Suns Summer League

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Suns Summer League

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The latest Ringer NBA podcast features a good 10 minute discussion on Chriss, Bender, and the Suns youngsters. Some pretty strong opinions that mirror closely to what's been talked about here.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

[youtube][/youtube]

Just a little reminder that Chriss did some ok things last year.

Indy

Post by Indy »

He certainly did. He did some very good things too, not just OK, for a 19/20 year old.

None of that changes the fact that he has a bad attitude and gives up on plays when it doesn't go his way (very similar to keef, and probably why it is triggering people here).

carey

Post by carey »

Those highlights are interesting because they touch on how I feel about him in that he's mostly just a transition player. He doesn't offer much in the half court at all right now.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So, when are we going to see the 16-17 Brandon Knight highlights?
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:So, when are we going to see the 16-17 Brandon Knight highlights?
We should be sending those to 29 GMs!
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:He certainly did. He did some very good things too, not just OK, for a 19/20 year old.

None of that changes the fact that he has a bad attitude and gives up on plays when it doesn't go his way (very similar to keef, and probably why it is triggering people here).
I understand that, I guess it just feels like were giving up on Chriss, the same way he gives up on plays that don't go his way ;)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Indy wrote:He certainly did. He did some very good things too, not just OK, for a 19/20 year old.

I understand that, I guess it just feels like were giving up on Chriss, the same way he gives up on plays that don't go his way ;)
6/10 I laughed and felt guilt.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:So, when are we going to see the 16-17 Brandon Knight highlights?
Here you go. Might have been his only good game of the year.

[youtube][/youtube]

Indy

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:
Split T wrote:

6/10 I laughed and felt guilt.
8/10. I did both, too. Well, more like chuckled and had a slight tinge of remorse. But that still gets you an 8/10 split.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I found a Brandon Knight highlight! Haven't watched the video, but I'm sure Brandon nailed it on this play.

[youtube][/youtube]

EDC

Post by EDC »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:The latest Ringer NBA podcast features a good 10 minute discussion on Chriss, Bender, and the Suns youngsters. Some pretty strong opinions that mirror closely to what's been talked about here.
https://soundcloud.com/ringernbashow/su ... ncy-ep-133

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Are those guys popular? Brutal to listen to.

They pretty much said everything we've been saying. Jackson's a super versatile player, stood out, needs to change his shooting mechanics (which I don't agree with). Chriss looked awful. Bender, if he turns into anything, could be a very good player but not a great player.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:Are those guys popular? Brutal to listen to.

They pretty much said everything we've been saying. Jackson's a super versatile player, stood out, needs to change his shooting mechanics (which I don't agree with). Chriss looked awful. Bender, if he turns into anything, could be a very good player but not a great player.
I would love to see Bender turn into a Diaw type player. He has that kind of smooth lumber to his game, knows where to be, where the ball needs to be, and can pass well. I think that would be his ceiling.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I hate the guy Chris Vernon who hosts the Ringer NBA show. Something about his voice and the way he talks irritates me to no end. Plus, while he clearly follows the league, he doesn't seem to have especially sophisticated opinions about most NBA matters. And he often isn't good about making a persuasive case when he and his guest get into a disagreement. He often devolves into arguments like, "I mean, come ON," etc.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Split T wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Split T wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

nvm

carey

Post by carey »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

I hate the guy Chris Vernon who hosts the Ringer NBA show. Something about his voice and the way he talks irritates me to no end. Plus, while he clearly follows the league, he doesn't seem to have especially sophisticated opinions about most NBA matters. And he often isn't good about making a persuasive case when he and his guest get into a disagreement. He often devolves into arguments like, "I mean, come ON," etc.
Wow they shit on Chriss and Bender something fierce. That was not a fun listen. They like Josh Jackson a lot (probably until he plays an NBA game) and of course Booker and Ulis. That's about it.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!