2018 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Thread

Post by carey »

Hmm. That's lower back in the lumbar region. L3 & 4 is where my breaks were from my car accident. Not good for a basketball player. That said, I'm not quite sure what a microdiscectomy is.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Especially with the star potential at the top of this draft. Can't see anyone taking Porter over Ayton, Bagley, Bamba, or Doncic now. Robert Williams and jaren Jackson look real good now too.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

He should still come out. If he goes back to school next year and struggles, it will cost him even more. Interesting draft. Lots of pieces in motion.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Just came on to post this, he was the one out of the group who I had actually watched the most vids on. that's tough though
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

What are people's thoughts on Collin Sexton? I haven't looked much into him, but he's a crazy athlete. Is he a PG? Can he shoot? He's 5/9 from 3 through 2 games for bama so far. I'll keep an eye on him with that Miami pick.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/933063633319456768

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Bridges, Knox, Carter, Sexton, Duval and others are popping up. It should be a pretty deep and tall draft.

I'm almost wondering if Porter Jr. falls to the Miami pick, and if the Suns would take a chance on him there.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

bajanguy008 wrote:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/933063633319456768

Interesting. Well, if it's not a big deal...
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:What are people's thoughts on Collin Sexton? I haven't looked much into him, but he's a crazy athlete. Is he a PG? Can he shoot? He's 5/9 from 3 through 2 games for bama so far. I'll keep an eye on him with that Miami pick.
He's going to be your standard shoot-first PG in the NBA. It looks like he can handle it and shoot it fairly well. He's averaging 24 points on like 70% from the field but it's only been 3 games.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
Split T wrote:What are people's thoughts on Collin Sexton? I haven't looked much into him, but he's a crazy athlete. Is he a PG? Can he shoot? He's 5/9 from 3 through 2 games for bama so far. I'll keep an eye on him with that Miami pick.
He's going to be your standard shoot-first PG in the NBA. It looks like he can handle it and shoot it fairly well. He's averaging 24 points on like 70% from the field but it's only been 3 games.
He's pretty similar to DSJ, I think Sexton will defend it a little better, but overall I think they have a similar profile.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Split T

Post by Split T »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
carey wrote:
He's pretty similar to DSJ, I think Sexton will defend it a little better, but overall I think they have a similar profile.
Doesn't sound like the ideal backcourt pairing for Booker, but a talent worth keeping an eye on.

What do we all think is the ideal PG to play with Booker?

I want someone who can defend both guard spots, shoots the 3 really well and he doesn't need to be a go to scorer, but I want him to be able to create his own shot and be a good passer. I'm thinking pistons era Chauncey billups. Anyone like that out there?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
carey wrote:
Doesn't sound like the ideal backcourt pairing for Booker, but a talent worth keeping an eye on.

What do we all think is the ideal PG to play with Booker?

I want someone who can defend both guard spots, shoots the 3 really well and he doesn't need to be a go to scorer, but I want him to be able to create his own shot and be a good passer. I'm thinking pistons era Chauncey billups. Anyone like that out there?
Those aren't a thing anymore. All PGs nowadays are score 1st.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Split T

Post by Split T »

A lot are, but not all. This last draft had 5 pgs in the top 9. 3 are score first (Fultz, fox, Smith) and 2 are more traditional (Ntilikina and ball) Ntilikina could be a bigger Chauncey if he reaches his potential.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Watching Robert Williams right now. He's big and athletic and runs the floor well. Looks capable in the post and even hit the open man a few times. I like him if we're not top 3

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:Watching Robert Williams right now. He's big and athletic and runs the floor well. Looks capable in the post and even hit the open man a few times. I like him if we're not top 3
I like him a lot. I wanted him last year but he went back to school.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

We need a list of the SHOCKING players. The player that have some part of their game that is just well shocking.

1. With Markennen it was that shooting for a big man.
2. For Porzingis, it was that shooting and mobility for his size.
3. For Booker, he was the sweetest shooter in the draft.

Those are the players we ought to take notice of first. Thinks like

1. Ayton with that shocking size, mobility, and power.
2. Bamba is that incredible length.
3. Doncic its that well rounded skill set in a player his size, and his ability to dominate with such older players.
4. Tacko Fall (yes) the biggest player on the planet. He might not turn into anything helpful, but you have to notice.

That is not intended to be a draft order or anything. Just four examples.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I've been starting my dive into next year's draft prospects. First impressions:

Luka Doncic: Wow! This guy is so talented offensively. He shoots with range, handles the ball, is a next level passer, and can go down into the post. He's not a 1 on 1 guy on the perimeter and he might need to adjust to nba length, but I'm a big fan. If he's an average defender, he's still probably a star. I think he's #1 on my early board.

Marvin Bagley: More athletic than I thought, less skilled than I thought. He flashes a handle and a jump shot, but both need work. Might have the highest ceiling in the draft though. Some of his highlight reels look similar to KG in highschool.

Mo Bamba: Holy crap is he long! Guy will be a defensive presence for sure. To be determined on offense, but I'm intrigued. Side note, we may get to see a Duke-Texas, Bagley-Bamba matchup this week.

Collin Sexton - Crazy handles, crazy athletic. Looks like a longer Kemba with more hops. Is his jump shot for real? Will he defend at the NBA level? Not a great playmaker now, but he looks like a very skilled scoring PG.

Nickeil alexander-walker - very intrigued right now. 6'5 PG with 6'9 wingspan who can play in the pick and roll and shows some playmaking chops. Has a good stroke as well. He's on my list for the Miami/Milwaukee picks.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm not that impressed with Mo Bamba. He has an ideal frame that he'll likely grow into, but he's very raw in every aspect of the game. He reminds me a lot of Nerlens Noel.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Thanks, Mobamba.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Thanks, Mobamba.
Mobamba, mo' money.
"Be Legendary."