2017 Suns NBA Draft (4th, 32nd, 54th)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: 2017 Suns NBA Draft (4th, 32nd, 54th)

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:I'm pretty torn between Jackson, Isaac and Tatum.
That means we're taking Fox. ;)
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't feel good about Isaac at all. I think he's an athlete, a tremendous one, but I always worry about guys who started late playing basketball. He drifts during the game and physically, I'm not sure how much bigger he can get. He's got those narrow shoulders and a narrow torso.

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

Being a foreigner, living in Belgium and not following the NCAA or any news related, I don't know much about it but people keep talking about how Ball' stock could fall because of his father, could this hurt Jackson's as well? (just saw the link in twitter - sorry if it's been already posted)

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... 338391001/

TOO

Post by TOO »

ShelC wrote:I don't feel good about Isaac at all. I think he's an athlete, a tremendous one, but I always worry about guys who started late playing basketball. He drifts during the game and physically, I'm not sure how much bigger he can get. He's got those narrow shoulders and a narrow torso.
Would you say he's got lady shoulders? 8-)
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He's built like Cher. There, I said it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:I don't feel good about Isaac at all. I think he's an athlete, a tremendous one, but I always worry about guys who started late playing basketball. He drifts during the game and physically, I'm not sure how much bigger he can get. He's got those narrow shoulders and a narrow torso.
I've never heard anything about Isaac starting basketball late. He played at least 5 years before college. He did grow 6-7 inches since his freshman year, which gives me hope that he'll fill out more, especially with an NBA workout regimen.

TOO

Post by TOO »

http://nbadraft.theringer.com/?list=jonathan

These rankings are uhhhh... Interesting.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, he's crazy high on anunoby and Isaac. I've heard him talk about them on some podcasts. He envisions them as the future of the center position defensively. He thinks anunoby will be able to defend 1-5.

Smith is another guy he has way higher than I would put him. I do like that he's got Justin Jackson(UM), Jordan Bell, Wesley Iwundu, and Devin Robinson in the first round. I think all those guys are very underrated prospects.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I was reading chad ford's big board and he mentions scouts think Tatum is a great fit in Boston. Do you think there is any chance Boston would trade down to 4 to get Tatum? What would they want in return?

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Split T wrote:I was reading chad ford's big board and he mentions scouts think Tatum is a great fit in Boston. Do you think there is any chance Boston would trade down to 4 to get Tatum? What would they want in return?
Its Danny Ainge. He would want a lot. Besides, I think Ainge wants Fultz. He knows the limitations of IT.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Split T wrote:I was reading chad ford's big board and he mentions scouts think Tatum is a great fit in Boston. Do you think there is any chance Boston would trade down to 4 to get Tatum? What would they want in return?
Its Danny Ainge. He would want a lot.
The price wouldnt be worth whatever the talent difference between 1 and 4 is. Fultz is good, but I think any of the top 7 or so players could be future all-nba guys.

Split T

Post by Split T »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
Its Danny Ainge. He would want a lot.
The price wouldnt be worth whatever the talent difference between 1 and 4 is. Fultz is good, but I think any of the top 7 or so players could be future all-nba guys.
To me Fultz is a level above the other prospects.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Would you say he's got lady shoulders? 8-)
Ha! :D
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Split T wrote:
I've never heard anything about Isaac starting basketball late. He played at least 5 years before college. He did grow 6-7 inches since his freshman year, which gives me hope that he'll fill out more, especially with an NBA workout regimen.
Apologies, I misread it. He had hit a growth spurt where he great 6 inches in high school so I think he started playing big, late. Another thing to keep an eye on is that he did a year at IMG so he's a bit older than some other freshmen. Nothing major though. Also, growing in height doesn't always translate to growing wide/big. Again, narrow shoulders and torso. He'll fill out, but I think it'll be hard pressed to be more than 230ish.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
His shot looked pretty good to me in the video. He had a nice arc on it.
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:
Split T wrote:
Apologies, I misread it. He had hit a growth spurt where he great 6 inches in high school so I think he started playing big, late. Another thing to keep an eye on is that he did a year at IMG so he's a bit older than some other freshmen. Nothing major though. Also, growing in height doesn't always translate to growing wide/big. Again, narrow shoulders and torso. He'll fill out, but I think it'll be hard pressed to be more than 230ish.
I like that he plays outside in, which I guess comes from growing late. I think he has the potential to defend almost as well as Chandler and shoot like Mirza. I think he could become a great supporting player who thrives off playing with Booker. Don't think he's a star, though.

Would I take him at 4? Maybe not. If Jackson of Ball is there, I take that guy. I'm not as sold on Fox as a lot of folks are, so I would look to see if I could turn Fox into Isaac and a guard.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

rhylek wrote:Being a foreigner, living in Belgium and not following the NCAA or any news related, I don't know much about it but people keep talking about how Ball' stock could fall because of his father, could this hurt Jackson's as well? (just saw the link in twitter - sorry if it's been already posted)

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... 338391001/
Well, don't just stand there! Tell us all about Ntilikina! Is he a quiet stud, or is he a Belgian Waffle?

:D

Welcome, my friend.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Split T wrote:
Ya I think that's fair, he's never gonna have Dwight Howard's build. I think he's a tougher than he looks though, he's not afraid of contact, especially going after boards.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Earl W. Watson Bush wrote:Character gets you through tough times. And it also gets you through adversity...

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I nearly punched my monitor when I saw those quotes from Watson.