Around the League: Week 1 10/17-10/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Around the League: Week 1 10/17-10/22

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I guess PJ Tucker has been hanging out at the same buffet as Chriss.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
carey wrote:
The Bobster wrote:LeBron's jersey was ripped down the center of the back - which leads to some serious questions about the quality of these Nike jerseys.
That isn't the first jersey to bite it this year in the same fashion. Could be trouble for Nike if this continues to happen.
How so? It's not like they can't just replace the jersey immediately. The NBA isn't going to give the money back to Nike for their licensing contract, so...?
Not exactly going to make them more desirable for the customers to buy though.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Bobster wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
carey wrote:
The Bobster wrote:LeBron's jersey was ripped down the center of the back - which leads to some serious questions about the quality of these Nike jerseys.
That isn't the first jersey to bite it this year in the same fashion. Could be trouble for Nike if this continues to happen.
How so? It's not like they can't just replace the jersey immediately. The NBA isn't going to give the money back to Nike for their licensing contract, so...?
Not exactly going to make them more desirable for the customers to buy though.
Customers aren't buying the game quality jerseys anyway. A large majority of them are replicas made of different material and performance technology.

Even then, LeBron's was ripped after a very obvious foul. It's not like the thing was falling off of him from just normal physical play. I've never seen anyone playing a serious game of basketball in an authentic NBA jersey either.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

71 to 62 at the half?! All-Star game kicks off the season this year?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hermen wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:Not for the squeamish:

https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/gord ... 1819634497
I'm not entirely sure, but I think you can actually hear it snap on that video.

Tough break (terrible joke), but this kind of injury is way better than a soft tissue injury, such as a ligament or muscle. It'll take some time, but he should be able to reach a high level again if he's just broken the leg bone(s).
I'm no medical expert but doesn't the way his ankle was turned look like ligament damage?
Dislocated ankle means some definite tearing of the ligaments. Tibial fracture, should heal ok. Could definitely be back next year, but I highly doubt he plays again this season.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yeah, I made that comment before they diagnosed it as a dislocation. He definitely has a soft tissue injury of some sort, which makes it worse than George's. I think there's no way he plays this season.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Great finish between Houston and GSW. I hope the whole season is this competitive and one team doesn't run away with the best record in the West.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

By the way, Tatum's first shot attempt of his NBA career was blocked by LeBron. I said out loud, "Welcome to the NBA." and Reggie then says the exact same thing on the TNT broadcast.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Warriors lose, record of 0-1. A little teeny slice of adversity to start the season, a punch in the mouth from another Western powerhouse. I like it. Give them a good challenge; I don't want to see this season just handed to them like last season was.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Warriors lose, record of 0-1. A little teeny slice of adversity to start the season, a punch in the mouth from another Western powerhouse. I like it. Give them a good challenge; I don't want to see this season just handed to them like last season was.
Well they had a worse start last year against the Spurs.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:By the way, Tatum's first shot attempt of his NBA career was blocked by LeBron. I said out loud, "Welcome to the NBA." and Reggie then says the exact same thing on the TNT broadcast.
Saying the same thing as Reggie Miller is probably something I'd keep to myself.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:By the way, Tatum's first shot attempt of his NBA career was blocked by LeBron. I said out loud, "Welcome to the NBA." and Reggie then says the exact same thing on the TNT broadcast.
Saying the same thing as Reggie Miller is probably something I'd keep to myself.
Ha ha! ;)
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Did anyone see PJ Tucker becoming one of D'Antoni's "8 starters" on the Rockets? I did not. Good for him and his 20 points last night.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

2 fun and competitive games last night. I had high hope for the Celtics this season; I'm very sorry to see the injury. Tatum and Brown played 37 and 40 minutes. Yikes.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:Did anyone see PJ Tucker becoming one of D'Antoni's "8 starters" on the Rockets? I did not. Good for him and his 20 points last night.
It makes sense to me. He can hit 3s (mostly), so he has value to Mike D. But I'm glad to see the guy doing well and playing meaningful minutes on a good team. He has earned it. Hope he gets to do his thing in the WCF this year.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Warriors lose, record of 0-1. A little teeny slice of adversity to start the season, a punch in the mouth from another Western powerhouse. I like it. Give them a good challenge; I don't want to see this season just handed to them like last season was.
On pace to finish 0-82.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
On pace to finish 0-82.
Ha ha. Loved seeing them lose after they were ahead the whole game until the last minutes. Also bonus point for losing after they thought they won it. :)
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:
On pace to finish 0-82.
Ha ha. Loved seeing them lose after they were ahead the whole game until the last minutes. Also bonus point for losing after they thought they won it. :)
When was the last time a D'Antoni team was getting key stops down the stretch to pull ahead and win? 2006?

carey

Post by carey »

8 game suspension for Bobby Portis. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2106 ... ight-games
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:8 game suspension for Bobby Portis. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2106 ... ight-games
Did you see Shaq on TNT saying he shouldn't be suspended? These things happen? Come on.

I'm sure there's fights all the time but you don't haul off and punch a teammate in the face. I think the suspension was very appropriate.
"Be Legendary."