2017 Suns NBA Draft (4th, 32nd, 54th)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Furlanfufi

Re: 2017 Suns NBA Draft (4th, 32nd, 54th)

Post by Furlanfufi »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:How popular is baseball around Brazil? I do know that from south Mexico to Venezuela is a great draw.

I was so fast on my youth, that just connecting the ball was almost an automatic hit, a regular hit became a double or triple and after that, a stealed base waiting to happen, but at .250, baseball was not meant to be for me. Baseball and Football were beyond me, just TV sports, but a first selection player in soccer and basketball on my neighborhood and around. Sadly, here in Mexico, only uber high performance athletes gets scholarships and rewards, so my above average athleticism went wasted. You can't work your way up trough sports, wich deny us as a country, both better athletes and human beings. For all the deserved crap the NCAA gets, at least has provided an estructured way to work your way up either from a middle class home, or the depths of the 'hood.
The only time any brazilians watch baseball is when Peanuts cartoons is on tv! LOL

I know only 2 people here who have a baseball glove and that's me (the one from my youth) and a violin student at my school (for those who don't know, I own a music school) who's also from japanese descent and plays softball.
This is a actual photo from the brazilian baseball national team (and believe me, it's getting more mixed nowadays)...

Football is growing fast here, there's a boom in audience and the number of people playing is growing really really fast.

I was never a great player on any sport. Probably got chosen second to last on every gym class team (we mostly played soccer, sometimes handball or volley).
I was better than most on basketball, but being 5'5'' never helped. I only got good on soccer when I was 18, and by then I got fat. Now that I'm 36, my high school friends who happens to play with me sometimes are surprised by how better I play now.

There's no scholarships for athletes here also.

INFORMER

Re: 2017 Suns NBA Draft (4th, 32nd, 54th)

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:What do you guys think of Kuzma? Reminds me a little of Chandler Parsons. I kind of like him.
Good call, 'bazz. Looked incredible in summer league play. I think a lot of teams will regret passing on him.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.