2018 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Thread

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:Theo Pinson is interesting. Just makes plays all the time.
Yep. He's been on my radar. Good 2nd round/undrafted FA candidate.

And he's better equipped to be a small ball 4 than Mikal Bridges.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:Josh Jackson is a nice fit at the 3 next to Booker. Mikal is a perfect fit.
Agreed.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

INFORMER wrote:
Shabazz wrote:I don't see how Mikal Bridges fails at the next level. He's really good. I'd package the MIA + MIL picks to grab him if we could.
I agree with your assessment of Bridges, but I don't see what the point is if we're keeping Warren and Jackson. Consolidating assets to trade up to draft another wing, even one as good as Bridges, doesn't seem to improve the team significantly.
Thank you.

The only way it works is if we trade both

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

INFORMER wrote:
Shabazz wrote:I don't see how Mikal Bridges fails at the next level. He's really good. I'd package the MIA + MIL picks to grab him if we could.
I agree with your assessment of Bridges, but I don't see what the point is if we're keeping Warren and Jackson. Consolidating assets to trade up to draft another wing, even one as good as Bridges, doesn't seem to improve the team significantly.
Drafting the best player available probably is not going to happen this year.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Would you guys be up for creating a package of draft picks, Warren, and taking Parson's contract for Memphis pick? If the Suns pick #1 and Memphis has #2, it could be Ayton and Doncic.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I would. Why would Memphis do that?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:I would. Why would Memphis do that?
They need a scoring wing, multiple young players to infuse talent to the roster and desperately want to get out from under Parson's contract.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, I don't think Memphis does that. You don't give up the #2 pick to move two years of a terrible contract. But I'd gladly do it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
They need a scoring wing, multiple young players to infuse talent to the roster and desperately want to get out from under Parson's contract.
I read too quickly, in this scenario are we giving them Mia and Mil pick too?

I still don't think they do it, but that makes a little more sense. And yes, I'd still do it. A Booker/Doncic/Jackson/Ayton core is very nice!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
That doesn’t make any sense to me. They’d move a pick and an opportunity to draft a franchise player for the chance to draft some role players at 15 and 16? Sounds like wishful thinking from a Suns fan.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
That doesn’t make any sense to me. They’d move a pick and an opportunity to draft a franchise player for the chance to draft some role players at 15 and 16? Sounds like wishful thinking from a Suns fan.
I've read some posts by Memphis fans on realgm that said they would like something like that. They have a franchise center and pg, just need wing scoring and talent, but are also capped out because of Parsons

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I've read some posts by Memphis fans on realgm that said they would like something like that. They have a franchise center and pg, just need wing scoring and talent, but are also capped out because of Parsons
I think they'd have to love some prospects in that 15/16 range. Even then, they'd have to not believe in Doncic. I think a Conley/Doncic/Gasol core would be pretty good for Memphis. If they can keep Tyreke, they'll fight for the playoffs

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
I think they'd have to love some prospects in that 15/16 range. Even then, they'd have to not believe in Doncic. I think a Conley/Doncic/Gasol core would be pretty good for Memphis. If they can keep Tyreke, they'll fight for the playoffs
What would a Conley, Evans, Warren, Gasol, + cap space and #15, #16 do?

TOO

Post by TOO »

You'd have to swap Jackson and Warren for Memphis to consider that deal IMO.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:You'd have to swap Jackson and Warren for Memphis to consider that deal IMO.
Bahahahaaa, forget it then. That would be ridiculously high of a price to pay. Who the f wants Parsons' broken a$$ and crazy salary?

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:You'd have to swap Jackson and Warren for Memphis to consider that deal IMO.
Bahahahaaa, forget it then. That would be ridiculously high of a price to pay. Who the f wants Parsons' broken a$$ and crazy salary?
Yeah, you think that pick would come cheap? Warren is decent for what he is, but he doesn't have that sort of value. Middle 1sts and eating Parsons' deal is in no way worth giving up a potential franchise player.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote: They need a scoring wing, multiple young players to infuse talent to the roster and desperately want to get out from under Parson's contract.
I actually don't think they'd have space. Conley and Gasol have big deals. Warren is 12 million next year and they'd have to pay for Evans too.

But ya that team could fight for the playoffs but they wouldn't have much future once Gasol and Conley are done. And I think they'll be done sooner than later.

Doncic gives them a chance to fight for the playoffs now and gives them a building block for the future.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I just spent almost half hr catching up on like 10 Threads smh lol :oops: .

I always talking about this forum with couple of my bball buddies here. I remember they would ask me Why I still be on the forum in the off-season and I would say that I learn about CBA - cap space/contracts , draft picks and so on.
This Thread intrigues me the most because I don't know how y'all watch so much games and keep track of all these college players but I enjoy the insight and try to watch some of these players that are mentioned. So kudos to some of y'all real Bball heads on here and keep the info coming :) 8-)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Yeah, you think that pick would come cheap? Warren is decent for what he is, but he doesn't have that sort of value. Middle 1sts and eating Parsons' deal is in no way worth giving up a potential franchise player.
Cheap? Of course not, but the key word here is POTENTIAL

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
I actually don't think they'd have space. Conley and Gasol have big deals. Warren is 12 million next year and they'd have to pay for Evans too.

But ya that team could fight for the playoffs but they wouldn't have much future once Gasol and Conley are done. And I think they'll be done sooner than later.

Doncic gives them a chance to fight for the playoffs now and gives them a building block for the future.
Well that is where 15 & 16 come into play. Booker, Mitchell, Kobe, Nash, George, and Butler were all later picks. This draft is deep, they could get 2 building blocks.