TJ Warren gets 4yrs/50 mill

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: TJ Warren gets 4yrs/50 mill

Post by Superbone »

The scorpion always stings.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/sbordow/status/912737382943776769

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:

Bordow is such a Debbie Downer. Are we sure he doesn't post on here as Wormwood?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:

Assuming we don't make any further moves. I think there is a decent chance guys like Tyson, Dudley, or knight are moved. In knights case, he might be stretch provisioned

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

He is right, though. That's one of the first things that crossed my mind as well. We have to move two of Bledsoe, Dudley and Chandler if we want to be FA players. Btw, at what point does stretching Knight does not sound like crazy talk?

Edit: Split beat me to it.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

He's not exactly right. Warren would have had a $9.5M cap hold, so unless we were planning on renouncing his rights next summer this only impacts us by about $2.5M. It does take away that option, though.

carey

Re: RE: Re: TJ Warren gets 4yrs/50 mill

Post by carey »

Ring_Wanted wrote: Btw, at what point does stretching Knight does not sound like crazy talk?
After '18-'19. I wouldn't stretch him with 2 yrs $30M left. That is $6M a year for 5 seasons. Sticks around too long.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote: Btw, at what point does stretching Knight does not sound like crazy talk?
After '18-'19. I wouldn't stretch him with 2 yrs $30M left. That is $6M a year for 5 seasons. Sticks around too long.

I think it just depends on situation. If we're 7 million short of offering a max contract and we have a guy who is ready to sign, we wouldn't hesitate to stretch Knight to create the space. I think that situation is pretty unlikely though. Cousins is the only max level FA who might consider us. After next year, finding someone willing to take knight at 2/30 will be a little easier. Although coming off injury won't help.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Shumpert and Frye for Knight + Millsap?

I have this unreasonable fantasy that someone will take him just to save money in the short term.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:
carey wrote:

I think it just depends on situation. If we're 7 million short of offering a max contract and we have a guy who is ready to sign, we wouldn't hesitate to stretch Knight to create the space. I think that situation is pretty unlikely though. Cousins is the only max level FA who might consider us. After next year, finding someone willing to take knight at 2/30 will be a little easier. Although coming off injury won't help.
Agreed on all accounts Split. Such a waste.