Suns News: Preseason 2017

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JCSunsfan

Re: Suns News: Preseason 2017

Post by JCSunsfan »

Shopping Dudley and Chandler? For whom?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/2 ... n-Chandler

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

JCSunsfan wrote:Shopping Dudley and Chandler? For whom?

The Suns have been pretty open about being willing to take on salary in exchange for assets. I assume our older players are also all available for the right price.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Move Bledsoe and Chandler. Keep Dudley for veteran presence and team culture (in that regard, I hated that they cut Barbosa, btw).

Call Denver about Bledsoe for filler and their '18 1stR. Chandler to anyone who offers an expiring and two seconds.
Last edited by Ring_Wanted on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Move Bledsoe and Chandler. Keep Dudley for veteran presence and team culture (in that regard, I hated that they cut Barbosa, btw).
I agree about Barbosa. I guess it gives us some flexibility if we bring on more salary at some point, but exactly what does Jok do that Barbs can't?

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Teams that could use Chandler, IMO, would be: Houston, OKC, Boston, and maybe even Washington. I supposed the Cavs would be in that number too. He would be center depth and injury insurance.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

O_Gardino wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:Move Bledsoe and Chandler. Keep Dudley for veteran presence and team culture (in that regard, I hated that they cut Barbosa, btw).
I agree about Barbosa. I guess it gives us some flexibility if we bring on more salary at some point, but exactly what does Jok do that Barbs can't?
I don't know about Jok (or Reed), but the 3.5M in cap space we gained by waiving Barbosa were of no use to us at the time and it's been confirmed given the lack of big moves this summer. You can't get your mouth full with culture, experience, know-how etc, and get rid of one of the very few cheap(-ish) homegrown vets you have.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JCSunsfan wrote:Shopping Dudley and Chandler? For whom?

The actual rumor comes from zach lowes new column, putting all the teams into tiers.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2096 ... rs-ratings
The Suns will surely listen if and when suitors call for Eric Bledsoe. They've explored the possibility of moving off Jared Dudley and Tyson Chandler, sources say, though they likely feel no urgency to dump them; Phoenix remains just under the salary floor.
Here's the rest he says
This all about the development of the college team within the NBA team: Can Dragan Bender show something, and get real time as a stretch center? How good is Josh Jackson already? Does Marquese Chriss realize the object of defense? Can he hone his 3-point shot? Does the ball look bigger in Tyler Ulis' hands than it has in any player's since Muggsy Bogues?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

JCSunsfan wrote:Teams that could use Chandler, IMO, would be: Houston, OKC, Boston, and maybe even Washington. I supposed the Cavs would be in that number too. He would be center depth and injury insurance.
Charlotte too.

Would anyone take Drummond for Bledsoe-Chandler-Miami '18? Any way to get it done without adding the pick? Is it wise to gamble a mammoth contract on Drummond, who is quickly developing a reputation of uncoachable?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I'd stay away from Drummond. He can't do anything other than dunk on offense and is a great defensive rebounder, but isn't actually a good defender. Pass.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:Teams that could use Chandler, IMO, would be: Houston, OKC, Boston, and maybe even Washington. I supposed the Cavs would be in that number too. He would be center depth and injury insurance.
Charlotte too.
Not sure about Charlotte after signing Dwight plus I expect Zeller to play as much as him and even Kaminsky to play lots of stretch 5 where he had some good games last yr. Maybe the Wiz but your post made me remember our old friend the Polish Hammer. I saw a story with Marcin being asked about the "traditional big man" in today's game and he basically implied ain't really a role for them anymore and he's glad to be at the end of his career and is Done in a couple years
Boston is probably a decent option as they lost so much size this offseason and there would be the option for Horford to play his natural 4 in a big lineup
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/Suns/status/917470954141360128

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Thanks for posting, Bajan.

I think of Devin as a good future GM, and Ulis is more the future coach.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

We'll alienate them long before that's even a possibility.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Yeah, nobody works for Sarver that long.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
I don't know about Jok (or Reed), but the 3.5M in cap space we gained by waiving Barbosa were of no use to us at the time and it's been confirmed given the lack of big moves this summer. You can't get your mouth full with culture, experience, know-how etc, and get rid of one of the very few cheap(-ish) homegrown vets you have.
This is more about this sites personal boner for barbosa and less about what’s good for the team. He was many things, not a smart player though and not somebody that offers anything for the young guys to learn from.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

They waived him rather than guarantee his salary for the whole year. It certainly gives them more flexibility cap-wise.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Our Preview was today on NBA Tv

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/917516325836038144

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/917515058220998656

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Funny thing is barbosa are still hanging with the guys on the team.
He posts stories on Instagram with the guys. The day TJ got his contract he payed LB's dinner, that's for sure.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

specialsauce wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
He was many things, not a smart player though and not somebody that offers anything for the young guys to learn from.
Mock nostalgia if you want but at this point in his career and given our current state, his presence is less about making baskets and more about team culture and chemistry. The 3.5M saved are neglible to a team in our situation.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Furlanfufi wrote:Funny thing is barbosa are still hanging with the guys on the team.
He posts stories on Instagram with the guys. The day TJ got his contract he payed LB's dinner, that's for sure.
Very glad to hear it.