2018 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Shabazz »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Saer Sene had a 7'8 1/2 wingspan. Just saying (and not knocking on those who like/want him).
We offered 3 first round picks to Seattle so we could draft Sene and were turned down. What a disaster that would have been.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Were they the draft picks we gave them anyways to take Kurt Thomas off our hands

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We were handing out draft picks like candy back then. I firmly believe we would have a title from the 2000s if we had just taken care of our draft assets better. Depth and lack of upcoming young talent really hurt us into the late 2000s Nash era.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:We were handing out draft picks like candy back then. I firmly believe we would have a title from the 2000s if we had just taken care of our draft assets better. Depth and lack of upcoming young talent really hurt us into the late 2000s Nash era.
The Spurs organization we were not.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:We were handing out draft picks like candy back then. I firmly believe we would have a title from the 2000s if we had just taken care of our draft assets better. Depth and lack of upcoming young talent really hurt us into the late 2000s Nash era.
The Spurs organization we were not.
Yeah, they had the arrogance to turn our noses up at the Spurs and think they were better.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Shabazz wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:Saer Sene had a 7'8 1/2 wingspan. Just saying (and not knocking on those who like/want him).
We offered 3 first round picks to Seattle so we could draft Sene and were turned down. What a disaster that would have been.
If memory serves me right, it was Thabo who we were after. The Sonics rejected the offer because they were in love with Sene's physical profile.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Well. I have been watching Trae Young more. He is starting to win me over. His favorite player of all time is Steve Nash. He has that same ability to play unselfishly and yet take his own shot without hesitation. He is like Steve in that he is fast, but not the fastest guy on the court. His defense is pretty bad. But the thing that impresses me most about Young is that he always seems to play under control. His range is really good, which opens the court for him and others.

I really want a bigger pg though.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

JCSunsfan wrote:Well. I have been watching Trae Young more. He is starting to win me over. His favorite player of all time is Steve Nash. He has that same ability to play unselfishly and yet take his own shot without hesitation. He is like Steve in that he is fast, but not the fastest guy on the court. His defense is pretty bad. But the thing that impresses me most about Young is that he always seems to play under control. His range is really good, which opens the court for him and others.

I really want a bigger pg though.
He just keeps hitting those shots at an incredible rate. And he keeps his dribble until he is ready to do something with the ball. I can't tell you how much I miss having a guy who doesn't hesitate before he shoots and who knows how to probe the defense and find an opening. And, guys, he makes his free throws. He is winning me over, too.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm all about Trae Young.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I really like Trae Young, just not as a top 5 pick.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:I'm all about Trae Young.
You really like small guys with big games.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Well, we already have too many big guys with small games.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I apologize if this has already been posted:

[youtube][/youtube]
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This draft is getting ridiculous. I thought last years was deep and talented, but people are falling in this draft that might have been the #1 pick in the last draft.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

In2ition wrote:This draft is getting ridiculous. I thought last years was deep and talented, but people are falling in this draft that might have been the #1 pick in the last draft.
Well. We have an embarrassment of riches then. These are the picks we have with my projections of where they might fall.

1. Our own first round pick. 1-8
2. Miami first round pick. Probably in the 13-18 range
3. Milwaukee first round pick. 14-16 or not conveyed.
4. Our own second round pick. 33-37
5. Worst of the Memphis/Charlotte second rounders. 35-39
6. Milwaukee second round pick. 45-50
7. Toronto second round pick. 54-57

So, lets take a team that needs to rebuild. What would they be willing to give up a first round pick and two early second rounders in a very deep draft? Would NJ, for instance, be willing to give up a pg? Players are going to fall in this draft. We just can't use all those picks. We do not want to wait so long that we have a fire sale.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:I apologize if this has already been posted:

[youtube][/youtube]
LOL. That's our very own Sonny Weems in the first highlight.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

O_Gardino wrote:
Superbone wrote:I apologize if this has already been posted:

[youtube][/youtube]
LOL. That's our very own Sonny Weems in the first highlight.
I had noticed that. It is hard to believe that this Doncic kid is 18.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Doncic Kong Country.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Trae Young becomes the first player in 20 yrs to record at least 20 pts and 20 assists in a single game with 26 & 21.

carey

Re: RE: Re: 2018 NBA Draft Thread

Post by carey »

In2ition wrote:Trae Young becomes the first player in 20 yrs to record at least 20 pts and 20 assists in a single game with 26 & 21.
He isn't awful. Plays under control. Decent first step but not overwhelming speed. Will need to rely on change of speeds at the next level. Can shoot it. Good pick in the 5-10 range. Ahead of Sexton for now.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!