SL Game Day: Suns (1-0) @ Mavs (1-0), Sun 7/9/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

SL Game Day: Suns (1-0) @ Mavs (1-0), Sun 7/9/17

Post by Superbone »

Time: 1:30 pm AZ (1:30 pm PT/4:30 pm ET)
Place: Thomas & Mack, Las Vegas, NV
TV: ESPN

Game 2 of Suns NBA Summer League basketball. Will we see Chriss cut out the crybaby act? Let's hope Booker had a long chat with him. Coach should pull him from the game the minute he acts up. Excited to see Jackson and Reed suit up for us once again.

Go Suns!!!

Dis • cuss
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Re: SL Game Day: Suns (1-0) @ Mavs (1-0), Sun 7/9/17

Post by bajanguy008 »

Good to read some quotes from the guys. Davon not being much of a talker doesn't surprise me, guy just comes to play. Josh wanting the defense and communication to improve are all encouraging comments. At least Marquese acknowledged he did some dumb stuff so let's see how he plays today. Bring on Game 2 !! 8-)

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2017 ... ento-kings
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Yea liked those comments by Quesse and JJ. Very interested to see Dennis Smith Jr. today. I wasn't a fan during the draft process, but I know some people who think his ceiling is star potential. He had a good debut
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Pips

Post by Pips »

Unlike first game, normal time of game for watching :)
Last edited by Pips on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Dallas plays Yogi and DSJ together, so it can be a bit of a mismatch with quickness. They also played and won the Orlando summer league, and have won their first game in the Vegas SL by 15, so they feel they're the team to beat.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:Dallas plays Yogi and DSJ together, so it can be a bit of a mismatch with quickness. They also played and won the Orlando summer league, and have won their first game in the Vegas SL by 15, so they feel they're the team to beat.
They did lose Chris Wood from their Orlando team. To us.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I can't wait for this one! I saw most of the last game on a blurry stream, but this one will be on my big TV in the living room on good ol' ESPN. I hope Chriss shows me something better this time, and always exciting to see Jackson and Reed in Suns uniforms. GO SUNS!

TOO

Post by TOO »

DSJ is on another level athletically, yeesh.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Chriss isn't engaged defensively. We're getting outworked inside, on the boards. He's also playing softer, need him to be more physical. Bender looks good on both ends but he's lost some quickness with the added weight. I think he could see minutes at the 5 this year. He's just a big body in the paint which is good to see. Had a real nice dump off pass to James on an early possession.

Jackson is in the mix of every play, even if he doesn't come away with the score or the rebound. I think he's got to be more aware boxing out rather than relying on his size and athleticism, which he could do in college. He's gotten caught a couple times waiting for the rebound and having someone from behind snatch it from him, rather than putting a body on the guy and getting the board himself.

Right now, we just don't seem to be in sync. Not a lot of cohesion, which is weird since Bender, Chriss and Jones Jr have been together a while now and should work well together.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I feel like we'd look a lot better on both ends if Ulis was there leading the guys.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JJ is terrible at offense. LOL, terrible.

carey

Post by carey »

No one even looks like an NBA player so far today.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

EDC

Post by EDC »

I don't know about the rest of you but I just love watching our guys do laps around the three point line on offense. Our team just loves running around the arc shovel passing the ball to each other.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Nice. Good on Watson for calling out Chriss for that lazy crap.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Yeah, I'm pretty fed up with watching Chriss already. He looks fat and lazy. Gross.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

EDC wrote:Nice. Good on Watson for calling out Chriss for that lazy crap.
Interesting comment about him needing to get into shape. Most around here thought he was bulking up, but Watson made it sound like the weight gain wasn't made in the weight room.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
EDC wrote:Nice. Good on Watson for calling out Chriss for that lazy crap.
Interesting comment about him needing to get into shape. Most around here thought he was bulking up, but Watson made it sound like the weight gain wasn't made in the weight room.
You dont usually add weight in your face if you add muscle to your body. Chriss just looks fat in the face.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty fed up with watching Chriss already. He looks fat and lazy. Gross.
Good, I'm glad it's not just me. I'm ready to cut his ass and give Wood is spot.

TOO

Post by TOO »

ShelC wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty fed up with watching Chriss already. He looks fat and lazy. Gross.
Good, I'm glad it's not just me. I'm ready to cut his ass and give Wood is spot.
:lol: Not sure I'd go that far, but I sure wouldnt cry if we traded him in a package that yielded Porzingis.

Pips

Post by Pips »

I agree. Almost cant watch.