Kyrie Irving Trade Countdown

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AbeVroman

Re: Kyrie Irving Trade Countdown

Post by AbeVroman »

Again didn't see this one posted and seems relevant to this thread. This one gives me some pause, as this seems like checking out on teammates and that ain't cool.
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-kyrie-i ... 48732.html

Anyway, the longer this drags out the more likely I think it is that we're in the conversation. Just my feeling.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AbeVroman wrote:Again didn't see this one posted and seems relevant to this thread. This one gives me some pause, as this seems like checking out on teammates and that ain't cool.

Anyway, the longer this drags out the more likely I think it is that we're in the conversation. Just my feeling.
Bledsoe, Dudley and 2 2nd rounders
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
AbeVroman wrote:Again didn't see this one posted and seems relevant to this thread. This one gives me some pause, as this seems like checking out on teammates and that ain't cool.

:lol: Getting weaker and weaker the longer you hold out, Cavs!
"Be Legendary."

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:

at this point, that's all i'd offer
tired of lebron's shadow is one thing. disconnecting with the team in the playoffs is another
when i recall his heroics in those playoffs, he was pretty much doing it on his own

and since i just heard he's already one of the top shot takers in the league, it's less likely he improves without lebron

let him go overseas if he's going to be a prim-a-dona, that is, if he isn't afraid of falling off the flat earth

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Next week we'll find out he left a duece in LeBron and Love's lockers.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:

The offer keeps going down the longer they wait

Cap

Post by Cap »

iLLmatic wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:

The offer keeps going down the longer they wait
So does my level of interest, and I suspect I'm not alone.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So, the offer that they aren't willing to take goes down the longer they wait?

Yeah, sounds like a trade will happen any day now.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:So, the offer that they aren't willing to take goes down the longer they wait?
The offers from the posters at phx-suns.net, yes. What's going on with the people who matter, we don't know.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:So, the offer that they aren't willing to take goes down the longer they wait?

Yeah, sounds like a trade will happen any day now.
Isn't that what the Pelicans did to the Kings in the Cousins deal? Didn't the Pels originally offer more draft picks or something and the Kings walked away. When the Kings came back, the Pels weren't willing to give up as much.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yep. Pelicans originally offered two firsts, switched one for a second

Indy

Post by Indy »

The more that comes out about how he doesn't want to be there, the less power the Cavs have. I think the only way the value goes up is if there is a specific team that needs him during the season (key player goes down to injury, team out-performs and realizes they are 1 piece away).

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

I think this stuff about Kyrie is getting WAY overblown. If he totally blew off his teammates during the playoffs, the Suns would not be making an offer at all.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

JCSunsfan wrote:I think this stuff about Kyrie is getting WAY overblown. If he totally blew off his teammates during the playoffs, the Suns would not be making an offer at all.
Many of his teammates played like shit in the finals. It's ok with me if Kyrie was pissed at them.

To me, it just points to what you get with Kyrie - a great clutch scorer who doesn't do much else. That's ok if you don't give up too much for him and don't expect him to elevate your team. He's a guy who can win you games in the finals, but he's not a guy who can get the team to the finals.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

O_Gardino wrote: Many of his teammates played like s*** in the finals. It's ok with me if Kyrie was pissed at them.
i agree most of his teammates were offensively weak, but it still indicates emotional and intellectual immaturity to give them the silent treatment when the only thing that could help at that critical time in the playoffs is better communication, not less.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

1tinsoldier wrote:
O_Gardino wrote: Many of his teammates played like s*** in the finals. It's ok with me if Kyrie was pissed at them.
i agree most of his teammates were offensively weak, but it still indicates emotional and intellectual immaturity to give them the silent treatment when the only thing that could help at that critical time in the playoffs is better communication, not less.
Agreed. That's what I meant with the rest of my post. He's not a natural leader, and isn't going to elevate the team through his presence in the locker room.

Still, he's only 25 and that's pretty young to be talking about great communication skills. I don't think he's terrible. I work with plenty of folks of all ages whose first response to adversity is to think that they have to do it all themselves. And the coaching staff should be setting the tone for this kind of stuff. I'm not going to hold it against Kyrie.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The article says he wasn't talking to one teammate, not giving the entire team the silent treatment. To me that says there's something else there, maybe personal or maybe he was pissed about something that happened in a game. Without knowing which teammate or why, I think that's kind of a BS story.

Cap

Post by Cap »

The more I think about it, the less impressed I am by what a Kyrie trade would do for us, and the more impressed I am by what Bledsoe would do for Cleveland (and what Cleveland would do for Bledsoe). I think Bledsoe is the Cavs' best chance to win the championship next year, and their best chance to retain LeBron after next year.

Bledsoe for Irving, straight up. Take it or leave it. They need the trade, we don't.

BTW, I suspect Bledsoe would love to be traded to Cleveland, but no leaks or drama out of his camp. Ever since we got rid of Keef, our players have been great about acting professionally.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:The more I think about it, the less impressed I am by what a Kyrie trade would do for us, and the more impressed I am by what Bledsoe would do for Cleveland (and what Cleveland would do for Bledsoe). I think Bledsoe is the Cavs' best chance to win the championship next year, and their best chance to retain LeBron after next year.

Bledsoe for Irving, straight up. Take it or leave it. They need the trade, we don't.

BTW, I suspect Bledsoe would love to be traded to Cleveland, but no leaks or drama out of his camp. Ever since we got rid of Keef, our players have been great about acting professionally.
Bledsoe has been incredibly professional for us the entire time he has been here. He really has been the model guy the org wanted.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Indy wrote:
Cap wrote:The more I think about it, the less impressed I am by what a Kyrie trade would do for us, and the more impressed I am by what Bledsoe would do for Cleveland (and what Cleveland would do for Bledsoe). I think Bledsoe is the Cavs' best chance to win the championship next year, and their best chance to retain LeBron after next year.

Bledsoe has been incredibly professional for us the entire time he has been here. He really has been the model guy the org wanted.
I think Bledsoe is fine either way with a trade. He likes it here and would love to stay here. But he would also like to go for a championship with LeBron. To him its win-win.