Suns News: Week 3 10/30-11/5

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
sunshoopjunky

Re: Suns News: Week 3 10/30-11/5

Post by sunshoopjunky »

Is this the same board as last year????? It was hard to get any Bender love last year. (Including me)
Phoenix Suns - The art of taking a punch.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

We were just waiting for him to arrive, knowing it wouldn't be at the same time as Chriss. That was frustrating for us.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

sunshoopjunky wrote:Is this the same board as last year????? It was hard to get any Bender love last year. (Including me)
Some of us have said all along that there was some patience needed with the young guys. I don't know if anybody predicted he was going to be a big contributor early on, but there were flashes of talent that were pretty obvious. The question was/is will he put it all together or not.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

carey

Post by carey »

I echo the sentiments of the Solar Panel guys in so much as it matters much more who is closing games versus who is starting them.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Superbone wrote:Chriss has all the tools to be really good. He just needs to put it all together and quit pouting when things don't go his way. From all accounts, he's a great kid off the floor.
He has had some flashes, but in general "He's a great guy" is what people say about someone who is not that good at his job.
"She's got a great personality."
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
sunshoopjunky wrote:Is this the same board as last year????? It was hard to get any Bender love last year. (Including me)
Some of us have said all along that there was some patience needed with the young guys. I don't know if anybody predicted he was going to be a big contributor early on, but there were flashes of talent that were pretty obvious. The question was/is will he put it all together or not.
Exactly. He was only 18 last year and some had already written him off.
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

carey wrote:I echo the sentiments of the Solar Panel guys in so much as it matters much more who is closing games versus who is starting them.
I have no problem with this either and tbh Bender has probably gotten the nod over Chriss at least half the games since Triano took over so that does account for something
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

sunshoopjunky

Post by sunshoopjunky »

I was NOT on board with Bender at all before, during, or after the draft.
But when I saw him make Len Better on D I was on board with him getting more of Chris's minutes. I am excited to see Blender grow.

sunshoopjunky

Post by sunshoopjunky »

Could Bender be what Zarko was supposed to be?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

The Bobster wrote:
+1

I've been one of Bender's biggest supporters all along, and even I can see that we still need a lot of patience with the kid. He still has to show that he can handle pressure and hit shots.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan