Suns draft Alec Peters at 54

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Suns draft Alec Peters at 54

Post by Indy »

I have no idea who this is.

Dis • cuss

Indy

Re: Suns draft Alec Peters at 54

Post by Indy »

Indy

Post by Indy »

Basically a small 6'8" that can rebound well

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Great shooter, terrible defender.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Probably spend the year in the G league

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

He's a better version of Alec Brown. He got hurt end of last year or you would of heard about him in the tournament because Valpo would of won their conference and was a sleeper 12/11 seed heading into the tourney. Not sure if he'll make it, but his skill set is something we can use.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

He's a guy. Summer league fodder.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

There's still a big gap between "a better version of Alec Brown" and NBA Player.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

Cool. Cool cool cool. I guess?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/878112346652258305

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Reminds me a little of Josh "Jorts" Harrellson.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Seems like he won't make the roster. Maybe can improve in the D (G) League for a year and we'll see.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

This guy's game is similar to that one foreign shooter we had on our team couple years ago and he was actually somewhat decent. Gosh I can't think of his name right now but he was on the Nets before he played for us I think and after he played for us he got overpaid by some other team. Too lazy right now, I'll look it up tomorrow once I wake up.

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

UglyTruth wrote:This guy's game is similar to that one foreign shooter we had on our team couple years ago and he was actually somewhat decent. Gosh I can't think of his name right now but he was on the Nets before he played for us I think and after he played for us he got overpaid by some other team. Too lazy right now, I'll look it up tomorrow once I wake up.
Teletovic?

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

I REALLY like this pick. He has two (three) college stats that translate extremely well to the NBA: 3 point %, Rebounding, and FT %. He's a better shooter than Reed: in his Junior year he shot 44%. Almost 90% FT shooter. Right around 50% from the field. Teletovic is good comparison.

He had a down year his senior year, but was battling injury. The big knock on him is strength, which can be addressed more easily than some other issues.

Excellent value for the money pick. Gut feeling is that he becomes a NBA stretch 4, and is one of those guys like Frye who always has a good real-plus-minus but not eye popping stats.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Hidey ho, all...and let's see....isn't that what summer league is for? To see what a guy can give you?

VT

carey

Post by carey »

He can rebound & shoot. If you can do those things in the NBA when you're tall you can find a home. We just got John Leuer $8M a year. I don't know if we'll have the playing time for this kid but he's no Alec Brown from what I can tell. It's a bummer he won't be healed in time to play Summer League.

Still I'll be interested to watch with Josh Jackson, Reed and hopefully Bender (if he's not playing for his national team this Summer) out there. Chriss is eligible to play so it would be cool if he showed up for a game or two like Booker last year.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

It would be cool if Chriss showed up and dominated a few games.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

We were pretty good with our deep picks and UFAs last season, so that's a good sign for Peters. If he can shoot half as good as Teletovic and rebound half as good as Williams, he will stick in the NBA. Good luck, kid!

As for summer league, Chriss had better play in every game. He needs the experience and coaching. He's not at Booker's "just dominate" level at all. Looking forward to seeing our summer squad this year. Hopefully Ulis can lead the team to a lot of running and passing.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think Ulis is out with injury, right? He had surgery I believe. Peters is being held out too, so we've got Reed/Jackson/Chriss/Bender at the 2-5. We need our PG, Kobi Simmons? Or we could just run Reed/Jones Jr/Jackson/Chriss/Bender and just let Reed, Jackson, and Bender share ball handling duties. Could be a good learning opportunity. And that team defensively would be awesome. Literally can just switch everything.