Around the League: Week 3 10/30-11/5

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Around the League: Week 3 10/30-11/5

Post by carey »

Nationally televised games this week

Monday: San Antonio @ Boston 7:30 PM EST NBATv, Golden State @ L.A. Clippers 10:30PM EST NBATv
Tuesday: Oklahoma City @ Milwaukee 8:00 PM EST NBATv, Detroit @ L.A. Lakers 10:30 PM EST NBATv
Wednesday: Houston @ NY Knicks 8:00PM EST ESPN, Dallas @ L.A. Clippers 10:30PM EST ESPN
Thursday: Golden State @ San Antonio 8:00PM EST TNT, L.A. Lakers @ Portland 10:30PM EST TNT
Friday: Cleveland @ Washington 7:00PM EST ESPN, Boston @ Oklahoma City 9:30 PM EST ESPN
Saturday: None
Sunday: None

NBA News

Draymond says NBA rulings just don't add up: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2122 ... s-nba-fine

Fultz out at least 3 weeks: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2121 ... der-injury

Westbrook first to trip-doub versus all teams faced: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2120 ... team-faced

Celtics granted an $8.4M exception for Hayward: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2119 ... on-hayward

More when it's not 6 a.m.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Re: Around the League: Week 3 10/30-11/5

Post by Mori Chu »

Glad Philly is shutting down Fultz. It was looking worse to have him out there diminished than to just sit the guy.

carey

Post by carey »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Glad Philly is shutting down Fultz. It was looking worse to have him out there diminished than to just sit the guy.
Can you check your Twitter DMs & hit me back?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/McCallum12/status/924857088924295169

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow, condolences to the D'Antoni family. 103 is very impressive.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Fitting that a D'Antoni would run up the score to 100+. RIP.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

RIP Mr. D'Antoni. 103 is winning.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

NOP lost big to Orlando last night, despite a monster night from Davis. Do they think they have to make the playoffs this year to keep Cousins? I wonder if they panic at some point and offer up draft picks for Bled.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

carey

Post by carey »

O_Gardino wrote:NOP lost big to Orlando last night, despite a monster night from Davis. Do they think they have to make the playoffs this year to keep Cousins? I wonder if they panic at some point and offer up draft picks for Bled.
Ok, forget keeping Cousins. Boogie and AD have grown tight, but the real worry is keeping AD. In fact, I would strongly consider moving Cousins for pieces that fit a more modern day NBA offense were I them.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Ben Simmon's first 7 games - 35.0 Min, 53% FG%, 9.1 Reb, 7.7 Ast, 18.4 Pts

Could the media pull their heads out of their asses and realize that Simmons is the top rookie story this year, not Lonzo Ball?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:NOP lost big to Orlando last night, despite a monster night from Davis. Do they think they have to make the playoffs this year to keep Cousins? I wonder if they panic at some point and offer up draft picks for Bled.
Ok, forget keeping Cousins. Boogie and AD have grown tight, but the real worry is keeping AD. In fact, I would strongly consider moving Cousins for pieces that fit a more modern day NBA offense were I them.
Sure, but what do they think?

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

What was also very interesting was in the 7 Inter Conference games last night, the East went 6 - 1. Sixers, Hornets and Raptors all winning on the road against potential playoff teams. Anybody else realise that Dwight actually looks like a force again :shock: :shock:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

The Bobster wrote:Ben Simmon's first 7 games - 35.0 Min, 53% FG%, 9.1 Reb, 7.7 Ast, 18.4 Pts

Could the media pull their heads out of their asses and realize that Simmons is the top rookie story this year, not Lonzo Ball?
It's not close right now. Simmons is gonna run away with the award.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

bajanguy008 wrote:
What was also very interesting was in the 7 Inter Conference games last night, the East went 6 - 1. Sixers, Hornets and Raptors all winning on the road against potential playoff teams. Anybody else realise that Dwight actually looks like a force again :shock: :shock:
Can it last? Howard and the Hornets are better than they "should" be.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
The Bobster wrote:Ben Simmon's first 7 games - 35.0 Min, 53% FG%, 9.1 Reb, 7.7 Ast, 18.4 Pts

I've watched a lot of the Sixers so far since most of their games come on around 8-8:30am for me, which is right about when I settle into my office in the morning. Unless he gets injured, Simmons is the ROY and it's not even close. I'm really curious how much the year on the bench helped him or if he would've been this good last year.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

carey wrote:
When they're clicking on the same night, it's devastating. The problem is the rest of that roster is complete garbage. Holiday is pretty good, but his contract makes him an overall negative because he's eating up too much of the cap relative to what he's producing on the court.

The smart thing to do would be trade AD or Cousins for a package of young players and picks. They could get a kings ransom for either player. As it is now, it's like they have two Ferraris while living in a studio apartment. Sell one and use it as a deposit on a house.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Split T wrote:

I've watched a lot of the Sixers so far since most of their games come on around 8-8:30am for me, which is right about when I settle into my office in the morning. Unless he gets injured, Simmons is the ROY and it's not even close. I'm really curious how much the year on the bench helped him or if he would've been this good last year.
Gonna become a walking triple double soon. I'm sure he's learned a bit, but I think he would have been pretty good last year as well.

Interesting thought, take the last 5 drafts, pick the players one by one, how many picks before you pick one from the US?

1. Antetekounmpo
2. Towns
3. Pozingis
4. Gobert
5. Embiid
6. Simmons
7. Jokic

McCollum, Turner, and Booker are probably next. Hard to know where this year's rookies fit in at this point.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hezonja and okafor both had 4th year options declined.

carey

Post by carey »

I do not understand why you decline the Okafor option. It makes him less tradable now.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!