SL Game Day: Suns #13 (2-2) @ Grizzlies #4 (3-0), Thurs 7/13/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: SL Game Day: Suns #13 (2-2) @ Grizzlies #4 (3-0), Thurs 7/13/17

Post by Split T »

I think the whole Mike James/Brandon Knight thing is an attempted knock on Knight. That's what I was going for when I compared them. They're both PG sized, ball dominant scoring guards who don't pass every well. James is just paid what Knight should be paid for what he's contributing.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Is this where we stand?

12 guaranteed normal contracts
Bled, Knight, Ulis, Booker, Reed, Warren, Jackson, Chriss, Bender, Duds, Chandler, Williams

2 non guaranteed
Jones Jr
Len

2 two-ways
James
Peters

1 empty roster spot
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Split T wrote:I think the whole Mike James/Brandon Knight thing is an attempted knock on Knight. That's what I was going for when I compared them. They're both PG sized, ball dominant scoring guards who don't pass every well. James is just paid what Knight should be paid for what he's contributing.
I think it is safe to say that Knight is a better, maybe much better player than James--pay scale aside.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Len doesn't have a contract right now and I don't think it's been confirmed that James or Peters signed a two way contact.

I also think Millsap still has a non guaranteed deal for next year.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Split T wrote:I think the whole Mike James/Brandon Knight thing is an attempted knock on Knight. That's what I was going for when I compared them. They're both PG sized, ball dominant scoring guards who don't pass every well. James is just paid what Knight should be paid for what he's contributing.
I think it is safe to say that Knight is a better, maybe much better player than James--pay scale aside.
Sure, potentially. But I think James could have done everything Knight did last year.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Split T wrote:Len doesn't have a contract right now and I don't think it's been confirmed that James or Peters signed a two way contact.

Suns twitter account has a picture of James sitting with McD signing a contract.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:Len doesn't have a contract right now and I don't think it's been confirmed that James or Peters signed a two way contact.

I think it's safe to count out Millsap.

McD Talked like Len would be back, but I'm not so sure. How we handle Len will tell us something about McD, I guess.

I'm working under the assumption that we will Keep Jones Jr all season. He showed about as much as we could expect during summer league.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JCSunsfan wrote:

Suns twitter account has a picture of James sitting with McD signing a contract.
Yep, that's been confirmed. On this board no less.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:

Yep, that's been confirmed. On this board no less.
I know he signed a contract, is it confirmed it was a two way? I thought that was speculation.

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:
I know he signed a contract, is it confirmed it was a two way? I thought that was speculation.
Confirmed. The speculation is if the 2-way will be converted immediately after his first 45 days with the team basically allowing him to exist in roster spot #16 giving us an extra month and a half to find a deal for Knight.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:
Split T wrote:
Confirmed. The speculation is if the 2-way will be converted immediately after his first 45 days with the team basically allowing him to exist in roster spot #16 giving us an extra month and a half to find a deal for Knight.
Got it, thanks!