NBA Eastern Conference Finals 2017

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: NBA Eastern Conference Finals 2017

Post by Mori Chu »

I wonder if Lebron went out partying in Cleveland and didn't take this game 100% seriously, or what. That is a seriously strange stat line from him.

carey

Re: RE: Re: NBA Eastern Conference Finals 2017

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:I didn't watch, but looking at the box score, lebron looked awful. How did he look in the game? Was he coasting or did Boston actually shut him down?
It wasn't so much the latter.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Re: RE: Re: NBA Eastern Conference Finals 2017

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Split T wrote:I didn't watch, but looking at the box score, lebron looked awful. How did he look in the game? Was he coasting or did Boston actually shut him down?
It wasn't so much the latter.
I only watched about half the game, and he just didn't seem very aggressive. Of course they were up 20 points for the first half the game, so he didn't need to be. And when it came time for him to turn it on, I thought Boston did a good job of contesting his shots at the rim. Nothing spectacular, but solid defense. He just kept missing them.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

They showed LeBron practicing before the game and he was visably unhappy with his shooting stroke. It carried into the game.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

This series is getting interesting. Celtics up 10 at the half. Lebron with 4 fouls. Any chance of IT coming back if this series extends to 6 or 7?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:This series is getting interesting. Celtics up 10 at the half. Lebron with 4 fouls. Any chance of IT coming back if this series extends to 6 or 7?
Pretty sure they said out for the playoffs/season, not just a week or two. Likely needs surgery.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Cavs are bumming it. They did it last year vs the Raps.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I was hoping for the Celtics to even the series and make it interesting, but alas. They have a lot of scrappy guys, but not a lot of dudes you can count on to score. IT gave them that, of course. I wish they were better able to give Cleveland some run for their money, but now it seems like it's just a countdown till the Finals.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The Celtics seem to be playing better without IT. I'm not sure what that means for them in the long run. Do they keep IT? Do they trade him? Do they trade the pick? Or do they just add Fultz? Are they a really threat to pull Hayward away from Utah?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

It means they keep their coach.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:It means they keep their coach.
Are you sure? They might need more overcome adversity toughness talk. Maybe they should trade us for our coach. Stevens and #1 for Watson and #4.

;)
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
Are you sure? They might need more overcome adversity toughness talk. Maybe they should trade us for our coach. Stevens and #1 for Watson and #4.

;)
I would even trow in Knight for IT.

;)
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:The Celtics seem to be playing better without IT. I'm not sure what that means for them in the long run. Do they keep IT? Do they trade him? Do they trade the pick? Or do they just add Fultz? Are they a really threat to pull Hayward away from Utah?
I only watched the 2nd half last night, but they really needed him. They couldn't get anything going offensively.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Scrappiness can only get you so far. You need a go-to scorer and IT was that. Horford blows and they should be regretting that signing.

I've seen the talk about them trading IT if they pick up Fultz...I just don't know. I get that it's tough to win with him, but they also haven't put a lot of other scorers around him. Add in Paul George and you have a legit Big 3. I don't think he and Butler would work well together. I don't think he and Melo would work well together.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:The Celtics seem to be playing better without IT. I'm not sure what that means for them in the long run. Do they keep IT? Do they trade him? Do they trade the pick? Or do they just add Fultz? Are they a really threat to pull Hayward away from Utah?
I sure wouldn't want to be the team that has to pay IT the max or near max.
"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

In2ition wrote:

;)

Hey!
Why are you including our own pick? Stevens and their #1 is already a homerun for Boston!!! :lol:

carey

Post by carey »

Anyone hearing rumblings that Stevens may go back to college? I don't know why he would but starting to see stuff to that effect out there.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:Anyone hearing rumblings that Stevens may go back to college? I don't know why he would but starting to see stuff to that effect out there.
I hadn't heard that, but he could get almost any job he wanted if he did go back. Heck years and years ago, I was hoping he would succeed Coach K at Duke.

carey

Post by carey »

I'm sure Duke is hoping that as well.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:Anyone hearing rumblings that Stevens may go back to college? I don't know why he would but starting to see stuff to that effect out there.
That sounds ludicrous to me. He's coaching a great team that is almost a Finals contender and is only going to get better. I don't think he would leave that behind. If he goes back to college, I think it would be after the Celtics' current run ends and they have a long rebuild ahead of them.