Suns News: Week 4 11/6-11/12

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Suns News: Week 4 11/6-11/12

Post by carey »

Last Week's Games

@ Brooklyn WIN 122-114
@ Washington WIN 122-116
@ New York LOSS 120-107
@ San Antonio LOSS 112-95

This Week's Games

Monday, November 6th vs. Brooklyn 9:00PM EST
Wednesday, November 8th vs. Miami 9:00PM EST
Friday, November 10th vs. Orlando 9:00PM EST
Saturday, November 11th vs. Minnesota 9:00PM EST

Suns Stories

Bledsoe fined $10K for "I don't wanna be here" tweet. - http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2131 ... here-tweet

Suns end week 3 at 4-6 for the season. - https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2017 ... the-season

Video: TJ Warren's career night. - https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2017 ... knicks-nba

Suns holding off on Bledsoe deal in hopes of more value. - http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/h ... 803396001/

Suns power rankings. - http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/h ... 768954001/
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Re: Suns News: Week 4 11/6-11/12

Post by Superbone »

Wise joined ESPN's SportsCenter and says it seems like the Phoenix Suns front office is holding back on some great trade offers for Eric Bledsoe to "spite him."
Give me a break!
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:
Wise joined ESPN's SportsCenter and says it seems like the Phoenix Suns front office is holding back on some great trade offers for Eric Bledsoe to "spite him."
Give me a break!
Stupesss :roll: :roll: :roll:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Give me a break!
That is so stupid. That's why they are letting him use the training facilities and working with team personnel. There would be much easier ways to spite him that would be less costly to the organization.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Did this wise guy say what the trade offers were?

Dellevadova + Henson
Mudiay + Faried
Two firsts and Ajinca + Asik

Those are the trades that seem to be on the table. Would we get picks from Denver and Milwaukee? You'd have to assume so as that Milwaukee offer is garbage. None of those offers are great

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

ESPN is a gossip network, not a news network. Don't pay them any attention. (or money)
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/FOXSPORTSAZ/status/927627017448591360

"Be Legendary."

EDC

Post by EDC »

https://twitter.com/FOXSPORTSAZ/status/927698888005369856

We have fallen back down after the high of having a new coach but this is a really good point. Triano really hasn't had much time to get his system set up. We had a couple home games then this pretty rough road trip.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

EDC wrote:

https://twitter.com/FOXSPORTSAZ/status/927698888005369856

We have fallen back down after the high of having a new coach but this is a really good point. Triano really hasn't had much time to get his system set up. We had a couple home games then this pretty rough road trip.
8 games in 16 days, including 5 on the road. Not too tough a schedule for a team that had training camp, etc. But we are staring almost from scratch.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

https://twitter.com/SunsBballComm/status/927960205551271936

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I thought DJJ played very well at the end of the game. He was all over the place. Made it really hard for the Nets to score or run anything his way. I was hoping that he earned time in the rotation, but it looks like they want to see him play more, just not in Phx.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

I still dont think DJJ even deserved a spot on the roster. Ho hum.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Split T

Post by Split T »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I still dont think DJJ even deserved a spot on the roster. Ho hum.
I think he's worth developing. He's a special athlete and has already shown some defensive skill. G league is probably where he should be right now though. He needs playing time. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we cut him when James gets his contract picked up and then we sign him to the two way contract. Assuming no one else gives him a NBA deal. Is that even allowed? Is it 2 two-way contracts at a time or for the season?

Side note: I really want the G league to become a real minor league. Guys like Chriss and Bender would have benefited greatly playing there all last year.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I still dont think DJJ even deserved a spot on the roster. Ho hum.

Agreed. I think we as a board and the Suns see these prospects up on a pedestal when in reality most of our prospects are low level and certainly not upper echelon young guys. If any 1 of Bender, Chriss, Ulis, DJJ, Davon Reed makes an all star team, I would be surprised. They are, I think, all destined to be 6th-10th men in this league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:

Agreed. I think we as a board and the Suns see these prospects up on a pedestal when in reality most of our prospects are low level and certainly not upper echelon young guys. If any 1 of Bender, Chriss, Ulis, DJJ, Davon Reed makes an all star team, I would be surprised. They are, I think, all destined to be 6th-10th men in this league.
Not everybody (most don't) make the all-star team. We don't need everybody on the roster on the all-star team. (Then we would be the Warriors. ;))
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Bender probably has the best shot because of his physical attributes and defensive awareness. The biggest hurdle for him is his personality

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Not everybody (most don't) make the all-star team. We don't need everybody on the roster on the all-star team. (Then we would be the Warriors. ;))
Sorry I disagree. If we’re going to spend 4-5 years invested in a young player and tanking, it better be for players worth investing in. To spend that time developing 2 top 10 picks and have them become your 7th man is a huge disappointment. You don’t build your team around blossoming bench fodder.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Sorry I disagree. If we’re going to spend 4-5 years invested in a young player and tanking, it better be for players worth investing in. To spend that time developing 2 top 10 picks and have them become your 7th man is a huge disappointment. You don’t build your team around blossoming bench fodder.
Only one team in the Association has 4 all-stars. I'll take 3.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Len, Warren, Booker, Bender, Chriss, Jackson.

Those are our lottery picks since 2013. We picked 5th, 14th, 13th, 4th, 8th, 4th. Kinda sucks that 2 of the 3 drafts we had top 5 picks in ended up being pretty crappy drafts. Luckily we made a great pick with Booker. If he's the only all star or near all star level player out of this group I'll be disappointed, but look at the picks individually and it's hard to find fault in them. No obvious picks after our guys that we should have made instead.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Shit I’d take 1.

We’re not the wolves, sixers, bucks who have built teams around young guys. Our players are much, much lower prospects and yet we’re preaching the same patience for what?? It’s like we’re building our bench of the future. It’s backwards as hell!