Around the League: Preseason 2017

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Around the League: Preseason 2017

Post by bajanguy008 »

I just read the full article on it JC and it says the player pool would still be twelve players from each conference. So I believe it is still starters by fan vote and the other reserves selected the same way but just the two top vote getters (captains) then select whoever they want. I will wait for another article
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

That's pretty interesting and a good way to balance the teams. Plus, it adds some extra drama.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/915297911918886912

"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Man. The NBA offseason is ridiculously short. It sometimes feels like it takes forever for the Suns to come back for the new season, but really they are barely gone for a few short months, and even those months are quite eventful with the draft, free agency, (sometimes) Olympic / WC games, etc. Can't wait.
Don't forget about summer league.
Preseason on the way and the League still dropping more Breaking News and changes......

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/915292371239108608

HATE IT
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Indy

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Man. The NBA offseason is ridiculously short. It sometimes feels like it takes forever for the Suns to come back for the new season, but really they are barely gone for a few short months, and even those months are quite eventful with the draft, free agency, (sometimes) Olympic / WC games, etc. Can't wait.
Don't forget about summer league.
Preseason on the way and the League still dropping more Breaking News and changes......

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/915292371239108608

HATE IT
I hate the East vs West thing. Doesn't really appear to be true allegiances to a conference (not like in MLB). I like the idea of having a draft of sorts for the all-star team.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is a necessary precursor to any attempt to decouple the East vs West playoffs. If we want re-seeding, or allowing the top 16 teams regardless of conference, then they need to try piloting smaller changes like this one. So for that reason I support it.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Oh man. Are they going to stand players against the wall and then have the captains choose? So, how will it feel to be the last one chosen? And what if your teammate is the captain and he doesn't choose you, or chooses you last? Oh the drama.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

How does this really fix anything? They're still picking 12 from each conference. And the biggest problem is the players not giving a shit and treating it like a unimportant exhibition game. (which it basically is to them)

Is this going to make the players give more effort?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Cap

Post by Cap »

I think they're doing it because the teams looked to be so unbalanced this year. The league has described it as "trying something new," and it may or may not stick.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JCSunsfan wrote:Oh man. Are they going to stand players against the wall and then have the captains choose? So, how will it feel to be the last one chosen? And what if your teammate is the captain and he doesn't choose you, or chooses you last? Oh the drama.
Haha, that would be drama. These prima donnas have never been picked last ever in their life. They will probably do it behind closed doors so that no one's feelings get hurt.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Watching the beginning of this Rockets Thunder game, if that's Felton on the floor, he sucks. He's already coughed up the ball 3 times in the first couple minutes. Paul has just taken it away from him like he's a 7th grade girl twice.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/KTAR923/status/915347555201855488

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

But so far, Melo is just wearing Ryan Anderson out.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I feel like I've gone in a time machine, with the Thunder running the flex nearly every time down the floor like it's the 90's.

carey

Post by carey »

In2ition wrote:I feel like I've gone in a time machine, with the Thunder running the flex nearly every time down the floor like it's the 90's.
I assume Russ isn't playing then?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
In2ition wrote:I feel like I've gone in a time machine, with the Thunder running the flex nearly every time down the floor like it's the 90's.
I assume Russ isn't playing then?
No, he's out tonight.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

carey wrote:

A big win for assholes everywhere.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Haaa , good observation but after couple minutes I really wasn't paying attention to what they were doing as no Russ means there's nothing to observe. Rockets probably gonna set more 3PA records this year again smh lol . Other game I was peeping at was Pelicans, Rondo has that bounce in his step much like with Bulls last season when he became relevant again and Boogie has slimmed down looked sharp so interesting to see how that twin tower thing goes with a legit distributor
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

jonh

Post by jonh »

The Bobster wrote:
carey wrote:

A big win for a****** everywhere.
Im ready to move on. Good luck with the rest of your careers, and stop beating people up

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I really strongly dislike them.