Game Day: Suns (4-5) @ Spurs (5-4), Sun 11/5/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: Game Day: Suns (4-5) @ Spurs (5-4), Sun 11/5/17

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:We need a PG kinda. James on the short leash and Ulis is just... short.
And Bleds is sitting home cause he's a jerk, and AASE is hurt and sucks anyway... It's something that will definitely have to be addressed in the offseason, if not sooner.

Man, what a sucky third quarter.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This game has me really upset. I hate the Spurs, and they get away with holding & grabbing, bit our centers won't show on PnR is killing the Suns. Easy shots for their guards.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

Jackson looking like a rookie, Suns looking like traditional Suns with no center presence, but very nontraditional, with no leadership from the point.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So weak. Spurs up 15 and they call a foul on Bender after he blocked the shot from behind and the Spurs player flopped. These refs suck!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Won't have K-Ray on Sundays because of football.
OK, cool for Leander then. At least he gets to call a handful of games during the year.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:Wait a min, am I a jinx. 9 - 0 run as soon as I start watching smh
Ah, so it was YOUR fault.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What'd I miss?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Games like this really piss me off. Nothing to build on feom this game. Pretty much 48 mins of 1 on 1 basketball. Gross. And im not buying that they are tired from the road trip. They are the 2nd youngest team. It's early in the season. They should be just fine.

Chriss has got to be moved out of the lineup. He's not hitting any shots and other teams known that they dont need to guard him. He doesn't do anything well right now.

Booker forced everything all night. His minutes were weird also.

Ulis needs to start hitting shots. I think hes done OK running the offense but he's got to hit open shots.

I liked DJJ defense albeit in garbage time.

I wondered what it would take to get Dudley in the game. I think this team needs his stabalizing presence on the court for the moment. Id even consider giving him Chriss mins for awhile.

And fuck the Spurs.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ok, so now we’re starting to settle into our reality after the coaching change bounce. We’re not the worst team in the league but we’re young and are going to lose more than we win. We’re not Sacramento or Dallas bad but we’ll still be in the bottom ten of the league with the Hawks and Cavs of the world.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

You're comparing us to the Cavs?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

More like comparing the Cavs to us.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Yes the refs were not so great, but i still feel like we don't make our opponents work that hard to beat us.

We dont have CJ McCullom or Lillard on this team, yet everything on O is on the perimeter. We make 3-4 pointless passes which dont actually create anything and chew up the shot clock and then run a very rushed pnr. Both today and the knicks game you could see the defense just over playing on the perimeter more and more and have someone back to cover any backdoor cuts. When we go in an offensive lull, can we just get it to booker or tj on that curl near the foul line!? Those guys are great at that yet we kept jacking up 3's. Run something for booker in the post occasionally so the defense actually has to think about something different. A little Bender and len high low? Please get into the offense set faster, we act like there is no shot clock, then with 10 seconds left we suddenly remember there is one.

i'm not against a little bit of Dudley if we go into a lull. He plays the right way and plays team ball. Sets a nice example.
Some the stuff looks easy to correct even to me, so the frustration comes from that.

I'm just really unhappy with our offense the last few games as it looks quite unwatchable at times and the young guys need to learn a decent system. Stop passing without purpose

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:You're comparing us to the Cavs?
It was a joke. I just wanted to see if you were paying attention. The good news is that you passed.
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:Wait a min, am I a jinx. 9 - 0 run as soon as I start watching smh
Ah, so it was YOUR fault.
I'm really bummed about that. Would have thought they would play better when "they knew" I was watching lol. Well would have been nice to finally get one over on Spurs and I wouldn't have cared one bit that Kawhi being out would have been mentioned as a factor
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:Ok, so now we’re starting to settle into our reality after the coaching change bounce. We’re not the worst team in the league but we’re young and are going to lose more than we win. We’re not Sacramento or Dallas bad but we’ll still be in the bottom ten of the league with the Hawks and Cavs of the world.
Yep. We will be better than this game a lot of nights, but we will be this bad a lot of nights, too.

All I ask is that our energy and movement continue and that our gys are generally learning and improving as the season goes on.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

EDC

Post by EDC »

The Spurs took advantage of the fact that our centers don't cover the pick and role and instead stay in the lane. So many wide open threes off of the screen.

Chriss got torched. To be fair Aldridge torched everyone that guarded him but man Chriss' body language is not good.

Booker was throwing a lot of sloppy passes. He needs to handle the defensive pressure a little better.

Ulis needs to get some damn confidence from the three point line. He passes up so many open threes. They were straight up sagging off of him.

On defense we still get lost. We will play good defense for the first 15 seconds but then kinda space out and leave someone wide open. Most of the time it is because the young guys are a bit over eager to help on defense. This should improve as the season goes along.

One of the most annoying things to watch is when the other team gets an offensive rebound. I swear three of the guys on any given offensive rebound are just standing there covering no one and not helping to secure the board. Like deer caught in the headlights.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Only 2 pages for a Game Day thread against the hated Spurs? Sad times.

Having said that, I myself missed this one because I am out of town. On a trip to Maui this week with my lovely wife! Living the dream. We are taking one last fun trip before our baby comes in Feb. Gotta have a little bit of fun before we have to focus on parenting stuff for the next 18 years straight.

Don't mind that we lost this one. Close-ish Ls are always fine by me this year.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Only 2 pages for a Game Day thread against the hated Spurs? Sad times.

Having said that, I myself missed this one because I am out of town. On a trip to Maui this week with my lovely wife! Living the dream. We are taking one last fun trip before our baby comes in Feb. Gotta have a little bit of fun before we have to focus on parenting stuff for the next 18 years straight.

Don't mind that we lost this one. Close-ish Ls are always fine by me this year.
Oh that explains it, none of us can fault you for not being around :) . Enjoy man 8-)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)