2018 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:The problem with those East teams is that they can be worse than us and still win more games than us by virtue of playing more games against bad teams in the East. It's why I think we'll end up being bottom 3.
Very possible. We could also clean up against the East. If we win 17 or 18 games against the East, we could be around 30 for the season.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
carey wrote:The problem with those East teams is that they can be worse than us and still win more games than us by virtue of playing more games against bad teams in the East. It's why I think we'll end up being bottom 3.
Very possible. We could also clean up against the East. If we win 17 or 18 games against the East, we could be around 30 for the season.
The Suns play 30 games against the East, 17-18 might be possible. The East is a dumpster fire.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Just looked at some of those rosters. Hawks are gonna be terrible.
I'm not even sure what they start. Schroeder/bellinelli/bazemore/ilyasova/Dedmon? Delaney, bembry, prince and Collins are their bench.

Brooklyn should be really bad too, but no incentive to tank might get them a few extra wins. Probably go Russell/Lin/RHJ/Booker/Mozgov? Maybe they start Allen.

Chicago probably runs out a Dunn/Lavine/Mirotic/Markkanen/Lopez lineup. I'm assuming they move Wade.

Orlando at least has some talent in Payton/Fournier/Isaac/Gordon/Vucevic and augustin/Ross/biyombo off the bench.

Indiana will go collison/oladipo/Stephenson/young/Turner. Not great, but good enough to feast on the crappy teams below them.

Knicks need a PG but right now they probably go Hardaway/Melo/KP/Noah at 2-5. Gotta imagine Melo will be gone though.

Detroit doesn't look good, but they'll be better than these other teams. Jackson/Bradley/Harris/leuer/Drummond.

Suns in the East might be better than all these teams.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

I think the Kings are the only team that can challenge us for last place in the west. I guess Lakers play better this year because they need to win as much as possible for the free agency, they don't have a pick anyway. Plus, they added Lopez who is good and Lonzo. I'd say Brooklyn is the only team clearly worse than us, maybe Philly if they suffer from injuries. Atlanta and Orlando I have no idea what they will look like.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Hermen wrote:I think the Kings are the only team that can challenge us for last place in the west. I guess Lakers play better this year because they need to win as much as possible for the free agency, they don't have a pick anyway. Plus, they added Lopez who is good and Lonzo. I'd say Brooklyn is the only team clearly worse than us, maybe Philly if they suffer from injuries. Atlanta and Orlando I have no idea what they will look like.
As crazy as it is, I think the Kings are having a sneaky good offseason. They signed some nice vets to mentor the young guys, and I think George Hill is going to keep playing well. I think they're going to be much improved over last season.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hermen wrote:I think the Kings are the only team that can challenge us for last place in the west. I guess Lakers play better this year because they need to win as much as possible for the free agency, they don't have a pick anyway. Plus, they added Lopez who is good and Lonzo. I'd say Brooklyn is the only team clearly worse than us, maybe Philly if they suffer from injuries. Atlanta and Orlando I have no idea what they will look like.
If Philly stays healthy, they'll be a playoff team. Fultz/Reddick/Covington/Simmons/Embiid with McConnell/Luwawu/saric/Holmes/okafor off the bench. I guess Atlanta could still add pieces, but they're clearly worse than us right now. Chicago is too

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Split T wrote:
If Philly stays healthy, they'll be a playoff team. Fultz/Reddick/Covington/Simmons/Embiid with McConnell/Luwawu/saric/Holmes/okafor off the bench. I guess Atlanta could still add pieces, but they're clearly worse than us right now. Chicago is too
I agree about Philly but that's a big if. Forgot about Chicago, they also look messy.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

wpmiller42 wrote:
As crazy as it is, I think the Kings are having a sneaky good offseason. They signed some nice vets to mentor the young guys, and I think George Hill is going to keep playing well. I think they're going to be much improved over last season.
I like most of what they did. But in the West I guess only Dallas, Lakers, Kings and us don't count on making the playoffs, Dallas will try either way and the Lakers have nothing to gain being bad. So while both us and the Kings may be better than last year, I expect we will be content getting another high pick. It looks like the playoff race will be a bloodbath, kind of like the east this year, just with better teams :)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I agree with most of you guys about which teams will be bad / worse than us. I think we're likely to be down in the 13th in the West range, but we'll probably be better than 6-8 East teams because that conference is so bad, so we'll end up with the #8-10 pick or so.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Doncic is a true wonder kid in Europe, but his athletic profile is limited. If you draft him with a top pick, thinking that you are getting a potential franchise player you probably are going to be let down. There is a ton to like, though. No apparent flaw to his game overall.

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:http://www.draftexpress.com/article/the ... -era-6070/

Draft express is now ESPN
They basically replaced Ford with Givony which is a huge upgrade. However, I enjoyed getting opinions outside of the world wide leader.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You can tell Doncic doesn't have the freaky athleticism of most top prospects. In a way, he reminds me of a hybrid of Bird and Magic. Neither one were super athletic, but both had unreal feel for the game and were tall.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:

They basically replaced Ford with Givony which is a huge upgrade. However, I enjoyed getting opinions outside of the world wide leader.
I have never thought of Ford as a top tier talent.

carey

Post by carey »

Ugh. I think Givony is going to be behind the paywall at ESPN like Ford was. That pisses me off.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

DX is going Insider? That sux!

Split T

Post by Split T »

I've got insider, I'm willing to share some stuff from time to time. Just don't want to do anything that might get the site in trouble

carey

Post by carey »

I don't like ESPN restricting content that was once freely available for $$. Especially since I still pay for ESPN through cable.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

:(
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan