NBA Western Conference Finals 2017

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: NBA Western Conference Finals 2017

Post by ShelC »

I get what people are saying and he looked awful, but the Spurs weren't exactly force feeding him the post and they were missing their starting PG and top perimeter threat/best player.

carey

Re: RE: Re: NBA Western Conference Finals 2017

Post by carey »

ShelC wrote:I get what people are saying and he looked awful, but the Spurs weren't exactly force feeding him the post and they were missing their starting PG and top perimeter threat/best player.
Right. Not an apples to apples comparison but if the Warriors were without Steph & Draymond and the Spurs had Parker & Leonard I'm thinking it is an entirely different series.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It'd be like the Ws missing Curry and Thompson and starting Livingston and Iguodala with Durant as the go-to guy, but Kerr/Brown still trying to play the spread/passing offense where everyone's shooting 3s.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

It's not about the numbers being bad, it's about winning as the go-to guy. Aldridge's numbers aren't bad at all, either. But none of those guys won when the offense worked through them, and they play like a better version of Robert Horry when the perimeter stars are in the game.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Aldridge is a very good second-ish, third option. He was silently killing the Warriors in the first game, but he can't do it alone. Kawhi's injury robbed us from a terrific series. I see no reason to move Aldridge unless you could get an allNBAer big or guard. He's no Horford.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Aldridge is just fine. Not every player needs to be an alpha dog, a #1 guy. They already have that in Kawhi. In fact you can get into problems if you have 2 or more guys who both think it is "their" team. LMA fits just fine into what the Spurs are doing. They just lost their best player, is all.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Aldridge is just fine. Not every player needs to be an alpha dog, a #1 guy. They already have that in Kawhi. In fact you can get into problems if you have 2 or more guys who both think it is "their" team. LMA fits just fine into what the Spurs are doing. They just lost their best player, is all.
I agree Marty with he should be fine in SA . I personally was just thinking about how hard we courted him in free agency. I'm assuming we wanted a go to all star big to pair with our backcourt so watching him without Kawhi I was just wondering if maybe Spurs beating us to his signature was not such a bad thing. He seemed like a build around guy in Portland so I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)