2018 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Thread

Post by In2ition »

I wish Bender had that arc on his shot.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I wish he added more muscle without sacrificing quickness or agility. I have yet to see that the Suns strength coach is capable of building that in the young guys. I feel like he's too light in the backside to build up that lower body weight.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Let him grow naturally. Len bulked up too much and lost a lot of quickness and agility IMO.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:Let him grow naturally. Len bulked up too much and lost a lot of quickness and agility IMO.
It was so weird to see Len bulking up like that when they kept trying to play him away from the basket. You can't do both with a guy like Len.

"Hey, you have an advantage where you are pretty agile for a +7 footer coming out of college! Let's take that away! And since you aren't a great shooter for a +7 footer, let's play you from the free-throw line extended. Go get 'em!"

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The way Len moved coming out of college, I thought he definitely could've played some PF. Now he just lumbers and is too top heavy.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I was really against drafting him, but even I can admit the Suns really did a poor job of developing him. He still has the ability to a good starting center in the league.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I HATED the Len pick. Would have given that draft an F if I had been on the board that year. I thought we should have kept Gortat and drafted Caldwell-Pope. I thought Len was a sure bust because of his injury history, and because it's always obvious in college when a center can do it all. The draft hype made him sound like the next David Robinson (defense, rebounding and shot blocking, quickness, a face up game, shooting, passing). We hear about bigs who can do all that every year, and they almost never can. It's obvious when a big guy can really do all that, and he always goes #1.

As it turned out, Alex can't do all that. He doesn't see the game quickly and he isn't very coordinated. But he's not a bust. He's a lot better than I thought he would be. Somebody will get a deal on a decent center this summer.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

INFORMER wrote:I was really against drafting him, but even I can admit the Suns really did a poor job of developing him. He still has the ability to a good starting center in the league.
Agreed. Just not here. He will likely go somewhere else, have development people around him, and be a starting center that looks 5x better than he did here.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I didn't like the Len pick. Oladipo was my top guy in the draft, but he was gone. I wanted nerlens when our turn came to pick.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I would love to see Len on either the Spurs or the Celtics. I think he would be great on either of those teams. They would teach him how to play, and he'd be extremely effective.

carey

Post by carey »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I would love to see Len on either the Spurs or the Celtics. I think he would be great on either of those teams. They would teach him how to play, and he'd be extremely effective.
Nah.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

carey wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I would love to see Len on either the Spurs or the Celtics. I think he would be great on either of those teams. They would teach him how to play, and he'd be extremely effective.
Nah.
The illusions about Len are strong. When will they end? Can’t wait to never hear his name mentioned again. One of the most overrated scrubs the Suns have ever had

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Someone mentioned this earlier, but I wonder if the Knicks would be willing to trade their pick in this draft for a win-now guy. I keep thinking about doing Warren + something for Ntilikina + #9 + Noah.

They get out of a bad contract, and they get a 20 ppg scorer.
We get a pick and a prospect.

Maybe it works better if we act as an agent for them in free agency, sign and trading them someone they want. (Cousins?)

TOO

Post by TOO »

O_Gardino wrote:Someone mentioned this earlier, but I wonder if the Knicks would be willing to trade their pick in this draft for a win-now guy. I keep thinking about doing Warren + something for Ntilikina + #9 + Noah.

Maybe it works better if we act as an agent for them in free agency, sign and trading them someone they want. (Cousins?)
Can't see getting Frank and a top 10 pick for Warren. Even if they eat Noah's deal.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

A few mocks I’m seeing, including ESPN’s latest, have Miles Bridges slipping to Denver at #14. If he’s available there, he’s absolutely worth eating Faried’s salary for.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:25 am
A few mocks I’m seeing, including ESPN’s latest, have Miles Bridges slipping to Denver at #14. If he’s available there, he’s absolutely worth eating Faried’s salary for.
In the right situation, I think Miles would be fantastic. He sort of reminds me of a Iggy type. He could be a tremendous small ball 4

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:35 am
O_Gardino wrote:Someone mentioned this earlier, but I wonder if the Knicks would be willing to trade their pick in this draft for a win-now guy. I keep thinking about doing Warren + something for Ntilikina + #9 + Noah.

Can't see getting Frank and a top 10 pick for Warren. Even if they eat Noah's deal.
In order to dump Noah, I can see NYK giving up one of Frank or the pick, but not both. And if it was me, I would just bite the bullet and keep both assets.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:36 pm
The way Len moved coming out of college, I thought he definitely could've played some PF. Now he just lumbers and is too top heavy.
Absolutely. And for some time, he even looked he could develop a jumper. Those hands, though. And the robotic movement in the post. And the way he plays small bringing the ball from down low. Nah. Let's move on. Wish him well and a nice career RoLo style.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:51 am
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:35 am

In order to dump Noah, I can see NYK giving up one of Frank or the pick, but not both. And if it was me, I would just bite the bullet and keep both assets.
It depends on who the Knicks think they can get in free agency. If they get a star, it's totally worth the player and pick. Would you trade Frank + #9 for Cousins? I'm not saying it is going to for sure happen, but I do think it is possible. The Knicks are never shy about dumping long term assets to sign a big name free agent.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

One week until Ayton is a Sun.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.