may be the best game of Olynyk's career, no? Not sorry to say that I'm glad Markieff gets to truck his ass home with his brother and watch the rest of the playoffs on Tv.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!