SL Game Day: Rockets (1-1) @ Suns (1-1), Mon 7/10/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: SL Game Day: Rockets (1-1) @ Suns (1-1), Mon 7/10/17

Post by carey »

Chriss' hands must be smaller than Marion with the number of dunks he misses. Idk.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Kenny Smith LOVES Troy Williams. Jeeze...
I still dont get why DJJ ended up with a roster spot and Williams didnt.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

carey

Post by carey »

I just want Bender to finish above 50% shooting one god damn time this Summer. He was 4-7 and now he's 5-12. I knew he was going to wet the bed in the 2nd half. I've yet to see a complete game from him.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

EDC

Post by EDC »

Nice move by Jackson.

EDC

Post by EDC »

https://twitter.com/T1m_NBA/status/884566343726489601

Wow. I like that kind of fire.

Definitely seems like some of the players aren't all that happy with James.

carey

Post by carey »

EDC wrote:

They shouldn't be. And he's been passing more in the 4th.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

So much for winning Summer League.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

There's a fine line between having fire and being a dick.

If Chriss doesn't take another 3pter in SL i'll be happy. He does have 26 and 7 at the moment.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Bother Bender and Chriss had 5 rebounds at the half. Chriss got 2 in the 2nd half and Bender got one. :(

carey

Post by carey »

Great job Mike James.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

We had 2 timeouts and James just launches an early 3. So dumb.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

Horrible last possssion by James.

Bender and Chriss combined for 16 fouls in 57 minutes.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I turned it off for a homer exhibition, seems I made the right call :D
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

<Seinfeld voice> And you want to be my backup point guard... <Seinfeld voice>
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Geeez lol . I feel like James just embarassed me smh , after my first half post he played a terrible 3rd qrt then the 4th was Ok til the hero mode in last couple minutes. Oh well that's unfortunate.
I liked how Josh played , I think he's been handling the ball quite well and he should be good to go playing off Booker in the real games. Seemed to be venting with the other guys a couple times about getting back and rotating on D which is fine by me
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Big Jake Little Jake

Post by Big Jake Little Jake »

EDC wrote:

Yeah I saw all this from behind the bench. Jackson wasn't wrong.
I also heard Chriss yell at Jackson for his bad entry passes in the post. They made up quickly though.

There's definitely a fine line between being fiery, wanting to win and being whiny and annoying. I thought both were justified.

Chriss hustled pretty hard, but he was VERY out of breath for most of the 4th. He's out of shape for sure. No lift around the basket, or at least not as much as he usually has.

Let's hope this is a one time thing and he'll quickly realize what kind of shape he needs to stay in to compete at this level.

Who knows, maybe he got some bad advice to bulk up.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

iLLmatic wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:
ShelC wrote:I'm heading down that path with McD too. We've had some really high draft picks now and it doesn't look like there's a gamechanger/stud among them. We got Booker at 13, who's for sure a stud. But Len (5), Bender (4), Chriss (8) are questionable at the moment, with Len really looking like he's on his way out. You can't go thru this period of losing and miss on top 10 picks, or top 5 for that matter.
Booker was the obvious choice at 13, I think everybody on this board wanted Booker there. Admittedly I liked Len at 5, but I also liked CJ too. I did not like Bender or Chriss, the guys on the radio were having orgasms over that deal like McDonough pulled off some sort of miracle. I felt like it was so-so at the time because both players were unproven. Chriss being so raw and Bender a foreign prospect who was not even a starter on his previous team.

If you remove Booker from his draft history, you have pretty mediocre results; four of these picks were lottery picks::

Tyler Ulis - Backup PG
TJ Warren - Sixth man SF
Alex Len - On his way out
Tyler Ennis - Traded (bench fodder)
Archie Goodwin - Released
Dragan Bender - Still too raw to project (not aggressive enough)
Marquise Chriss - Still too raw to project (too aggressive in the wrong way)
Alec Brown - Who??
Bogdan Bogdanovic - Remains to be seen
I call ass all over this post. I would've loved to see your picks at those points in the draft. Anyone that thinks Warren and Ulis weren't great picks where they were chosen are out of their minds.

I don't see anyone I would have picked AT THE TIME over Chriss, Bender, or Len. Alec Brown was the 50th pick in the draft, give me a freaking break.

Ennis sucked.

You need to put down the haterade and stop fishing for reasons to hate McD. Yes, the Brandon Knight deal was awful. Aside from that incident, he's been just fine.
Warren was the obvious pick too at 14, just like Booker. Ulis wasn't a bad pick based on where he was picked. I don't care if he picked Chriss or Bender because last year's draft was kind of weak, what made it bad is that he doubled down on a s*** draft. I still don't see the wizardry of McDonough's drafting abilities.
This ^. I was saying this last year during the draft about that draft, TJ's draft, and Len's draft. Why the heck does he double down when it's clearly a weak draft? Then when it's deep, we tried to win and got lucky with Booker and don't double down, just like this year(would have been nice to double down this year with Fox, Isaac, Smith, Mitchell, Ntikilina, ect on the board.)
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:
I don't care if he picked Chriss or Bender because last year's draft was kind of weak, what made it bad is that he doubled down on a s*** draft. I still don't see the wizardry of McDonough's drafting abilities.
This ^. I was saying this last year during the draft about that draft, TJ's draft, and Len's draft. Why the heck does he double down when it's clearly a weak draft?
I don't get this criticism. We came into the draft with #4 and #13. The cost of trading up from #13 to #8 was small. What's the big deal?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:
I don't care if he picked Chriss or Bender because last year's draft was kind of weak, what made it bad is that he doubled down on a s*** draft. I still don't see the wizardry of McDonough's drafting abilities.
This ^. I was saying this last year during the draft about that draft, TJ's draft, and Len's draft. Why the heck does he double down when it's clearly a weak draft?
I don't get this criticism. We came into the draft with #4 and #13. The cost of trading up from #13 to #8 was small. What's the big deal?
It was more doubling down on two PFs, but it cost the Suns #13, #2? and Bogdan for #8.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Jackson's interesting to watch. He's a guy who doesn't stop moving so his reactions are quicker than most, he plays hard all the time but just doesn't show a lot of emotion. No screaming or clapping hands, just goes about his business. I can't think of a player we've had that he compares to.