Your Top Five for #4

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Atreides

Re: Your Top Five for #4

Post by Atreides »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Atreides wrote:Jayson Tatum
Jonathan Isaac
Frank Ntilikina
Dennis Smith
De'Aaron Fox
Is this in order?

It seems that our foreign members are higher on French Frank than most.
Yes, I think that Frank is really great prospect. His defense, size and playmaking skills are what will make him a unique type of player in this league.
"The falling leaf does hate the wind"

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

His frame is intreguing. Reported anywhere from 6'5"-6'7" with a defensive mindset and 7' wingspan.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Atreides

Post by Atreides »

In2ition wrote:His frame is intreguing. Reported anywhere from 6'5"-6'7" with a defensive mindset and 7' wingspan.
Yeah, I'm really high on him, he may be bigger Gary Payton if he develops properly.
"The falling leaf does hate the wind"

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

Atreides wrote:
Atreides wrote:Jayson Tatum
Jonathan Isaac
Frank Ntilikina
Dennis Smith
De'Aaron Fox
Is this in order?

It seems that our foreign members are higher on French Frank than most.
Yes, I think that Frank is really great prospect. His defense, size and playmaking skills are what will make him a unique type of player in this league.
This +1

Love Ntilikina. He has everything that is hard/impossible to learn and it seems he just needs to get a bit more development to really break out. Good character too. Cannot understand why he is not higher on most boards.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think it's just really hard to project him. I've read a lot about him and if everything they say is true, he's an awesome prospect. But he's essentially a high school prospect. He hasn't got much playing time since the U-18 European championships. He was phenomenal there, but has been a seldom use role player since.

Reports are he's 6'5-6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan and can defend both backcourt positions and the wing. He's a smart PG who reads the pick and roll well and is also a great shooter. The only knock is that he's just an ok athlete and may not have the quickness to consistently get into the paint.

If that's all true, he's the perfect 3-D pg. The kind of PG you'd want if you have a ball dominant player at another position or a score first PG. He'd look great next to harden or Westbrook.

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

-
Last edited by Bruiser on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Ntilikina is my biggest argument for not wanting Fox. Fox is certainly more proven (and a year older), and maybe quicker. Ntilikina seems to have the potential to be just as good a complement to Booker, and he's young enough to accept a bench role, plus we can maybe get him and another prospect for the #4. Ntilikina KILLED the u-18 ero championships.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:Ntilikina is my biggest argument for not wanting Fox. Fox is certainly more proven (and a year older), and maybe quicker. Ntilikina seems to have the potential to be just as good a complement to Booker, and he's young enough to accept a bench role, plus we can maybe get him and another prospect for the #4. Ntilikina KILLED the u-18 ero championships.
What if you could get Isaac and Ntilikina?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:Ntilikina is my biggest argument for not wanting Fox. Fox is certainly more proven (and a year older), and maybe quicker. Ntilikina seems to have the potential to be just as good a complement to Booker, and he's young enough to accept a bench role, plus we can maybe get him and another prospect for the #4. Ntilikina KILLED the u-18 ero championships.
I'd jump off a bridge.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Bruiser

Re: RE: Re: Your Top Five for #4

Post by Bruiser »

In2ition wrote:
I'd jump off a bridge.
I would catch you and called it a fantastic draft! Image

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

carey

Post by carey »

I've only seen the stuff on Youtube but little quicker is an understatement. Ntilikina is not quick at all and Fox is a blur out there. I don't put much stock in the U18 stuff. Okafor killed the U18's too.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
That's the scenario I have in my sig. I don't really think either of those guys becomes a star, although there is that possibility. I just like the potential fit.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
I've only seen the stuff on Youtube but little quicker is an understatement. Ntilikina is not quick at all and Fox is a blur out there. I don't put much stock in the U18 stuff. Okafor killed the U18's too.
And Okafor is a very good nba scorer. Obviously, you have to look at the whole player, and I have very little info on Ntilikina. I wouldn't refuse to draft Fox because of a kid in France, but if I was considering Fox, I would take a good hard look at Ntilikina to see if he might be just what we need.

TOO

Re: RE: Re: Your Top Five for #4

Post by TOO »

Bruiser wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I'd jump off a bridge.
I would catch you and called it a fantastic draft! Image

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
:lol:
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

I don't care who we get just not a euro stiff... They are disproportionately high in the bust category of early draft picks. Still to be sold on our last few

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

BlaCkAdDa wrote:I don't care who we get just not a euro stiff... They are disproportionately high in the bust category of early draft picks. Still to be sold on our last few

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
He's not some tall white stiff though. I would compare him more to Giannis than I would to Gallinaro.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It is a good point that our last few "Euro" picks are Len and Bender, though Len doesn't really count. There seem to be certain teams like the Spurs who are great at finding some diamond-in-the-rough foreign player in the late 1st round who turns into a star. But then you also get a lot of these guys like Mario Hezonja who are only "meh."

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:It is a good point that our last few "Euro" picks are Len and Bender, though Len doesn't really count. There seem to be certain teams like the Spurs who are great at finding some diamond-in-the-rough foreign player in the late 1st round who turns into a star. But then you also get a lot of these guys like Mario Hezonja who are only "meh."
Usually I do not really like those Euro picks either. In fact I downright hate the nonathletic/stiff player archetypes as picks in the lottery. Besides, it feels like most teams are underestimating how big of a transition it is for these young kids to come to new country while dealing with these huge expectations and and all of that. Still, I am not yet convinced that Frank Ntilikina is Darko Milicic but of course that remains to be seen.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

JCSunsfan wrote:Lonzo Ball just moved up on my list because of THIS:
[tweet]
[/tweet]
Saw this last night and remembered your comment :)

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I would be very surprised if foreign players had a lower success rate than American college players.