Game Day Suns @ Wizards

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JustWinBaby

Re: Game Day Suns @ Wizards

Post by JustWinBaby »

djy2j wrote:Awesome win. Glad they hung in there. They looked dead in the water for most of the first half. I'll give props to Chandler for not being a total turn style on D tonight. He looked a little better out there.

Huge game from TJ. He has a special instinct for getting the ball in the hoop. Not many people have what he has. Hope he can continue to figure it out. And he even hit a clutch corner 3!

LEn looked pretty ferocious out there as well fighting for rebounds and getting put backs.

The only thing I fear about the Suns winning is the FO jumping the gun and taking the interim tag off Triano. The Suns love impulsive moves like that. I just pray that they take the entire season to evaluate him.
I agree with you on Triano but I also want to go after the Debbie downers that suggest that we do not have the talent to compete down the road. Certainly we could use a couple of more pieces but that is what the draft, free agency and trades are all about. I had many things I didn't like about Watson but the main thing was that he did not develop our draft picks. Hell Bender hardly played and he let Chriss do whatever he wanted to. Bender has shown signs of being a legitimate problem to deal with down the road on both ends of the court and the same goes for Len. Chriss has been horrible prior to last night but he played really well and had 10 rebounds. I think maybe the Triano method of yanking his ass when he is not doing the right things versus taking him out to dinner is sending a message and it appears that Chriss has read the memo. Bender is getting a chance to play and he is contributing. I wanted no part of Alex Len coming into the season or after the first 3 games, since Triano took over I can see him with us for a very long time.

I know it is early but I can see the following players being big contributors for us down the road. I see them all more than just role players. They all are capable of playing both ends of the court with the proper coaching. That is why the evaluation for both our coach and our young players needs to extend at least until the next off season prior to making any other rash moves or trades. I would not include any of the following guys in any trades at this point.

Alex Len, Bender,Chriss, Warren, Josh Jackson and Booker

While I like both James and Ulis at the Point it would be nice if we can trade Bledsoe for another option at the point. However I think it is wise to keep both Chandler and Dudley with the current group, unless they are needed in a trade to pick up a valuable piece. The chemistry appears to be off the charts at this point, why screw it up?

Hopefully the Cavs continue to suck and Lebron does his GM thing while forcing the Cavs to trade the Brooklyn pick for Bledsoe.

The best part of the whole situation is that I no longer have to watch or listen to Earl Watson.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

So you start by “wanting to go after” people who say this roster still needs work, and then say the exact same thing. :roll:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Seeing rumors that we are in trade talks with Detroit focusing on Bledsoe for Reggie Jackson. Barf. No effing thank you.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:I'd be interested to see how Warren plays with Ulis as opposed to James. James has been fine, but I really think the combination of Warren/ulis helps out both players.
Too small a sample to really draw conclusions, but James / Warren has been a very effective pairing this season.

I love how the ball moves with Ulis, but he hasn't been an effective shooter or defender yet this season. He played better at the end of last season, so I think he'll get back to that level.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Seeing rumors that we are in trade talks with Detroit focusing on Bledsoe for Reggie Jackson. Barf. No effing thank you.
Mister October? Too late.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Cap

Post by Cap »

Y'know, at .800, Triano has the highest winning percentage of any head coach in the league this season.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Cap wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Seeing rumors that we are in trade talks with Detroit focusing on Bledsoe for Reggie Jackson. Barf. No effing thank you.
Mister October? Too late.
Go Stros!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Split T wrote:You've got to be in AZ though for sling to work, right? League pass is great for those out of state. I'm in Utah and only the jazz games are blacked out. Well and the nationally televised ones.
I live in SLC and what has been cool so far this season is that the Jazz games haven't been blacked out on League Pass. Usually they are, but for some reason they've been working for me all season long. I'm not using a VPN or anything, just League Pass using the NBA app on Roku.
Same location (suburb) and same for me with the Jazz. They are almost tolerable if you don't have to listen to Bolerjack and Harpring....

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

specialsauce wrote:So you start by “wanting to go after” people who say this roster still needs work, and then say the exact same thing. :roll:
You quite the genius. You never seem to be wrong about anything. The eye roll tells the story of who you really are.

I just think we need to give some time for Bender, Chriss and Len to play under a coach that appears to know what he is doing prior to including them in any trades. I would not include any of them in a Bledsoe deal just to get rid of Bledsoe. I also would not dump Chandler to get rid of Bledsoe unless the return is really special.

Seems to me that you do not think anyone on this roster has any long term value other than Booker, Warren and Jackson.

You seem to think that Bender, Chriss and Len will only roll players, down the road. I disagree.
I wanted Monty as our coach since D'Antoni left town. Nice choice James Jones.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JustWinBaby wrote:
specialsauce wrote:So you start by “wanting to go after” people who say this roster still needs work, and then say the exact same thing. :roll:

You quite the genius. You never seem to be wrong about anything. The eye roll tells the story of who you really are.
We’re done here.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I enjoy when Superbone goes back through the first couple pages of the Game Day thread and calls ass on everybody's bad predictions / hand-wringing (and praising the folks who nail their prognostications).
I enjoy when people get offended by this. Makes me laugh.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.