Bledsoe wants out!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Bledsoe wants out!

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Why wouldn't Simmons be considered an actual rookie?

Anyway, I think the top 4-5 outside of Simmons have been Tatum, Kuzma, Mitchell, and Collins. Ball had that one amazing game against the Bledsoes, but has been pretty meh otherwise. Jackson has flashed as well. Feel bad for Fultz.
Lauri has to be in there.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

1tinsoldier wrote:i'm concerned that what we get for Bled is someone who doesn't work into our future plans anyway

if we need a young point with potential, and that's who we'd pick next year, why not get it over with now and put Bled's value to work toward's that goal -- either in a trade for someone like Fox now or for a good pick (that we might package with our pick next year for a top pick)

it would hurt our youngins to not play with a starting caliber point this year, so i'd opt for option 1
Uh, I think they Suns are trying hard to do exactly this, but people have to cooperate. A (relatively) good pick is a realistic goal, but a prospect the caliber of Fox is out of reach unless the deal was way bigger than Bledsoe, but if I was the Kings, I'd be hard pressed to answer to the 'why do it' question.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Kings aren't giving up Fox so you all might as well get over that now. That is unless you want to make a blockbuster trade and give them 1st round pick(s) too.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Apparently, Gambo is saying Knight has been "reinvigorated" due to Watson's firing and the pending trade of Bledsoe. The front office wants to see what Knight can do next year now that Watson is gone. Gambo suggested that Knight had issues with Watson and that when he took over is when Knight's play took a nosedive. So maybe we won't need a PG after all. We can only hope that Knight still has value to us.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:Apparently, Gambo is saying Knight has been "reinvigorated" due to Watson's firing and the pending trade of Bledsoe. The front office wants to see what Knight can do next year now that Watson is gone. Gambo suggested that Knight had issues with Watson and that when he took over is when Knight's play took a nosedive. So maybe we won't need a PG after all. We can only hope that Knight still has value to us.
Well there's no f'ing way anybody's going to trade for him, so we have little choice but to give him a try in the hope that this is true.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

Superbone wrote:The Kings aren't giving up Fox so you all might as well get over that now. That is unless you want to make a blockbuster trade and give them 1st round pick(s) too.
yes, that's what i'm throwing out there for consideration
offering Bledsoe and our next pick, if we believe we couldn't do better than Fox next year in the draft anyway
it's like trading top picks and giving them a quality point guard too

it's actually risky on our part. I still think Jackson was a safer pick than Fox.

i don't know Sac's situation
but for us this scenario comes down how high we think we'll pick next year
and is there likely to be a desirable point guard available

my main point is to trade Bledsoe for potential, not near equal value

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

if knight was available this year, i'd say we roll with him and just trade Bledsoe for value
since he isn't, i'm up for an aggressive move
Last edited by 1tinsoldier on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I listened to a recent Simmons podcast with a conversation about New Orleans trading Cousins. They focused on him going to Washington, but I'm not sure I buy that as an option. I'm not sure the NO front office is looking to deal him at this point, even though they probably should be.

I'd put everyone except Booker on the table for Boogie. They probably wouldn't want Warren because of his next contract, but something like Bledsoe, Chriss/Bender/Jackson, and some combination of picks? That might be as good as it gets unless another team is willing to give up an all-star level player.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Problem will be keeping him now that Bledsoe wants out. I think I pass on cousins.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

1tinsoldier wrote:it's actually risky on our part. I still think Jackson was a safer pick than Fox.
I like Jackson just fine, but the biggest reason I had Fox #1 was because I knew we needed to trade Bledsoe. It's easy to armchair GM, but I would've taken Fox and traded Bledsoe for another 1st round pick. Could've been in that draft or a future draft. The point would've been to just get a valuable asset for him and clear the way for the PG of the future.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:Problem will be keeping him now that Bledsoe wants out. I think I pass on cousins.
Unless he doesn't commit to resigning this offseason, I think passing on Cousins is insane.

I have no way of knowing this, but I also think we could've had a better deal for Sacramento had they not refused to trade him within the division.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Split T wrote:Problem will be keeping him now that Bledsoe wants out. I think I pass on cousins.
Unless he doesn't commit to resigning this offseason, I think passing on Cousins is insane.

I have no way of knowing this, but I also think we could've had a better deal for Sacramento had they not refused to trade him within the division.
Boogie and Bledsoe are best buddies. You don't replace a tumor with a cancer if you're concerned with chemistry. That would be a nightmare situation.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Boogie and Bledsoe are best buddies. You don't replace a tumor with a cancer if you're concerned with chemistry. That would be a nightmare situation.
Cousins should be considered an MVP candidate so far. I'm not in the camp that thinks he's a "cancer", either. He has a temper, but he's not actively destroying his teams from within.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JCSunsfan wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
ShelC wrote:You guys are nuts. Kings wouldn't even entertain that deal for Fox. We had our shot; should've taken him. Not a knock on JJ, but we should've taken Fox and dumped Bledsoe.
We should've let JJ meet with Boston so we could've gotten Tatum instead. Sigh..
Way too early. I still think JJ will end up better than Tatum.
Disagree 8-)

But alas, I must root for the guy we have.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Why wouldn't Simmons be considered an actual rookie?

Anyway, I think the top 4-5 outside of Simmons have been Tatum, Kuzma, Mitchell, and Collins. Ball had that one amazing game against the Bledsoes, but has been pretty meh otherwise. Jackson has flashed as well. Feel bad for Fultz.
Lauri has to be in there.
Forgot about him tbh, he's looked good on the boards and from the field for sure. Solid class thus far.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wiz ... oenix-suns

John Wall on Bledsoe:
"I talk to him all the time," Wall said. "He's just sitting back and being a professional. He can't do nothing about it. He doesn't want to be there. He wants to go somewhere else. It's kind of all in the Suns' hands and where they want to trade him to and what they want to get back for him. He's still working out every day and being a dad at home."
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Good to know he's been a professional through all this.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:Good to know he's been a professional through all this.
We should all strive to be as professional as Bledsoe, a true inspiration.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Cousins should be considered an MVP candidate so far. I'm not in the camp that thinks he's a "cancer", either. He has a temper, but he's not actively destroying his teams from within.
I'm a big cousins fan. I just think we missed our opportunity. At the beginning of the year I was all for making a run at cousins at the trade deadline or free agency, but I don't think he'll commit to us with Bledsoe gone.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Superbone wrote:Good to know he's been a professional through all this.
It really is hilarious.

I wish McD did not say a few things he did. But I am glad he has a spine. I am glad he did not give Bled and extension. I am glad he is not letting a player play who openly said he did not want to be here and was clearly dogging it in real games. I’m glad he did not panic and trade him for diddly.