NBA Western Conference Finals 2017

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: NBA Western Conference Finals 2017

Post by Superbone »

The scary thing is that I don't see these two teams waning for a number of years. Our only hope is just to be competitive in the meantime while we wait out these dynasties and hope that we are at or nearing our peak when they start trailing off. This is why I'd rather just stay the course rather than trading picks and youth for players that help us right now.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

The Bobster wrote:Yes, the postseason this year has been wretched.
Yes, and I say we keep tanking until the NBA figures out how to put on a postseason that's worth going to.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Superbone wrote:The scary thing is that I don't see these two teams waning for a number of years. Our only hope is just to be competitive in the meantime while we wait out these dynasties and hope that we are at or nearing our peak when they start trailing off. This is why I'd rather just stay the course rather than trading picks and youth for players that help us right now.
Cleveland will probably take a sharp decline when LeBron gets older, but if Golden State evades all the pitfalls (ego clashes, salary cap issues, player injuries, etc.) they'll be in good shape for the next 4-5 years.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Cap wrote:
Yes, and I say we keep tanking until the NBA figures out how to put on a postseason that's worth going to.
But it's so vital to be the #8 seed to put a few $$$ in Sarver's pocket!
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:The scary thing is that I don't see these two teams waning for a number of years. Our only hope is just to be competitive in the meantime while we wait out these dynasties and hope that we are at or nearing our peak when they start trailing off. This is why I'd rather just stay the course rather than trading picks and youth for players that help us right now.
I hear you. I just want to say that you never know when injuries will strike. Look at S.A. right now. Very bad timing. That series could have been competitive. LeBron can't stay immortal for ever. He just can't. I think our timing is on track to be competitive in the next 2 years.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I was all in on the youth movement that led to a lot of losing, but I don't want to see the Suns actively trying to lose anymore in the future for lottery balls.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:LeBron can't stay immortal for ever. He just can't.
Karl Malone did. What if.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I agree with Carey. While Golden State and Cleveland are both juggernauts without any obvious reason for an upcoming sharp decline, you just never know. Injuries happen; trades happen; FA departures happen; the "Disease of Me" happens. Guys get worn out from playing 100+ games every year. It's really hard to make a dynasty that goes on year after year with no decline. If the Suns were really good in 2-3 years, there's no reason to say that the league will still belong to the Warriors and Cavs by then.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Cap wrote:
We could tank every year and come in last every year and we will never get a #1 pick.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Cap wrote:
We could tank every year and come in last every year and we will never get a #1 pick.
Ha. True that. So why bother?

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Do we have an official file photo of the Old Gypsy Woman?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Um, spoiler alert? Or at least a NSFW.

"Be Legendary."

Pips

Post by Pips »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Do we have an official file photo of the Old Gypsy Woman?

She hate Suns bcs she didnt get in a long time. I would do her for next year first pick. Image

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Remember how disappointed some of us were that Aldridge went to Spurs

He's been terrible as a go to guy
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

bajanguy008 wrote:Remember how disappointed some of us were that Aldridge went to Spurs

He's been terrible as a go to guy
Same with Bosh and Love. Modern bigs look bad on winning teams. Is it just this generation of bigs, or is it the new rules? Seems like a little of both.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Love had 19 ppg, 11 rpg, with 37 3pt% on 6.5 attempts this season. In the playoffs he's 17.2/9.7 and 47% from 3. Not bad at all.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yep, would have loved to pair Love up with Dragic back in the day. Talked about it a lot back then.

"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I would not put Bosh and Love in the same boat as Aldridge. They were asked to take a backseat and still be efficient with less touches and maybe struggled a lil with the transition but were still effective especially when one of the big two was out. Aldridge has just looked incapable of carrying the load
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Hermen wrote:Love had 19 ppg, 11 rpg, with 37 3pt% on 6.5 attempts this season. In the playoffs he's 17.2/9.7 and 47% from 3. Not bad at all.
I am not sure why that is thought of as bad. We would all be proclaiming Chirss the savoir if he were getting those numbers.

Indy

Post by Indy »

bajanguy008 wrote:I would not put Bosh and Love in the same boat as Aldridge. They were asked to take a backseat and still be efficient with less touches and maybe struggled a lil with the transition but were still effective especially when one of the big two was out. Aldridge has just looked incapable of carrying the load
Exactly.