Suns News: Week 4 11/6-11/12

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns News: Week 4 11/6-11/12

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Split T wrote:Tatum has been pretty good. Mitchell has had some moments, but been pretty inefficient too.
Yeah, I've got to give Tatum credit. So far, he's a step or two above the Fox / Ntilikina / Jackson level.
It's a ceiling/floor thing. It will be interesting to see how they all pan out. Jackson has shown flashes. Can't wait to see him 3 years down the line after he's got grown man strength and NBA wisdom.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Split T wrote:Tatum has been pretty good. Mitchell has had some moments, but been pretty inefficient too.
Yeah, I've got to give Tatum credit. So far, he's a step or two above the Fox / Ntilikina / Jackson level.
It's a ceiling/floor thing. It will be interesting to see how they all pan out. Jackson has shown flashes. Can't wait to see him 3 years down the line after he's got grown man strength and NBA wisdom.
Always good to remember that the first month of a players career isn't the end all be all. Remember how to tyreke Evans went 20/5/5 as a rookie and never matched that again. Guys like Tatum, kuzma, and Collins are the better players now, but it's gonna be great to see all the Jackson haters on here have to eat their words.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Always good to remember that the first month of a players career isn't the end all be all. Remember how to tyreke Evans went 20/5/5 as a rookie and never matched that again. Guys like Tatum, kuzma, and Collins are the better players now, but it's gonna be great to see all the Jackson haters on here have to eat their words.
Who are the haters, though? Aren't there just a few of us saying we like Jackson, but would have preferred a point guard?
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Cap

Post by Cap »

We should have gotten Fox and Monk. Are we the Suns or not?

Split T

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:
Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Who are the haters, though? Aren't there just a few of us saying we like Jackson, but would have preferred a point guard?
Haters was probably a poor choice of words, haha. But there are a few people who aren't very happy with Jackson and I'd love for them to be wrong.

For the record, I'd have been happy with Fox. Isaac too. In fact I slightly preferred Isaac to Jackson.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

If JJ grows to become a reliable shooter (>46% and >35%) I will happily eat my words and I hope it happens!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Cap wrote:We should have gotten Fox and Monk. Are we the Suns or not?
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:If the opportunity presented, I wouldn’t be opposed to trading Jackson over Warren. Not advocating trading him for the sake of it, but if it meant getting a star PG or C, I wouldn’t hesitate.
Yeah, like, what if we could trade Jackson and a worthless pick for Kyrie Irving or something? Actually, nah, nobody would give us that.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
specialsauce wrote:If the opportunity presented, I wouldn’t be opposed to trading Jackson over Warren. Not advocating trading him for the sake of it, but if it meant getting a star PG or C, I wouldn’t hesitate.
Yeah, like, what if we could trade Jackson and a worthless pick for Kyrie Irving or something? Actually, nah, nobody would give us that.
:cry:

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

specialsauce wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
:cry:
Was that deal actually on the table after the draft? I had heard that Kyrie's people actually nixed the trade because he wanted to go to Boston. I can understand McD not wanting to trade for a guy who did not want to be here. Can you imagine giving up Bledsoe and Jackson for Kyrie and then getting an "I don't wanna be here" tweet from Kyrie?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Cavs waited a while for us to balk and include Josh Jackson in the deal. We wouldn't. So they looked in another direction.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:The Cavs waited a while for us to balk and include Josh Jackson in the deal. We wouldn't. So they looked in another direction.
Wow, had no idea you were in the room on these trade proposals, Marty. Cool!
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, a recent Simmons podcast actually made it sound like the Suns were willing to include Jackson but Kyrie heard Boston was interested and Kyrie pushed for the Boston deal, probably by telling us he wouldn't commit to staying.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone wrote:
Wally_West wrote:Sorry, I want nothing to do with Kyrie being on this team. I know people will think my reason is absolutely stupid but I don’t care, the dude thinks the earth is flat!!!!! He said there is no real pictures of the Earth!!!! NASA HAS A f*** 24/7 LIVE FEED OF THE EARTH YOU CAN VIEW AT ANYTIME!!!! f*** YOU, KYRIE!!

This level of stupidity physically hurts me. I just can’t with Kyrie. I’m sorry.
Sure, easy for you to say with your unique perspective. You run around it in seconds and are back where you started.
:lol: +1

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:The Cavs waited a while for us to balk and include Josh Jackson in the deal. We wouldn't. So they looked in another direction.
Come on. There were a bunch of articles like these coming out all summer:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/repo ... with-cavs/

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Recent talk has made it sound like that was more smoke than fire.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Superbone wrote:

And?
"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Superbone wrote:

And?
They wanted Bledsoe, Jackson, and a Miami 1st for a player that openly did not want to come to Phoenix and would leave the first chance he got.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

"did not want to come to Phoenix and would leave the first chance he got"

- This is a loser's mentality. If you don't think your franchise is good enough to get a star to like the team/franchise/city after being here for 2 full years, just give up. You will never, ever win anything if you act in this way.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:"did not want to come to Phoenix and would leave the first chance he got"

- This is a loser's mentality. If you don't think your franchise is good enough to get a star to like the team/franchise/city after being here for 2 full years, just give up. You will never, ever win anything if you act in this way.

That depends. If Kyrie actually said he didn't plan on staying, then giving up that haul for him is stupid.