Around the League: Week 3 10/30-11/5

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Around the League: Week 3 10/30-11/5

Post by bajanguy008 »

The Bobster wrote:LeBron with 57 pts, 11 Reb, 7 Ast, 2 Blk in Cleveland's win tonight.
Credit to Bron for being relentless but gotta say Scott Brooks has always puzzled me since OKC when he insisted on playing Perkins because he supposedly made them better defensively lol. The Cavs role players have been a mess this season, weren't exactly on fire last night either, Bron is playing the whole 2nd half..... With 38pts after 3 , at what point was he gonna say Ok the others have to beat us smh lol. Bron was backing down from the 3pt line with Wall as the primary defender (another head scratcher) and the doubles were coming late if not at all
They deserved to get torched
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Wiz also are guilty of poking the bear. Whenever they are about to play Cleveland they talk a bunch of trash about how they are just as good as CLE, that they are the best team in the East, etc. In the Jordan era you learned, you just don't diss/insult/challenge MJ directly before a game. Because if you give him extra motivation, he may just come out and torch you.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:The Wiz also are guilty of poking the bear. Whenever they are about to play Cleveland they talk a bunch of trash about how they are just as good as CLE, that they are the best team in the East, etc. In the Jordan era you learned, you just don't diss/insult/challenge MJ directly before a game. Because if you give him extra motivation, he may just come out and torch you.
Yea that Wiz chatter thing is true and it's not a good look for them when they keep losing after those claims. Disappointed in Wall who maybe making a habit of leaving Beal hanging when it comes to bringing it in said matchups
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The 1-8 Hawks are currently whooping the Cavs. Man this Cavs team is in some deep trouble. I don't think it is just an early season swoon, either. I really think they have deep problems with that roster that Lebron himself cannot fix.

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:The 1-8 Hawks are currently whooping the Cavs. Man this Cavs team is in some deep trouble. I don't think it is just an early season swoon, either. I really think they have deep problems with that roster that Lebron himself cannot fix.
Here's hoping that LeBron makes the Cavs give up that Brooklyn pick in some sort of deal for Bledsoe. Highly unlikely, but one can dream, right?

Cap

Post by Cap »

BigLewy wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:The 1-8 Hawks are currently whooping the Cavs. Man this Cavs team is in some deep trouble. I don't think it is just an early season swoon, either. I really think they have deep problems with that roster that Lebron himself cannot fix.
Here's hoping that LeBron makes the Cavs give up that Brooklyn pick in some sort of deal for Bledsoe. Highly unlikely, but one can dream, right?
One can dream, but I think this particular dream has been posted enough.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
BigLewy wrote:
One can dream, but I think this particular dream has been posted enough.
Let's think it into existance!
"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

They are in such a standoff in Cleveland. If LeBron commits to stay, they will trade the pick for Bledsoe. But LeBron won’t commit.

All scuttlebut, no provable source.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

How about Harden last night with 56 points and 13 assists against a Jazz team that people keep telling me is the best defensive team in the NBA. 45.6% usage. Great night for him.

Cavs lose tot the Hawks. I look at the box score and don't even recognize the names of most Hawks players. Cavs have no heart. I don't care about IT and Thomas being out; that team should still kill the Hawks. No. Heart.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

O_Gardino wrote:How about Harden last night with 56 points and 13 assists against a Jazz team that people keep telling me is the best defensive team in the NBA. 45.6% usage. Great night for him.

Cavs lose tot the Hawks. I look at the box score and don't even recognize the names of most Hawks players. Cavs have no heart. I don't care about IT and Thomas being out; that team should still kill the Hawks. No. Heart.
That's kind of where you end up when your all-world star is a lame duck. If LeBron won't commit to the team, why would anyone else commit to anything either. That is why Kyrie got out of there.

LeBron is already out of there. You can see it in his eyes. Anyone remember in the playoffs when LeBron was playing for Miami and losing, and he looked up at the jumbotron and saw that Cleveland had won the lottery again. You could see it in his eyes. He was gone as of that moment.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

JCSunsfan wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:How about Harden last night with 56 points and 13 assists against a Jazz team that people keep telling me is the best defensive team in the NBA. 45.6% usage. Great night for him.

That's kind of where you end up when your all-world star is a lame duck. If LeBron won't commit to the team, why would anyone else commit to anything either. That is why Kyrie got out of there.

LeBron is already out of there. You can see it in his eyes. Anyone remember in the playoffs when LeBron was playing for Miami and losing, and he looked up at the jumbotron and saw that Cleveland had won the lottery again. You could see it in his eyes. He was gone as of that moment.
For a lot of those guys, it's their last or first shot at a championship. LeBron, Wade, Korver all had great scoring nights. IF anybody else just plays some defense, they could be right there in the mix. Those guys should not be playing arm-chair GM and playing for next year. They should be playing for a ring right now.

Bottom line for me is that the Cavs need a new coach.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

O_Gardino wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:

For a lot of those guys, it's their last or first shot at a championship. LeBron, Wade, Korver all had great scoring nights. IF anybody else just plays some defense, they could be right there in the mix. Those guys should not be playing arm-chair GM and playing for next year. They should be playing for a ring right now.

BTW. IT is not going to help that team. He is not a facilitator. He is a midget ball hog who will keep the ball out of LeBron's hands. He is a short, poor man's Kyrie.

Cap

Post by Cap »

JCSunsfan wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:

BTW. IT is not going to help that team. He is not a facilitator. He is a midget ball hog who will keep the ball out of LeBron's hands. He is a short, poor man's Kyrie.
They went to three straight Finals with Kyrie, so I don't see why a "poor man's Kyrie" would be such a bad thing for that team.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don't think poor man's Kyrie is fair. IT was better than Kyrie last year.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:I don't think poor man's Kyrie is fair. IT was better than Kyrie last year.
They were very similar. If one was better than the other, it wasn't by a lot.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cap wrote:
Split T wrote:I don't think poor man's Kyrie is fair. IT was better than Kyrie last year.
True.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... 02&y2=2017

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Cap wrote:
IT didn't have to share the ball much on the offensive end.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Early projections would give the Suns the 6th anf 9th picks and Cleveland the 4th pick -

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... id=rrpromo

Would Bledsoe and Miami's pick for Shumpert or Frye + filler and Brooklyn's pick be a good trade for both teams?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think it's probably fair value. Bled + 9 for 4 + filler. Problem is I don't think miami stays at 9. Probably have to put top 3-5 protection on it for Cleveland to consider.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Cleveland would get the 4th pick how exactly? Do you mean the Brooklyn pick?