POLL: Grade the Suns' draft overall

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Suns overall draft grade

A+
12%
A
21%
A-
21%
B+
21%
B
19%
B-
No votes
C+
No votes
C
2%
C-
2%
D+
No votes
D
No votes
D-
No votes
F
No votes

Total votes: 42

Split T

Re: POLL: Grade the Suns' draft overall

Post by Split T »

SDC wrote:
In2ition wrote:
SDC wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Superbone wrote: Agreed. Occasionally I'll take a peek but I usually remember quickly why I have his posts blocked.
I know!

I was having a politically incorrect laugh out of all of this (my reading is far more advanced than my writing so I usually only read this kind of exchanges, afraid to write something wrong), then suddenly it morphed into some "Are you looking to me? -drunk-in-a-bar" kind of thing, I had to unblock SDC's comments and saw why the mood changed so fast. For someone that likes to stir the pot almost on every post he writes, he has an incredibly thin skin.

Now the joke is over, we should shoot it out of mercy...
okay, how about practicing some civility and respect in this forum. just because you disagree doesnt mean you personally attack.

it's still a fact that josh jackson cant shoot. that's data for you ( if you know your elementary level math.)
Yeah, we all agree that he needs to improve his shooting, but you said that he is worse in every shooting category than MKG was when he came out of Kentucky. I didn't refute it at first, because I assumed you were comparing stats. I certainly didn't think you were comparing shooting form. It just didn't sound right to me, so I looked up the stats myself and it turned out that Jackson was better at everything except free throw shooting. Using your elementary math skills, explain how Jackson is worse at "EVERYTHING" than MKG was coming out. If you have the data, back up your claim. It should be easy to prove if you are so convinced that is the case.
just because shaq shot 60% from the field many times in his career doesnt mean he can shoot, and by "shoot" i mean shoot from outside.

i was hoping justise winslow's 3pt shooting percentage and FG% in college (and not his FT%) would translate to the nba, but it didnt.

you say it's only his FT shooting taht is deficient, but he's shooting it at a 56 percent rate.

before the draft, i was hoping the boy wonder would draft tatum instead. since jackson is here, i hope he finds a shot doctor and i wish him the best. honestly, i dont think he will move the needle, but i hope i'm wrong.
In MKG's rookie year he shot 27% from 3-10 feet, 14% from 10-16 feet, 30% from 16-23 feet and 22% from 3. Jackson will beat those numbers in all categories this year, and I imagine he'll have more attempts.

MKG has turned into an ok mid range threat, he shot 35%and 37% the last two full years from 16-23 feet, but he's still an abysmal shooter from 3. 20% for his career.

Does your argument have anything other than Jackson shot 56% from the FT line?

SDC

Post by SDC »

Split T wrote:His only claim is free throw shooting. It's the reason Fultz was a bad prospect too.

And MKG had the worst shooting form I've ever seen, Jackson's is much better.
i dont recall saying fultz will be a bad prospect. but i do believe he will be a volume shooter while shooting below 45% from the field.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Based on his ft shooting? He shot 48% in college and 41% from 3. He doesn't really profile as a chucker to me

SDC

Post by SDC »

Split T wrote:
SDC wrote:
In2ition wrote:
SDC wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
I know!

I was having a politically incorrect laugh out of all of this (my reading is far more advanced than my writing so I usually only read this kind of exchanges, afraid to write something wrong), then suddenly it morphed into some "Are you looking to me? -drunk-in-a-bar" kind of thing, I had to unblock SDC's comments and saw why the mood changed so fast. For someone that likes to stir the pot almost on every post he writes, he has an incredibly thin skin.

okay, how about practicing some civility and respect in this forum. just because you disagree doesnt mean you personally attack.

it's still a fact that josh jackson cant shoot. that's data for you ( if you know your elementary level math.)
Yeah, we all agree that he needs to improve his shooting, but you said that he is worse in every shooting category than MKG was when he came out of Kentucky. I didn't refute it at first, because I assumed you were comparing stats. I certainly didn't think you were comparing shooting form. It just didn't sound right to me, so I looked up the stats myself and it turned out that Jackson was better at everything except free throw shooting. Using your elementary math skills, explain how Jackson is worse at "EVERYTHING" than MKG was coming out. If you have the data, back up your claim. It should be easy to prove if you are so convinced that is the case.
just because shaq shot 60% from the field many times in his career doesnt mean he can shoot, and by "shoot" i mean shoot from outside.

i was hoping justise winslow's 3pt shooting percentage and FG% in college (and not his FT%) would translate to the nba, but it didnt.

you say it's only his FT shooting taht is deficient, but he's shooting it at a 56 percent rate.

before the draft, i was hoping the boy wonder would draft tatum instead. since jackson is here, i hope he finds a shot doctor and i wish him the best. honestly, i dont think he will move the needle, but i hope i'm wrong.
In MKG's rookie year he shot 27% from 3-10 feet, 14% from 10-16 feet, 30% from 16-23 feet and 22% from 3. Jackson will beat those numbers in all categories this year, and I imagine he'll have more attempts.

MKG has turned into an ok mid range threat, he shot 35%and 37% the last two full years from 16-23 feet, but he's still an abysmal shooter from 3. 20% for his career.

Does your argument have anything other than Jackson shot 56% from the FT line?
i'm not surprised. MKG shot almost 80% at the line.

as for jackson, he's a good in-game dunker.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Split T wrote:Based on his ft shooting? He shot 48% in college and 41% from 3. He doesn't really profile as a chucker to me
i expect him to be in the pros. his ppg will impress a lot of ppl.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

SDC wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
SDC wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Superbone wrote: Agreed. Occasionally I'll take a peek but I usually remember quickly why I have his posts blocked.
I know!

Are you threatening me, dude?

It's a simple question.

WHO. ARE. YOU. RE. FER. RING. TO?

:lol:

Yeah, please enlight me about civility and respect, while mocking somebody's math level... What's next? Momma jokes?
i never said i wouldnt retaliate when attacked. i never did anything to you but obviously you got TRIGGERED by something.
Oh yeah, you got under my skin with those remarks, I'm furious!!
Seriously, your math level should allow you to catch the joke, mine did. :lol:

Now, truly seriously, I rarely take offense by people over a thousand miles away, hidden behind a keyboard. Can't say never, but I try my best. No one is actually attacking you, every now and then everybody catch some heat for something he wrote, so chill out dude, because you like to look very raw when confronting people (like your so-called "fact" on JJ shooting), yet to easy to get "triggered". I must be on someone's foe list, as you are on others, and so on.

Out of respect I have been unblocking your posting, since I addressed you indirectly while agreeing how some people kept confirming the reason they got blocked by somebody, but let's leave it here. You win whatever internet points this conversation means to you, ok?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

The Bobster wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:It wouldn't be a Suns offseason without us rehashing the Joe Johnson years. :) #ssol
Hell, some of us still rehash the coin flip for Lew Alcindor!
Never heard of him. ;)
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan