Game Day (Preseason): Suns (1-0) @ Jazz (2-0), Fri 10/6/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Game Day (Preseason): Suns (1-0) @ Jazz (2-0), Fri 10/6/17

Post by carey »

Maybe Nodack saw an old Jazz v Suns box score? Cause Eric was lousy tonight. 8 points with a lot of early in the clock jumpers.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think I did. I Googled Suns Jazz box score and it showed Bledsoe as the leading scorer. I guess it must have been from last year.

Sorry about that. That's why I hate not being able to see the game. I have to look it up online and that even if accurate sucks compared to seeing it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Thanks for the running commentary, guys. Missed this one.
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I think we are really missing Reed and Williams. Both of those guys are heady 2 way role players who will make the whole team look better.

Even so, can you imagine this roster with 2 more young guys who need minutes? We are all full of young guys who need to play. Let's make some decisions about who to keep and who to move.

Not much DJJ again, no Mike James this game, still no Jok, Peters, and Bennett. It looks like Watson has his top 10 decided, and is just using preseason to figure out his substitution patterns.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Cap

Post by Cap »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:This game really calls some of our roster decisions into question. A guy off the street (Daniels) is essentially one of our 3-4 best players at this point. Our best big man by far is a guy who we just declined to offer a contract. Our two young stud PFs have so far laid an egg in both of our preseason games. Our PG hasn't shown much (though I forgive him considering that he's saving energy for the real season).
We have young stud PFs? Did I miss something here? Are you referring to the 2 goobers we picked last year that had no business going that high?
Who did have business going with those picks?

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/916690635280719872

Exum has had a forgettable NBA career so far , that's unfortunate man. Hopefully no bad news for TJ , btw I just was double checking Twitter for any updates and seeing quite a few Jazz fans saying TJ made a reckless, dumb foul.....
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

carey

Post by carey »

I don't even remember the play Exum got injured on. Was it that bad?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

carey wrote:I don't even remember the play Exum got injured on. Was it that bad?
TJ and another Sun (can't remember who, but I am thinking it was Chriss) went for a block at the rim. TJ and Exum fell to the floor. You can read in this thread the first time we were worried about TJ. It was this fall. Exum ran off the court holding his shoulder after writhing on the floor and you could tell it was separated. But it also tore ligaments, apparently. Wasn't dirty at all from my perspective. More likely had Exum jumped to shoot instead of fake hat nothing would have come of it. Just one of those things.

TJ's second fall happened when closing out on a three. The court in SLC is raised (like most now, I think) and it appeared that he landed near the edge and dove/rolled into the first couple of rows near the edge. Hard to see what he hit from my vantage, but he needed immediate attention and you could tell he split his head open. Might have hit a chair or a more permanent obstacle. He appeared woozy heading off with the help of a couple of guys.

carey

Post by carey »

Cap wrote:
I really wanted Hernangomez (Juancho). Still think he's going to be really good. I also wanted Bender though and while some of his skill set is still so tantalizing he just doesn't have the it so far. Looks like early Dragic where he's so timid and has zero confidence. Hopefully the light comes on for him like it did Goran.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:Thanks for the running commentary, guys. Missed this one.
Don't forget you can always watch replays at click.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Cap wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:This game really calls some of our roster decisions into question. A guy off the street (Daniels) is essentially one of our 3-4 best players at this point. Our best big man by far is a guy who we just declined to offer a contract. Our two young stud PFs have so far laid an egg in both of our preseason games. Our PG hasn't shown much (though I forgive him considering that he's saving energy for the real season).
We have young stud PFs? Did I miss something here? Are you referring to the 2 goobers we picked last year that had no business going that high?
I wanted Murray or Hield. Not saying they should've gone there, but I'd feel a little more confident about the Suns direction if we had either of them on the roster over the 2 goobers. I was also big on Sabonis, but he's been pretty meh too, so what do I know? :D
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Thanks. I guess I have to sign up? Seeing: "The user is not found. To continue streaming please sign up for free.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:
Thanks. I guess I have to sign up? Seeing: "The user is not found. To continue streaming please sign up for free.
No, nothing to sign up for. The game is still being uploaded. When it's done you will see 3 rows of 4 red boxes with Part 1, 2, 3 and 4 on it. Those will be the replay streams.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Cap wrote:
I wanted Murray or Hield.
I was there as well. If I am not mistaken, I was the only one who voted for Murray as best player available or something like that. Also wondered about Hield's ability to guard PGs.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:
No, nothing to sign up for. The game is still being uploaded. When it's done you will see 3 rows of 4 red boxes with Part 1, 2, 3 and 4 on it. Those will be the replay streams.
Thanks! Glad I asked. These sites have all kinds of tricks to get you to click on links and sign up for things. So, even though it looks like nothing is happening, it really is uploading? How long does it normally take?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:
Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:
Thanks! Glad I asked. These sites have all kinds of tricks to get you to click on links and sign up for things. So, even though it looks like nothing is happening, it really is uploading? How long does it normally take?
Nothing ever happened. Still says "UPLOADING …".
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

I've not seen it take this long, but... remember it didn't have an official stream. Only the crappy jumbotron one.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:I've not seen it take this long, but... remember it didn't have an official stream. Only the crappy jumbotron one.
OK, thanks. I'll leave it and see what happens.
"Be Legendary."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

azsportsfan wrote:
carey wrote:I don't even remember the play Exum got injured on. Was it that bad?
TJ and another Sun (can't remember who, but I am thinking it was Chriss) went for a block at the rim. TJ and Exum fell to the floor. You can read in this thread the first time we were worried about TJ. It was this fall. Exum ran off the court holding his shoulder after writhing on the floor and you could tell it was separated. But it also tore ligaments, apparently. Wasn't dirty at all from my perspective. More likely had Exum jumped to shoot instead of fake hat nothing would have come of it. Just one of those things.

TJ's second fall happened when closing out on a three. The court in SLC is raised (like most now, I think) and it appeared that he landed near the edge and dove/rolled into the first couple of rows near the edge. Hard to see what he hit from my vantage, but he needed immediate attention and you could tell he split his head open. Might have hit a chair or a more permanent obstacle. He appeared woozy heading off with the help of a couple of guys.
Exum took a shot and then went in for the rebound and sort of undercut T.J. when T.J. was going up for the rebound. Warren and Exum then went down in a heap.. Exum ran straight to the locker room with a shoulder separation and Warren had a thigh injury that he returned from later in the period.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

TJ flew in, but it also looked liked Exum leaned in a little to create the contact in order to draw the foul. In the majority of instances with this type of collision, its the player that is up in the air that gets the worst of it. Its too bad. Hate to see that type of injury, especially in preseason.