Bledsoe wants out!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Bledsoe wants out!

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:Why would the pelicans take jackson when they have Holiday and Rondo? Not that Rondo is a long term fit or even healthy, but do they see Holiday as a 2? Not sure those pieces fit.
Makes no sense. Bled would be better for them, since he can play the 2. But what they really need is a legit catch and shoot guy.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Moreso, I’ll throw my hat into the ring and ask what would you think about a trade with Bledsoe-Faried-Valanciunas at the core of it?

We create a logjam at C, but JV should be enough to sit Chandler or to look for a trade milking this Len’s renaissance. A 2nd for a rental? After all, he is not staying.
Has been written that Toronto could trade JV out of cap concerns, and this would shed one year of future salary, with a very competitive frontcourt rotation in Ibaka, Faried and Nogueira.
Denver gets a real PG and eliminate Faried’s salary, so another asset could come out from them. What and where to?
I think Valanciunas has plateaued and won't get much better. He's the kind of dude who looks better playing on the other team.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:
ShelC wrote:Why would the pelicans take jackson when they have Holiday and Rondo? Not that Rondo is a long term fit or even healthy, but do they see Holiday as a 2? Not sure those pieces fit.
Makes no sense. Bled would be better for them, since he can play the 2. But what they really need is a legit catch and shoot guy.
I think Jrue would be their 2, but I agree on that Jackson doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

carey wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Split T wrote:Is Asik hurt? I just assumed he wasn't good enough to play.
He's been diagnosed with Crohn's disease. Not certain if he'll ever be able to play again.
My mom has it. It's an awful disease, but... there's a guy on the Saints that has it. He plays professional football with most of his intestine removed. I don't see how you can't play basketball with it. It probably depends on the severity though. Not all cases are the same.
Larry Nance Jr has it.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

If he had to have surgery and has a colostomy, I don’t see how he could play without making a mess. Team may be keeping it private

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

specialsauce wrote:If he had to have surgery and has a colostomy, I don’t see how he could play without making a mess. Team may be keeping it private
Don't see how you can play pro ball with a colostomy, unless its only a temporary one. But even then, the future is really in doubt.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:If he had to have surgery and has a colostomy, I don’t see how he could play without making a mess. Team may be keeping it private
I think it's pretty unlikely he has an ostomy of any kind. He's a pretty new diagnosis of Crohn's, that's usually a later step. But I guess it's possible.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
I think it's pretty unlikely he has an ostomy of any kind. He's a pretty new diagnosis of Crohn's, that's usually a later step. But I guess it's possible.
I can't see any other reason why he wouldn't be able to play with the diagnosis.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Agreed, it shouldn't be career ending.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

this is the first game i've seen (now that i've got slingtv) and things look promising if we can get value back for Bledsoe
there is supposed to be plenty of good point guards in the league. let's get one we can grow with even if we have to give up a good draft pick

what about Bled and a pick for De’Aaron Fox? his stats look just ok in Sacramento but he could develop nicely with this team

but i don't know enough about Sac or what their "time table" is

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

1tinsoldier wrote:what about Bled and a pick for De’Aaron Fox? his stats look just ok in Sacramento but he could develop nicely with this team
I like Fox but that's a lot to give up just to get a rook PG who hasn't done much in this league. Bledsoe is worth more than that IMO.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

You guys are nuts. Kings wouldn't even entertain that deal for Fox. We had our shot; should've taken him. Not a knock on JJ, but we should've taken Fox and dumped Bledsoe.

TOO

Post by TOO »

ShelC wrote:You guys are nuts. Kings wouldn't even entertain that deal for Fox. We had our shot; should've taken him. Not a knock on JJ, but we should've taken Fox and dumped Bledsoe.
We should've let JJ meet with Boston so we could've gotten Tatum instead. Sigh..
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

How would you guys rank the top 4-5 rookies this season so far? I mean actual rookies, so no Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid or crud like that.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'd go Tatum, Markkanen, Kuzma, DSJ, Fox, Lonzo, Donovan, Jackson, Ntilikina,

TOO

Post by TOO »

Why wouldn't Simmons be considered an actual rookie?

Anyway, I think the top 4-5 outside of Simmons have been Tatum, Kuzma, Mitchell, and Collins. Ball had that one amazing game against the Bledsoes, but has been pretty meh otherwise. Jackson has flashed as well. Feel bad for Fultz.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
ShelC wrote:You guys are nuts. Kings wouldn't even entertain that deal for Fox. We had our shot; should've taken him. Not a knock on JJ, but we should've taken Fox and dumped Bledsoe.
We should've let JJ meet with Boston so we could've gotten Tatum instead. Sigh..
Way too early. I still think JJ will end up better than Tatum.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Simmons is considered a rookie by NBA rules and he's by far the best one.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Simmons is head and shoulders above everybody else but I think Mori was interested in who was thought to be the best out of the 2017 draft class so far.
"Be Legendary."

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

i'm concerned that what we get for Bled is someone who doesn't work into our future plans anyway

if we need a young point with potential, and that's who we'd pick next year, why not get it over with now and put Bled's value to work toward's that goal -- either in a trade for someone like Fox now or for a good pick (that we might package with our pick next year for a top pick)

it would hurt our youngins to not play with a starting caliber point this year, so i'd opt for option 1