Suns draft Josh Jackson at #4

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Suns draft Josh Jackson at #4

Post by O_Gardino »

[youtube][/youtube]
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

I like his ability to put the ball on the floor. He could develop into a point forward with his handles and court awareness. He's going to elevate the overall talent on the team. So can we put a starting lineup of ulis, Booker, jj, tj, and chriss or Bender on the floor?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Gambo told him today that Suns fans hate the Lakers and Spurs and could he do that. He said he now hates every team that's not the Suns. Smart kid.
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

It's all good Josh ! :) :D

https://twitter.com/Suns/status/878432169927954432

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Cap

Post by Cap »

He looks like he's never thrown a baseball in his life.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That's hilarious. I thought this was funny too:

https://twitter.com/Dbacks/status/878434263502274560

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Here's an article regarding Jackson's past regressions:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... 2ccec40387

I think he's in the right place to grow as a man and human being.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Josh Jackson brings 'nasty' element to rebuilding Suns

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... 0574436de4
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

“Toward the end of last season, we got into a couple scuffles every game,” Watson said. “(With Jackson), I don’t see it stopping anytime soon. But I think fans kind of like to see these young guys fight for a chance to win.”
I don't think I want the head coach encouraging that.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
“Toward the end of last season, we got into a couple scuffles every game,” Watson said. “(With Jackson), I don’t see it stopping anytime soon. But I think fans kind of like to see these young guys fight for a chance to win.”
But I do like it. I like that our guys don't back down from other players and teams. I've hand enough of the nice guy Suns over the years. I appreciate a little nasty.
"Be Legendary."

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

iLLmatic wrote:I like his ability to put the ball on the floor. He could develop into a point forward with his handles and court awareness. He's going to elevate the overall talent on the team. So can we put a starting lineup of ulis, Booker, jj, tj, and chriss or Bender on the floor?
I've been saying he's Scottie Pippen 2.0 for months.
~~~~~

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
But I do like it. I like that our guys don't back down from other players and teams. I've hand enough of the nice guy Suns over the years. I appreciate a little nasty.
I hate the fake tough guy act Chriss has.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
I hate the fake tough guy act Chriss has.
Watson coached him to be an aggravator like Draymond Green. I lost all respect for Watson when those interviews came out.

Not being afraid to back down is different than being a bad team that fights people because of wounded pride. We want to be Mastifs, not cihuahuas.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

DrSublime wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:I like his ability to put the ball on the floor. He could develop into a point forward with his handles and court awareness. He's going to elevate the overall talent on the team. So can we put a starting lineup of ulis, Booker, jj, tj, and chriss or Bender on the floor?
I've been saying he's Scottie Pippen 2.0 for months.
He very well could be.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
There is a difference between not backing down and starting crap and overreacting to/escalating non-confrontational actions by the opponent.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote: I think he's in the right place to grow as a man and human being.
I think that's getting a little carried away. Off the court, Jaackson is going to be who he wants to be.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

INFORMER wrote:
ShelC wrote:I do like the theme, I just hope Jackson develops into a high level defender and above average offensive player in some capacity (corner 3s, driving the ball, something). You need to have an offensive threat everywhere on the floor in today's NBA.
I think Josh Jackson's offensive ability is very underrated.
I know everyone complains about shooting. But he really improved his shooting throughout the year. He was over 51% from 2 and 38% from 3 (34/90). Players who are considered TOP shooters hit around the same rate for the year.

I know, its the free throw shooting. Scottie Pippen shot .576 free throws his first nba year. But he was a four year player. He gradually improved hitting over 80% some seasons and ended up with a 70% career average.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
There is a difference between not backing down and starting crap and overreacting to/escalating non-confrontational actions by the opponent.
I agree but I didn't see a whole lot of that.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote: I think he's in the right place to grow as a man and human being.
I think that's getting a little carried away. Off the court, Jaackson is going to be who he wants to be.
I don't. Off the court, I'm not sure who's sticking around such as his mom but I think he'll be hanging out mostly with our young core which I think will have a positive influence on him. Plus he'll have a father like figure in Watson always available. Jackson lost his stepfather in 2014.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

JCSunsfan wrote: I know, its the free throw shooting. Scottie Pippen shot .576 free throws his first nba year. But he was a four year player. He gradually improved hitting over 80% some seasons and ended up with a 70% career average.
Pippen's rookie FT% was an aberration. He shot .695 in college, including .719 as a senior.