Game Day (Preseason): Jazz (3-0) @ Suns (1-1), Mon 10/9/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Game Day: Jazz (3-0) @ Suns (1-1), Mon 10/9/17

Post by bajanguy008 »

In2ition wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:It's about time to make a regular season predictions thread. Will get on that soon along with my own predictions once I have time to write them up. I'm famously bad at predicting anything, though I occasionally happen to get something right.
I need at least one more bi-polar cycle before I can make a regular season prediction.
Haha, same here :lol:
You guys are funny :)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

n4th4n wrote:
specialsauce wrote:It’s not just that Benders shot isn’t falling. It’s that he does nothing with the ball when he gets it. Once in a blue moon he shoots a three. He just passes to the next guy. He doesn’t cut, he doesn’t dribble, he has no sense of offensive aggression and he hasn’t got a clue what to do with the ball when he gets it. It ain’t age, sorry. You’re not going to suddenly start playing with purpose in 2 years. It’s one thing if he’s being aggressive and making mistakes like Jackson or inefficient like Booker. Those you can correct. You can’t teach what he’s missing.

Like I said before, do you have no recollection of Goran's first 2 years? He was so scared he couldn't even put the ball down more than 2-3 times in a row. And he came into the league older and more NBA ready then Bender.

Listen - I will gladly, gladly acknowledge that Bender and Chriss have a long long lonnnng way to go. And I am not super optimistic about either of them. But to give up on them before their sophomore season even begins is one of the most short-sighted and silly things I have ever heard.
Yeah, you're right Goran in his second year really played timid. :roll: :roll: [

[youtube][/youtube]
Bro, just stop. Not even close.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
n4th4n wrote:
specialsauce wrote:It’s not just that Benders shot isn’t falling. It’s that he does nothing with the ball when he gets it. Once in a blue moon he shoots a three. He just passes to the next guy. He doesn’t cut, he doesn’t dribble, he has no sense of offensive aggression and he hasn’t got a clue what to do with the ball when he gets it. It ain’t age, sorry. You’re not going to suddenly start playing with purpose in 2 years. It’s one thing if he’s being aggressive and making mistakes like Jackson or inefficient like Booker. Those you can correct. You can’t teach what he’s missing.

Like I said before, do you have no recollection of Goran's first 2 years? He was so scared he couldn't even put the ball down more than 2-3 times in a row. And he came into the league older and more NBA ready then Bender.

Listen - I will gladly, gladly acknowledge that Bender and Chriss have a long long lonnnng way to go. And I am not super optimistic about either of them. But to give up on them before their sophomore season even begins is one of the most short-sighted and silly things I have ever heard.
Yeah, you're right Goran in his second year really played timid. :roll: :roll: [

[youtube][/youtube]
To be fair, that was definitely his breakout game. He wasn't really a known commodity by that point.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

He really was a known commodity. That was obviously his best moment of the year, but he played well all year and was solidified as our backup point guard.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

The people saying to calm down are clearly not watching the preseason games where Bender just stands at the three point line and either launches a three or passes the ball away immediately to the point that he forces it when no-one is open and causes a turnover.

They also aren't watching Chriss fail to show a single bit of improvement in any category.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

specialsauce wrote:
n4th4n wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
Ya he was AWESOME that game. It was fucking great. But do you want a dose of reality? He averaged 7.9 ppg as a sophomore. That is less than, for example, even 19-year old Chriss averaged as a rookie. Goran was also THREE YEARS OLDER in his sophomore season than Bender or Chriss right now.

But what about Goran's 3rd season you ask?? He averaged 7.5 ppg.

He didn't really become the Dragic we all love so much until the 2012-2013 season. When he was 26.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
n4th4n wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
To be fair, that was definitely his breakout game. He wasn't really a known commodity by that point.
11/4/09- 15 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds
11/11 - 14, 7, 7
11/22 - 13,6,4
12/15- 18,3,1
1/23- 20,3,2, 4 steals
1/25- 32,3,3
2/23-16,10,4

That's just skimming through the box scores through February.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

specialsauce wrote:The people saying to calm down are clearly not watching the preseason games where Bender just stands at the three point line and either launches a three or passes the ball away immediately to the point that he forces it when no-one is open and causes a turnover.

They also aren't watching Chriss fail to show a single bit of improvement in any category.
We don't have to talk about this anymore. There is no point. You are just wrong for giving up on two kids who haven't even turned 21 yet. It's clear you've closed the book on two sophomore players before the season has even begun. Lol. It would almost be funny if it wasn't so stupid.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

My friend, if you really think that Goran's young career and Bender's are on the same level I have nothing else to add you are sipping some SERIOUS kool-aid, maybe the strongest stuff I've ever seen on this board. I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest Bender has any potential in this league. You could tell Goran belonged from day 1.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

specialsauce wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
n4th4n wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
11/4/09- 15 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds
11/11 - 14, 7, 7
11/22 - 13,6,4
12/15- 18,3,1
1/23- 20,3,2, 4 steals
1/25- 32,3,3
2/23-16,10,4

That's just skimming through the box scores through February.
You haven't even given Chriss and Bender a chance in November, let alone February. Not to mention THEY ARE THREE YEARS YOUNGER THEN GORAN WAS. How is this so hard to understand??

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

specialsauce wrote:My friend, if you really think that Goran's young career and Bender's are on the same level I have nothing else to add you are sipping some SERIOUS kool-aid, maybe the strongest stuff I've ever seen on this board. I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest Bender has any potential in this league. You could tell Goran belonged from day 1.
I haven't said anything about being sure Bender belongs. All I have said is that is is moronic to give up on a 19-year old.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

specialsauce wrote:The people saying to calm down are clearly not watching the preseason games where Bender just stands at the three point line and either launches a three or passes the ball away immediately to the point that he forces it when no-one is open and causes a turnover.

Clearly, you didn't watch today's game.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

There have been 26 players who entered the NBA at under 19 years old.

Bender is the youngest of the three who have played for the Suns in their 50 years.

Bender was also the youngest player in the NBA last year (Booker was the year before). Chris was the 4th youngest last year (Bender, Brandon Ingram, Giorgios Papagiannis, Chriss).

You have to give these guys time to mature physically and get some experience before you can make a final judgement on them.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

The Bobster wrote:There have been 26 players who entered the NBA at under 19 years old.

Bender is the youngest of the three who have played for the Suns in their 50 years.

Bender was also the youngest player in the NBA last year (Booker was the year before). Chris was the 4th youngest last year (Bender, Brandon Ingram, Giorgios Papagiannis, Chriss).

You have to give these guys time to mature physically and get some experience before you can make a final judgement on them.
+1. The kids can't even drink a beer legally yet. Let's try giving them a couple of full seasons.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Jackson: 22 points, 7 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and a block. Chriss with 13 points, 12 boards, and 2 assists.
"Be Legendary."