Game Day Suns @ Wizards

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day Suns @ Wizards

Post by Split T »

You've got to be in AZ though for sling to work, right? League pass is great for those out of state. I'm in Utah and only the jazz games are blacked out. Well and the nationally televised ones.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:You've got to be in AZ though for sling to work, right? League pass is great for those out of state. I'm in Utah and only the jazz games are blacked out. Well and the nationally televised ones.
I have Sling and do not get fsaz where I live. I do like it better than cable, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Warren has 99 points in 4 games. Go TJ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

As for the game, it was a beauty. Tj Warren was phenomenal. Best game I've seen him play. Booker was pretty good and for the most part just took what the defense gave him and smartly deferred to Warren.

James was really the only one who struggled. He couldn't defend Wall or Beal. Was kinda strange to see the opposing team go after whoever Booker wasn't guarding as they attacked James over and over with wall and Beal. His shot was off too, but I think he had pretty good looks.

Jackson, Chriss, and Bender all had some moments and I thought played pretty well overall. Chriss rebounded well, hit that big 3 and had that nice putback!

I've enjoyed Bender attacking the rim. He played good D as well and his stroke is looking solid.

Jackson didn't take any bad shots and had a couple nice moves, but really didn't get to play much with Warren on fire.

Solid win and I'm loving this team right now. I don't think we're a playoff team and I think we'll still have some struggles, but I think we might continue to surprise a bit.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

yes, league pass may do the job if you're out of state
for sling, enter your zipcode to see what the local sports broadcasts they carry

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

I think we really miss Memet Okur coaching our bigs on how to play.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

I am not sure why we would want to include Chandler in any trade. This is the Chandler we signed up for.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

I am not sure I want to do any trades right now. The chemistry on this team, and balance is pretty good. Maybe we should just give Bled a vacation year.

Oh. The Cavs lost again.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JustWinBaby wrote:I am not sure why we would want to include Chandler in any trade. This is the Chandler we signed up for.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand you lost me.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Let’s not pretend like we’re anywhere close to a finished product. And we are not simply a few years from contending as constructed. This roster still has serious flaws. I would hope a few wins does not make us lose sight of that.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

specialsauce wrote:Let’s not pretend like we’re anywhere close to a finished product. And we are not simply a few years from contending as constructed. This roster still has serious flaws. I would hope a few wins does not make us lose sight of that.
Yup yup. This run has been really fun and encouraging, but I still expect this year to be a bit of a rollercoaster. Teams will adjust and start taking us more seriously soon. We will have a few close games not go our way. There will be a couple of really uninspiring games somewhere in the middle of the season that frustrates us. But as long we keep seeing good stretches out of the young guys, we will be moving in the right direction. All of them still have a long way to go. As an example. I think we have all come down to earth a bit over the last few games on Jackson. I still have major confidence in him, but as with most young guys, he is still a project.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

specialsauce wrote:
JustWinBaby wrote:I am not sure why we would want to include Chandler in any trade. This is the Chandler we signed up for.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand you lost me.
Chandler is playing his ass off and appears to love playing with these guys. That was not the case with Watson as coach. This team needs his leadership. That is why he was signed in the first place.

We are so lucky that we got blown out and embarrassed in two of our first three games. I doubt I could have watched another season with Watson as our coach. I am now watching every minute of every game and all the post games shows and interviews. That has not happened since Amare left town.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

specialsauce wrote:Let’s not pretend like we’re anywhere close to a finished product. And we are not simply a few years from contending as constructed. This roster still has serious flaws. I would hope a few wins does not make us lose sight of that.
and I thought I was the Debbie downer on this board.............

I do not know what you are seeing but there are SEVERAL players on this roster that could be around when it is a finished product.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Okay man, keep convincing yourself that. I won’t take your hope away from you, no matter how crazy I think it is.

Booker, Warren, and Jackson are the only core pieces I see. Bender can grow into a good complementary player along with Ulis. Everyone else is expendable. And we are definitely lacking another star, as well as a starting PG and a cast of shooters. We are in no position to say Tyson Chandler “shouldn’t be included in any trade.”

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Actually, ANYBODY is expendable in the right deal.

Still, I think Booker, Jackson, Warren and Len can be rotation players on a good team, and Ulis, Bender and Chriss have shown varying degrees of promise. We still have to see where Knight, Williams, Reed and whatever we get for Bledsoe fit.

I can see this team winning maybe 35 games, and if you're relying on the young guys I can live with that.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

https://twitter.com/JaredDudley619/status/925923888625799168

Let's start trading off some of these guys. This optimism from some of you is absurd! Team is just playing well but will come back to earth and suck.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Life is better when you're winning.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:We look like a bad team, who played last night, now playing a top 3 EC team. This seems about right.
How about now?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:I caught a few minutes of the game on KTAR. No Al McCoy. What's up?
I'd like to know too.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:TJ at his finest tonight
Was he ever!
"Be Legendary."