Kyrie Irving Trade Countdown

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Kyrie Irving Trade Countdown

Post by O_Gardino »

I would love to save the day and get a pick out of it.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Indy wrote:Oh I know he is capable of it. I just doubt if he is willing to do it. It takes a lot of conditioning to keep that up for a quarter, much less an entire season and playoffs.
Interesting fact: Sacramento has twice played at the fastest pace in the NBA while cousins was on the team and only once were they not in the top 10.
Have you seen him run all game if the ball wasn't in his hands? that is what I meant. If he is on the team, he will not be the primary ball handler. But I completely agree with you that we would have better ball movement with him at the 5 than anything we have had over the last few years.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Oh, and if we can figure out a way to get Cousins without blowing our cap space for the 3 consecutive years of extensions for Booker, Chriss/Bender, and Jackson, that would be great. Not sure we can, though.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Split T wrote:
Indy wrote:Oh I know he is capable of it. I just doubt if he is willing to do it. It takes a lot of conditioning to keep that up for a quarter, much less an entire season and playoffs.
Interesting fact: Sacramento has twice played at the fastest pace in the NBA while cousins was on the team and only once were they not in the top 10.
Have you seen him run all game if the ball wasn't in his hands? that is what I meant. If he is on the team, he will not be the primary ball handler. But I completely agree with you that we would have better ball movement with him at the 5 than anything we have had over the last few years.
Fair point. Will be interesting to see how this pelicans season goes. See how motivated he stays with AD taking a lot of touches from him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow. I wonder if the trade will fall apart. That would be soooooo awkward.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wow. I wonder if the trade will fall apart. That would be soooooo awkward.
Hey, remember when Sean Elliot failed a physical that voided a trade and... oh, never mind.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Both teams are in an equal bind. Neither want to deal with the player that they've "traded". I don't see Ainge upping the agreed upon deal.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729 ... ving-trade

If I were Ainge, I would tell Altman where he can stick it. This would probably open up the availability for other teams to get an offer in. Unfortunately, someone will cave into their demands.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Does this mean IT is really that damaged? A lot of folks were surprised that Boston would trade him, but if the Cavs aren't thrilled with hip, that might mean IT is going to look like Rose next season.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If they rescind the trade, the Boston Globe should run the headline:

"IT and Celts: Attached at the Hip"

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:If they rescind the trade, the Boston Globe should run the headline:

"IT and Celts: Attached at the Hip"
More like detached.

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/903081117758185472

Way to hold out Cleveland. :lol:
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

carey wrote:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/903081117758185472

Way to hold out Cleveland. :lol:
But,but, but... they got an extra asset!!! :lol:

And it will be even funnier if Isaiah fails to deliver or at least stay healthy. Many people says that there is 150 millions reasons to do it, but both the human body and psique have limits. And we know IT is not a physical beast, but an overachiever that requires both elements working at his best, and that's still not counting the "Brad Stevens" effect. I think he will go back to earth next year and become something around what we saw here.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Is it just what I am reading around the league, or are other people seeing that it seems IT was just a throw in for fan support, and the trade really was for the pick and Crowder, with Zizic as sweetener.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Well, CLE still needs to win next year. But in the long run, the pick will be the best thing they get.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:Is it just what I am reading around the league, or are other people seeing that it seems IT was just a throw in for fan support, and the trade really was for the pick and Crowder, with Zizic as sweetener.
That sounds overly cynical to me. Thomas is still a very talented NBA PG who just had an amazing season. While I have doubts about some aspects of his game, he really kicked ass for Boston last year. And his contract is quite reasonable this year. He's a great asset to acquire for Cleveland. They can either keep/re-sign him and make him one of their stars for the future, or they can search for another team to trade for him and get even more assets. He's way more than a "throw-in." People saying things like that have drunk too much Hinkie Kool-Aid.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It is well known that his hip is a big concern, and he likely won't be full strength this year (last year of his contract).

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:It is well known that his hip is a big concern, and he likely won't be full strength this year (last year of his contract).
I wouldn't say well known, more like widely assumed

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:
Indy wrote:It is well known that his hip is a big concern, and he likely won't be full strength this year (last year of his contract).
I wouldn't say well known, more like widely assumed
Well, it was a big enough concern to get the Cavs a 2020 second-rounder from Boston. So... probably not very big.