Earl Watson Fired

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Earl Watson Fired

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:What's with the Van Gundy hard-on? The guy hasn't coached in 10 years, and his last team had Yao and T-Mac.

Not only do I think he's not that great of a hire, but he'd cost a fortune. Pass.
748 NBA games coached. 58% winning percentage as a Head Coach in the NBA. He'll be coaching the USA Men's Basketball team working with the stars of the league. He'll bring credibility back into this organization.

Why do you care about how much he'll cost? It's not a cap hit and it's not your money.
Fair points.

I just get the feeling that his value is artificially inflated because he's on TV all the time.
Ernie Johnson for coach!
Eddie Johnson would be more like it.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Re: E**l W****n Fired

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:That's it, "coach." You are getting the asterisk treatment.

E**l W****n, you are now E**l W****n!! Now GTFO.
I don't agree with that AT ALL. It wasn't his fault he was given the reigns. What was he supposed to do, turn it down? He has nothing in common with the other asterisk members. Yeah, he was bad at his job but he was a good guy and tried his best. Sarver and McDonough deserve it more than he does, if you ask me. You might as well do it to Bledsoe now too.
Wait, how is Watson better than Hunter or Porter? The argument of "sure he wasn't qualified for the job, but he tried hard" isn't a good one. It doesn't matter how sweet he talked. He was an absolute disaster. At least on par with the other coaches in the Asterisk of Honor.

Split T

Post by Split T »

There is the incompetent asterisk list: Hunter, Porter, Watson, blanks and Babby and there is the list of Suns enemies: Markieff, Marcus Morris, and Robert Horry.

Did Michael Beasley or Josh childress get the asterisk treatment? They would fall under the incompetent list. I was too young in the luc longley era, but he seems to be more of an incompetent asterisk as well.

I'm sure I'm missing some

Hedo turkoglu
Marcus banks
Bruce bowen

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:There is the incompetent asterisk list: H****r, Porter, Watson, B____s and Babby and there is the list of Suns enemies: M******f, M****s M****s, and R****t H***y.

Did M****** B****** or Josh childress get the asterisk treatment? They would fall under the incompetent list. I was too young in the L** L****** era, but he seems to be more of an incompetent asterisk as well.

I'm sure I'm missing some

H**o T******u
Marcus banks
Bruce bowen
This should be a mandatory quiz for anyone who wants to join the site. If you don't know who we hate, then you're not ready to contribute. :lol:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Exactly. If Beasley is on that list, why not Watson?

Honestly, I don't care either way, though

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:Exactly. If Beasley is on that list, why not Watson?

True, outside of the Morris twins and Horry, are there any that did anything other than epically suck at their job?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Obviously you do or you wouldn't have brought it up. I do care. There's a big difference between incompetence and hated. Porter was an incompetent coach but I don't hate him. Hunter was a backstabbing bitch working behind the scenes along with Blanks. I don't hate Frank Johnson either.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:

Obviously you do or you wouldn't have brought it up. I do care. There's a big difference between incompetence and hated. Porter was an incompetent coach but I don't hate him. H****r was a backstabbing bitch working behind the scenes along with B____s. I don't hate Frank Johnson either.
If the story is true that Watson was telling the team that Ryan/Sarver told him they had to turn it around in two weeks or he was fired, and told the team they had to win to stay together, that is pretty shitty behavior.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Longley, Horry, Blanks, Babby, Beasley, Morris Bros are on my list. McD might end up there too at the end of his reign. Watson definitely gets the treatment.

Banks and Hedo I don't really care about. Same with Childress.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It's a fine line. Marty has it right in that the person has to be univerally hated by the board to get the treatment.
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I finally got around to watching the Triano interview. He genuinely doesn't want to be a head coach long term, so I'm not to worried about having to fire him halfway through next season. Hopefully we scout and interview coaches throughout the year and hire someone in the summer.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Some of them I only censor the full name, like Marcus Banks, but if you just type Banks it lets it by. That's because it is an ordinary word, and I don't want it to censor out like "Booker banks it in!" into "Booker b**ks it in!" Or a common name like Morris, I didn't add that all by itself because there are / will be other players with that name. But I do censor Markieff and Markieff Morris and Marcus Morris.

carey

Post by carey »

O_Gardino wrote:I finally got around to watching the Triano interview. He genuinely doesn't want to be a head coach long term, so I'm not to worried about having to fire him halfway through next season. Hopefully we scout and interview coaches throughout the year and hire someone in the summer.
Strange, I didn't get that feeling. It seemed to me he wanted to wait and see how the year played out first. You could be right though as he still has duties with the Canadian national team and may not want to be the head guy for a franchise at the same time.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

There sill be a lot of talk about Michael Porter over the next year, so that one's going to need changing too.

Personally, I thought the whole thing was somewhat amusing when it was just Luc Longley, but it's gone a bit too far.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I guess Okur didn't take getting shit-canned so well -

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/h ... 793357001/

Note that Bledsoe went and 'liked' his post.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I guess Okur didn't take getting shit - canned so well -

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/h ... 793357001/

Note that Bledsoe went and 'liked' his post.

Cap

Post by Cap »

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

I want to just go on record. For the most part Earl is a classy guy. That stunt he pulled about two weeks to turn it around was a problem. But otherwise, he is a good guy. I just don't think he is that good of a coach. He is not a high school or college coach. He is not here to mold men. He is here to develop players. There is a difference.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JCSunsfan wrote:I want to just go on record. For the most part Earl is a classy guy. That stunt he pulled about two weeks to turn it around was a problem. But otherwise, he is a good guy. I just don't think he is that good of a coach. He is not a high school or college coach. He is not here to mold men. He is here to develop players. There is a difference.
+1
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:I want to just go on record. For the most part Earl is a classy guy. That stunt he pulled about two weeks to turn it around was a problem. But otherwise, he is a good guy. I just don't think he is that good of a coach. He is not a high school or college coach. He is not here to mold men. He is here to develop players. There is a difference.
+1
I second this with a +1
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass