NBA Western Conference Finals 2017

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: NBA Western Conference Finals

Post by Mori Chu »

The Suns have been bad for years and years. I have to have another team that's in the playoffs that I can watch. Plus I've been living in the SF Bay Area since 2013 so I'm allowed to root for the local team. :-) But I get the hatred for the whole Durant move. I wish he had stayed in OKC just so the league would be more interesting and balanced.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I live in the central valley, everyone here is a bandwagon Warriors fan, same when the Giants are good or the A's, I cannot stand it. I cant root for anyone but the Suns. Everyone else is irrelevant.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I cant root for anyone but the Suns. Everyone else is irrelevant.
This!
"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I never got seduced by GSW. Actually, their cocky attitude irks me somewhat (especially Draymond). But the Spurs deserve to get their heart unfaithfully broken after all the shit the Nash teams had to endure against them. It's funny how today the Spurs are this romanticized old school team that plays the right way, but back in the day they were in the antipodes of beautiful and likable basketball. History is truly written by the victorious.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori was seduced by the Warriors. He ceased to be the Suns fan Mori Chu and became Marty. He's more machine now than man, twisted and evil.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ring_Wanted wrote:I never got seduced by GSW. Actually, their cocky attitude irks me somewhat (especially Draymond). But the Spurs deserve to get their heart unfaithfully broken after all the s*** the Nash teams had to endure against them. It's funny how today the Spurs are this romanticized old school team that plays the right way, but back in the day they were in the antipodes of beautiful and likable basketball. History is truly written by the victorious.
That whole team aside from Klay comes off as smug and entitled. They flop all over the place, whine all the time, dance when they do good things, I hate them. I dont care how good of a team they are, they are insufferable.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Cap wrote:Mori was seduced by the Warriors. He ceased to be the Suns fan Mori Chu and became Marty. He's more machine now than man, twisted and evil.
Why have I forsaken the desert!?!? Answer:

I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating, ... and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

It's funny how Pop is complaining about Zaza putting his foot under Kahwi's foot injuring him, BUT he never said anything about Bruce Bowen doing it all the time.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Uncle_Gene wrote:It's funny how Pop is complaining about Zaza putting his foot under Kahwi's foot injuring him, BUT he never said anything about Bruce Bowen doing it all the time.
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Cap wrote:Mori was seduced by the Warriors. He ceased to be the Suns fan Mori Chu and became Marty. He's more machine now than man, twisted and evil.
Why have I forsaken the desert!?!? Answer:

I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating, ... and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth.
You'd give your right arm to be back in the desert and you know it.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I found myself rooting against the Ws in Game 1. They're arrogant, but they back it up. Curry is legit so he can talk. Durant I've lost some respect for because he joined up with Ws, but I also understood. I don't think he's changed much since his OKC days. He's still balling out. The two I can't stand now are Draymond and Mike Brown. I loved Dray coming out of MSU but I thought he changed when he broke out with the Ws. You can be tough without being dirty. He's dirty, then he plays it off or talks about other people. On top of that, he's a super role-player. The big debate now is just how good he is and how the Ws are nothing without him and he's a top 10 player. I don't agree. Great defender, great offensive player and a superior role player. But he's still a role player. Put him on a bad team and see how fast he disappears. Just my opinion.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think Durant joining the Ws was bad for the competitive balance of the league. But I can also totally understand wanting to get away from playing with Russell Westbrook. That guy looks like a nightmare to play with year after year.

I agree about Draymond. I don't like the (d)evolution of his personality over the last year or two. He seems unhinged, too loud and showboaty. I don't like the screams and the muscle flexes and all the trash talk. I guess that Warriors team needs a bit of attitude, but I find the current incarnation of Green obnoxious.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

People say the Ws are arrogant, but to me they just show their competitiveness. Lebron's generation of stars played it cool and worried about their image. You never see LeBron or Wade or Carmelo, etc, excited that they won or hustling in the allstar game, or angry when they lose. Curry and company want to win and show it in how they play and how they celebrate.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Uncle_Gene wrote:It's funny how Pop is complaining about Zaza putting his foot under Kahwi's foot injuring him, BUT he never said anything about Bruce Bowen doing it all the time.
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
I looked back at some Bowen videos on Youtube over the years and it's crazy how much crap he did and even crazier that his jersey is retired smh
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:What's with all the hate towards Kevin Durant for going to the Warriors?

I sense a healthy amount of "back in my day" BS.
Nothing new. I've said it from the start. I hate the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" superteam BS.
I think that's a fairly gross generalization when considering that he was living in Oklahoma City and playing for that owner.

Intentionally going to a worse team is also a pretty dumb idea to me. I don't understand the sentiment that these guys should intentionally make winning more difficult for themselves while at the same time being judged as inferior players for not winning a championship.

Would you have the same opinion if the Suns roster was switched with the Warriors?
THIS

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

When I watch Curry, I don't see an arrogant player. I see a little kid who can't help but show his exuberance when he wins a game or hits a big shot. Sure, he knows he's really good. But I don't think he taunts the opposing player or acts like they aren't on his level. He just jumps up and down when he makes a big 3 or something like that. I don't see anything wrong with it. And Klay Thompson is the last person you'd describe as arrogant or a showboat. He's a consummate professional. Durant is a calm collected pro, too, as are many of their other guys like Shaun Livingston and Andre Iguodala.

The only one really who has a visible bad attitude is Draymond Green. Take him off that team and I don't think you would have people saying the Ws have a cocky/bad attitude.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:When I watch Curry, I don't see an arrogant player. I see a little kid who can't help but show his exuberance when he wins a game or hits a big shot. Sure, he knows he's really good. But I don't think he taunts the opposing player or acts like they aren't on his level. He just jumps up and down when he makes a big 3 or something like that. I don't see anything wrong with it. And Klay Thompson is the last person you'd describe as arrogant or a showboat. He's a consummate professional. Durant is a calm collected pro, too, as are many of their other guys like Shaun Livingston and Andre Iguodala.

The only one really who has a visible bad attitude is Draymond Green. Take him off that team and I don't think you would have people saying the Ws have a cocky/bad attitude.
Curry is absolutely a show boat. Are you kidding? I agree that Klay and Durant are not, but I am surprised you don't see Curry that way.

Superbone

Re: NBA Western Conference Finals 2017

Post by Superbone »

[youtube][/youtube]
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

A history of Bruce Bowen's dirty play, filled with leg kicks, hand stomps, and of course sliding his feet under a jump shooter:

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yeah, this stuff with Pop is crazy. How he can be so indignant about it, he comes off very hypocritical when he had multiple players over the years get away with something that helped them and hurt the other team. Bowen, Horry, ect.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass