2018 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Thread

Post by In2ition »

Say that the Suns get the 5th pick and Bagley is the one that falls to the Suns. I would trade everyone on the roster not named Booker, plus picks for Davis, even though I know it's a pipe dream at this point. Then go into the season with Booker, Bagley, and Davis with filler, thinking that one of the SFs would still be around. And a possible pg steal could happen with a FA or 2nd round pick.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In this pipe dream scenario, I would guess that the Pelicans would demand that our pick be the centerpiece of the deal

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, we're not getting Davis, but especially not if we don't include our own pick.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

When Grayson Allen gets drafted this year he will immediately become my least favorite player in the league

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I'm thinking more along the lines of keeping our pick and getting a lower tier of talent. Assume that in 6 years Booker / Jackson / and one of the PF's are ready to win it all, and between now and then they need a big brother to help them compete and learn to win. Maybe I should have said we need super-role players ala Horford in BOS.

Love, Conley, Aldrich, Lawry, etc. I won't sweat the details until this summer when we know where our pick falls and who on our team is making strides.

Just no more overstacking each position, then being upset when players ask to be traded.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

carey

Post by carey »

specialsauce wrote:When Grayson Allen gets drafted this year he will immediately become my least favorite player in the league
What's he up to tonight? Not more tripping shenanigans?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

No, nothing in particular. I began hating him when all that began, and I still can’t stand his smug look. Always has a look on his face like a bully who just got put in their place finally.

carey

Post by carey »

O_Gardino wrote:Just no more overstacking each position, then being upset when players ask to be traded.
I'm not convinced that Bender is more than a super role player. I'm not sure Chriss is more than a bench PF. Neither would stop me from drafting a PF if it were the best player available. Of course I want Doncic, Ayton or Bamba but I'll take one of the other big men too.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

specialsauce wrote:No, nothing in particular. I began hating him when all that began, and I still can’t stand his smug look. Always has a look on his face like a bully who just got put in their place finally.
Ah. Dude dropped 37 tonight with 7 3's.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:Just no more overstacking each position, then being upset when players ask to be traded.
I'm not convinced that Bender is more than a super role player. I'm not sure Chriss is more than a bench PF. Neither would stop me from drafting a PF if it were the best player available. Of course I want Doncic, Ayton or Bamba but I'll take one of the other big men too.
Absolutely. But if I draft a PF, I'm trading one of Bender / Chriss. In fact, I might trade one anyway, and let a vet fill up whatever minutes are left.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:When Grayson Allen gets drafted this year he will immediately become my least favorite player in the league
That's silly. He's a heck of a player. Very emotional, but a heck of a player. I hope he's on the Suns, heck of a teammate and shooter, which you always need.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Emotional is what you call it? I call it a horrible attitude worthy of an ass kicking

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:Emotional is what you call it? I call it a horrible attitude worthy of an ass kicking
Horrible attitude towards his teammates? Is he team killer?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Nah not to his teammates. Towards his opponents. Tripping them and then acting like it’s an accident. He gets caught and then does it again, hurting his team. He’s a little bitch.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:Nah not to his teammates. Towards his opponents. Tripping them and then acting like it’s an accident. He gets caught and then does it again, hurting his team. He’s a little bitch.
Sounds a lot like Danny Ainge when he played in the league.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

carey wrote:
What's he up to tonight? Not more tripping shenanigans?
That guy reminds me of Danny Ainge, the player.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:Nah not to his teammates. Towards his opponents. Tripping them and then acting like it’s an accident. He gets caught and then does it again, hurting his team. He’s a little bitch.
Sounds a lot like Danny Ainge when he played in the league.
Ha. I wrote my reply and then saw yours. Great minds.. . . .

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Greyson Allen will likely be drafted, but he's a 7th-8th man at best on a decent team.

Whenever you see him play well this year remember that he's at least 2-3 years older than basically everyone else on the court.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Greyson Allen will likely be drafted, but he's a 7th-8th man at best on a decent team.

Whenever you see him play well this year remember that he's at least 2-3 years older than basically everyone else on the court.
IMO, the age advantage is greatly overblown regarding NBA prospects, especially with guards.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:Greyson Allen will likely be drafted, but he's a 7th-8th man at best on a decent team.

IMO, the age advantage is greatly overblown regarding NBA prospects, especially with guards.
You think so? We've had a number of guard prospects over the years break out as upperclassmen who have struggled in the NBA (Kris Dunn, buddy hield, jimmer) Was there college success more to do with their advanced age or did they actually improve. Their NBA struggles would lean towards their advanced age being the culprit.

Grayson may be different. He showed promise as a freshman and had a pretty good sophomore year as well. He's not necessarily a late bloomer. I don't really have much interest though.