Game Day Suns @ Wizards

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day Suns @ Wizards

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:Let's give Chriss a little credit too.
One of his better games and he had a nice impact to end the game.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:WIN. OF. THE. SEASON.
Who would have thunk it after that miserable 0-3 start?!
"Be Legendary."

EDC

Post by EDC »

Who is the other guy behind TJ. One has to be DJJ but not sure who the 13th player is?

Is it Davon? What happened to Peters?

edit: Ah, Peters is on a two way as well he is probably up in Prescott sitting out this road trip.

edit2: It is Davon. Interesting that he is traveling with the team but Williams isn't. Didn't they both have the same type of knee injury? I guess Reed's wasn't as serious.
Last edited by EDC on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:

https://twitter.com/JaredDudley619/status/925923888625799168

Let's start trading off some of these guys. This optimism from some of you is absurd! Team is just playing well but will come back to earth and suck.
Love the pic! Thanks for posting AIG.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:We look like a bad team, who played last night, now playing a top 3 EC team. This seems about right.
How about now?
Better. 8-)
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

What a game. I started the game thread and posted the preview from a Bullets fan place. Remember this?

Win probabilities: Washington has an 88 percent chance of winning according to Kevin Broom’s win predictor and an 86 percent chance according to FiveThirtyEight.

What a freaking stretch by the Suns! What an entertaining game! The Bullets were seriously pissed off at the end. How dare this crappy young Suns team come into our house and beat us! 4 out of last 5. After looking like the lint from underneath the doormat at the start of the season to this stretch after firing the coach?

I hate making critical comments about coaches because we miss a lot of what they do behind the scenes. Having said that there s no denying something has changed and it’s more than Bledsoe. The chemistry seems to be good and a little more intense and you can’t argue with the way the team is playing. Hats off to Triano.

Sorry but, Chandler has been pretty solid. If you are getting ten boards a game, then you are doing your job. They have gotten better at lobbing the ball to him as a team. Gortat and Chandler going at it was entertaining. I miss the Polish hammer. He is a solid center. Len was solid. He is really getting it. Really don’t know why he isn’t starting but, coming off the bench allows him to play against their bench guy and that might be helping his confidence.

Mike James had a bad shooting game. It happens.

Warren had his monster game. It seems 90% of his shots come from him slashing through the lane and somebody finding him. I don’t know if teams will figure out a way to stop that.

This game reminded me of the one the other night where they came from behind and almost won. They couldn’t score in the last 2 minutes and it cost them the game. This time they didn’t choke.

You half empty guys are allowed to enjoy games/stretch like this. After that start it has to bring at least a little smile.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Nodack wrote:What a game. I started the game thread and posted the preview from a Bullets fan place. Remember this?

Win probabilities: Washington has an 88 percent chance of winning according to Kevin Broom’s win predictor and an 86 percent chance according to FiveThirtyEight.
Great job with the Game Thread by the way, and very original take, posting the other team’s perspective. And just when I thought that this wline ould be the only smile I would enjoy tonight

Injury Report

Suns: Eric Bledsoe (Out, Still at the hair salon, not sure when he’ll be back)

The guys go out and play toe to toe, with one the top teams in the east, at their turf, in a back to back. A really valuable win, that will do wonders for our confidence.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I enjoy when Superbone goes back through the first couple pages of the Game Day thread and calls ass on everybody's bad predictions / hand-wringing (and praising the folks who nail their prognostications).

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Nodack wrote:What a game. I started the game thread and posted the preview from a Bullets fan place. Remember this?

Great job with the Game Thread by the way, and very original take, posting the other team’s perspective. And just when I thought that this wline ould be the only smile I would enjoy tonight

Injury Report

Suns: Eric Bledsoe (Out, Still at the hair salon, not sure when he’ll be back)

The guys go out and play toe to toe, with one the top teams in the east, at their turf, in a back to back. A really valuable win, that will do wonders for our confidence.
Seeing their guys give their team an 88% chance of winning and seeing them lose is very satisfying. I am still stoked about the win. It’s been a long time since the Suns won 4/5 like this, especially after last season and the start of this season.

Cinderella Team

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I love what Triano's been doing (one example: The team always seems to come out focused after halftime - the opposite of what happened under Watson), but if I can pick one nit, he seems to be a little too deadset on adhering to his 1s replace 1s, 2s replace 2s, 3s replace 3s, etc. policy. It's working for now, but he's going to have to mix it up a little at some point because A) there will be situations that call for it and B) 4 of our 5 key young pieces play at 2 positions.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Nodack wrote:The Bullets were seriously pissed off at the end. How dare this crappy young Suns team come into our house and beat us! 4 out of last 5.
They should've been pissed. I would've been as well if I was a Wiz fan. The loss to the Lakers was barely acceptable, but this one has to sting a lot more. I haven't looked at the schedule, but I'd bet those guys have it marked down as an important one now.
Nodack wrote:Mike James had a bad shooting game. It happens.
Agreed. His best role is off the bench, but he's our best PG right now, and that's just fine with the expectations of the team. He's doing well and we should expect this to happen every handful of games.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Split T wrote:You've got to be in AZ though for sling to work, right? League pass is great for those out of state. I'm in Utah and only the jazz games are blacked out. Well and the nationally televised ones.
I live in SLC and what has been cool so far this season is that the Jazz games haven't been blacked out on League Pass. Usually they are, but for some reason they've been working for me all season long. I'm not using a VPN or anything, just League Pass using the NBA app on Roku.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Awesome win. Glad they hung in there. They looked dead in the water for most of the first half. I'll give props to Chandler for not being a total turn style on D tonight. He looked a little better out there.

Huge game from TJ. He has a special instinct for getting the ball in the hoop. Not many people have what he has. Hope he can continue to figure it out. And he even hit a clutch corner 3!

LEn looked pretty ferocious out there as well fighting for rebounds and getting put backs.

The only thing I fear about the Suns winning is the FO jumping the gun and taking the interim tag off Triano. The Suns love impulsive moves like that. I just pray that they take the entire season to evaluate him.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Split T

Post by Split T »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Split T wrote:You've got to be in AZ though for sling to work, right? League pass is great for those out of state. I'm in Utah and only the jazz games are blacked out. Well and the nationally televised ones.
I live in SLC and what has been cool so far this season is that the Jazz games haven't been blacked out on League Pass. Usually they are, but for some reason they've been working for me all season long. I'm not using a VPN or anything, just League Pass using the NBA app on Roku.
Interesting, i don't have league pass this year, but last year the jazz games were blacked out.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

djy2j wrote:Awesome win. Glad they hung in there. They looked dead in the water for most of the first half. I'll give props to Chandler for not being a total turn style on D tonight. He looked a little better out there.

Huge game from TJ. He has a special instinct for getting the ball in the hoop. Not many people have what he has. Hope he can continue to figure it out. And he even hit a clutch corner 3!

LEn looked pretty ferocious out there as well fighting for rebounds and getting put backs.

The only thing I fear about the Suns winning is the FO jumping the gun and taking the interim tag off Triano. The Suns love impulsive moves like that. I just pray that they take the entire season to evaluate him.
You cannot have shoot first point guards with a player like TJ on the floor. His offensive game will totally be lost. This is why this team is playing so much better without Bledsoe.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

JCSunsfan wrote:
djy2j wrote:Awesome win. Glad they hung in there. They looked dead in the water for most of the first half. I'll give props to Chandler for not being a total turn style on D tonight. He looked a little better out there.

You cannot have shoot first point guards with a player like TJ on the floor. His offensive game will totally be lost. This is why this team is playing so much better without Bledsoe.
It's more about guys knowing their role and everybody buying into moving the ball. James is a scoring guard, but we are fine with him on the floor, because he doesn't try to drive the whole offense. It's a team effort.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

I'd be interested to see how Warren plays with Ulis as opposed to James. James has been fine, but I really think the combination of Warren/ulis helps out both players.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ulis also tends to fit really well with Booker. I like the trio of Ulis/Booker/Warren all out there at the same time, presumably as starters.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:I love what Triano's been doing (one example: The team always seems to come out focused after halftime - the opposite of what happened under Watson), but if I can pick one nit, he seems to be a little too deadset on adhering to his 1s replace 1s, 2s replace 2s, 3s replace 3s, etc. policy. It's working for now, but he's going to have to mix it up a little at some point because A) there will be situations that call for it and B) 4 of our 5 key young pieces play at 2 positions.
I saw him play Len and Chandler for a short period of time early on. I agree with you, but Triano explained it as simplifying the offense from a positional standpoint for the young guys. It seems to be working, and eventually they will slowly introduce a little bit of variation. At least I think he will.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I enjoy when Superbone goes back through the first couple pages of the Game Day thread and calls ass on everybody's bad predictions / hand-wringing (and praising the folks who nail their prognostications).
Ha! Glad you like it. It's all in fun. And great game day thread, Nodack!
"Be Legendary."