Kyrie Irving Trade Countdown

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Vladimir_Taltos

Kyrie Irving Trade Countdown

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Well, since I think this is going to be the epicenter of trade events for the Summer...and for reasons to be stated...I think this one deserves focus, so I'm putting it up as its own thread. Note the first trade in the list of potentials in the article below. Bottom line would be Bledsoe out (yay!) and Murray (Nuggets) and a pick. Not sure exactly what I think...but that's one option on the table.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/9-b ... spartandhp

Vladimir_Taltos

Re: Kyrie Irving Trade Countdown

Vladimir_Taltos

Vladimir_Taltos

Split T

Post by Split T »

Vladimir_Taltos wrote:Well, since I think this is going to be the epicenter of trade events for the Summer...and for reasons to be stated...I think this one deserves focus, so I'm putting it up as its own thread. Note the first trade in the list of potentials in the article below. Bottom line would be Bledsoe out (yay!) and Murray (Nuggets) and a pick. Not sure exactly what I think...but that's one option on the table.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/9-b ... spartandhp
Some pretty ridiculous trade proposals in that article. They had to be joking on some of them. One had us giving up Brandon Knight and Tyler Ulis for Khris Middleton and Jabari Parker.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It's funny because when I think about it, Brandon Knight kinda reminds me of a poo man's Kyrie.

Split T

Post by Split T »

https://theringer.com/phoenix-suns-pote ... 51bd0f0ad7

Here's a good one.
For the first time in years, the Suns can see the light at the end of the tunnel. There are better landing spots for Kyrie Irving if he wants to win right away, but he already has that in Cleveland. If he wants to be on the ground floor of something special, he should ask for a trade to Phoenix.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:It's funny because when I think about it, Brandon Knight kinda reminds me of a poo man's Kyrie.
Yep, Kyrie is what Knight would like to be

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
ShelC wrote:It's funny because when I think about it, Brandon Knight kinda reminds me of a poo man's Kyrie.
Yep, Kyrie is what Knight would like to be
That's the alure of Knight. HE plays like a Kyrie or a Curry, except he doesn't make his shots and his passes are off. He can actually be a better defender than either of them when he's not trying to block DeAndre Jordan.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Not sure if it's intentional, but that's an amazing typo.

Poo man < Poor Man < Man
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

ESPN says Suns would trade Eric Bledsoe and 2017 first-round draft pick Josh

i had half-heartedly suggested a bled + 4th pick for kyrie before the draft but withdraw my half
bled is only 2 years older than kyrie
and we'd be losing our 2 best defensive players for a below average defender on a team with way below average defense

i love kyrie's game. for the past 3 years he heroically willed the cavs to wins in the playoffs when they were running out of steam
but it's too much to give up

besides, i honestly have a problem with a guy who believes the earth is flat
i know IQ and basketball IQ are not the same thing
i thought kidd was a little dense off the court
but this earth flat thing haunts me

Split T

Post by Split T »

I'm pretty sure the flat earth thing was a joke

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

Split T wrote:I'm pretty sure the flat earth thing was a joke
It wasn't. Unfortunately.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

So, who is Kyrie? Is he the James Harden player who would blossom as a facilitator in addition to his scoring once out of LeBron's shadow. Or is he the ultimate selfish player that will shoot his new team into oblivion and the locker room into disaster?

None of us were in that Cavaliers locker room. None of us were on the court with him to know if we would have been frustrated by his hero ball play. But our new team VP was. James Jones was in that locker room. James Jones was on the floor, and he is a pretty smart basketball player. I would think that he would know if Kyrie is a good add for this team or not. I am so glad he is on our management team right now. His insight is essential.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

I do not want to part with Josh Jackson. I'll give up one of the Miami picks, Bledsoe, and TJ Warren/Chriss but no Josh Jackson. I really like that 3 way trade where NY gets Kyrie and we get Frank.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Thanks for making a thread for this. It deserves its own thread. Here's what I said in the other thread about the idea of the trade:

I would trade Bledsoe, Jackson, and a pick for Kyrie. I look at it this way. Bledsoe is not part of our future. Giving him up is almost zero loss for us, especially since we get his replacement back. The pick, I would insist that it not be our own pick, but maybe the Miami 1st rounder. I can live with that.

Jackson is the most difficult asset to part with. But the guy can't shoot. He's probably Andre Iguodala in a very, very best case scenario. Would you trade Bledsoe and Andre Iguodala for Kyrie? I think you should. He's probably a top-10 player in the NBA, an exceptional scorer and a much better shooter than Bledsoe. I agree that he isn't a pass-first PG, but I don't think he is as selfish as some are saying. His assists are down a bit because he plays with Lebron and the Cavs run most of their offense through Lebron.

Trading Bledsoe, Jackson, and a so-so 1st round pick for Kyrie is the classic "dollar for three quarters" trade. All of those pieces combined won't be as good as Kyrie Irving is going to be. If we are attached to that 1st round pick and don't want to part with it, we could try to make it Bledsoe-Jackson-Chriss-2nd rounder instead. That might be easier to stomach.

carey

Post by carey »

I only seriously consider it if I know Kyrie locks in to an additional 3 years afyer the 2 he has remaining. You need him for at least 5 years. Still Kyrie & Booker don't make the best pairing. Warren & Bender would need to become elite defenders to even be decent.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

I really don't want to trade Jackson, but I'd only be a little upset. We'd still be getting the best player in the trade. Kyrie is a star, he and Booker would be devastating on offense. And one thing I've learned is that the way the NBA is now, the first star is the hardest one to get. It'd be much easier to add another star if we have Kyrie on the roster.

Cleveland probably wants Bled/Jackson/Our 2018 1st. We probably offered Bled/Warren/Miami 1st. My guess is we'll have to compromise on one of those. I'd hold out on keeping Jackson and see if the Cavs cave. If they don't and we still make the trade, I'd insist on dumping Knight. So bled/Jackson/Knight/miami 1st for Kyrie/Frye.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Thanks for making a thread for this. It deserves its own thread. Here's what I said in the other thread about the idea of the trade:

I would trade Bledsoe, Jackson, and a pick for Kyrie. I look at it this way. Bledsoe is not part of our future. Giving him up is almost zero loss for us, especially since we get his replacement back. The pick, I would insist that it not be our own pick, but maybe the Miami 1st rounder. I can live with that.

Jackson is the most difficult asset to part with. But the guy can't shoot. He's probably Andre Iguodala in a very, very best case scenario. Would you trade Bledsoe and Andre Iguodala for Kyrie? I think you should. He's probably a top-10 player in the NBA, an exceptional scorer and a much better shooter than Bledsoe. I agree that he isn't a pass-first PG, but I don't think he is as selfish as some are saying. His assists are down a bit because he plays with Lebron and the Cavs run most of their offense through Lebron.

Trading Bledsoe, Jackson, and a so-so 1st round pick for Kyrie is the classic "dollar for three quarters" trade. All of those pieces combined won't be as good as Kyrie Irving is going to be. If we are attached to that 1st round pick and don't want to part with it, we could try to make it Bledsoe-Jackson-Chriss-2nd rounder instead. That might be easier to stomach.
I would trade one of Chriss, Bender, Warren before I would part with Josh Jackson. This team needs that defense to build in the future. I know everyone says he can't shoot. But his shot goes in. I don't think anyone else can match what we can offer anyway. Patience. Oh, and if James Jones says don't do it. Don't do it.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

If the cost of Kyrie is JJ, I would pass.
Still prefer being the 3rd team in the trade