Game Day: Nets (3-6) @ Suns (4-6), Mon 11/6/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Game Day: Nets (3-6) @ Suns (4-6), Mon 11/6/17

Post by bajanguy008 »

I know Len is much bigger than Hollis-Jefferson but that going to him in the post is not yielding results
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

In2ition wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
In2ition wrote:
In2ition wrote:There will be pundits that will ask if Duke could probably beat an NBA team this year. The way I've seen the Suns play at times, I wouldn't doubt it.
LOLNO.
It's coming, trust me.
Oh sure they'll ask, but no college team, I don't care how good is beating an NBA squad. They'd get so overwhelmed physically it'd be a laugher.
You are probably right that they will be wrong, but Duke is crazy big and athletic this year that they might actually be able to hang physically or be close.

Just....... no.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

bajanguy008 wrote:I know Len is much bigger than Hollis-Jefferson but that going to him in the post is not yielding results

to be honest, nothing is really yielding results.
Wish len would go faster into a drop step spin move or something.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Danimal wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:I know Len is much bigger than Hollis-Jefferson but that going to him in the post is not yielding results

to be honest, nothing is really yielding results.
Wish len would go faster into a drop step spin move or something.
He needs to keep the ball up high and stop over-thinking things.

Still, he has been really successful in drawing fouls.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts

TOO

Post by TOO »

The Bobster wrote:
In2ition wrote:
In2ition wrote:
LOLNO.
It's coming, trust me.
Oh sure they'll ask, but no college team, I don't care how good is beating an NBA squad. They'd get so overwhelmed physically it'd be a laugher.
You are probably right that they will be wrong, but Duke is crazy big and athletic this year that they might actually be able to hang physically or be close.

Just....... no.
Sure Duke is big and strong, but they are children. The NBA is grown men who've been working out 24-7 for years. Basketball is their job, that's way different than a college kid who has to study. There is a reason NCAA stars end up role players and most don't make it, there is a huge skill/strength gap between college and pros. There is 0% chance Duke can beat the worst NBA team. The worst NBA team is filled with top NCAA players from all over the place. Just cannot see it.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

O_Gardino wrote:There are a lot more fans in the seats, though. The arena still isn't close to full, but it's not empty either.
I think this game was available really cheap when they had a flash sale right before the season started. I heard about it from my cousin who bought lower bowl tickets to the Milwaukee game for a great price.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

We look awful today. Turning it off.. (which means we'll probably come back and win.)
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The Bobster wrote:
In2ition wrote:
In2ition wrote: It's coming, trust me.

Just....... no.
Sure Duke is big and strong, but they are children. The NBA is grown men who've been working out 24-7 for years. Basketball is their job, that's way different than a college kid who has to study. There is a reason NCAA stars end up role players and most don't make it, there is a huge skill/strength gap between college and pros. There is 0% chance Duke can beat the worst NBA team. The worst NBA team is filled with top NCAA players from all over the place. Just cannot see it.
Hmm, I agree they couldn't, but they may start 5 1st rounders and possibly 3 drafted in the top 10 of a good draft. All I am saying is that there will be people asking whether it could happen, and with how young teams are nowadays, they will think it's a legit arguement.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:We look awful today. Turning it off.. (which means we'll probably come back and win.)

yes we could come back and win but we arent going to beat anyone besides the nets and bulls looking like this.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

can we just get it to TJ and booker. Ulis is just messing around with it like that long 3pt heave. if there is 5 seconds on the clock maybe dont bring it back out to reset

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Eddie Johnson wrote:This is not a pretty game.
Understatement of the night.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The Nets freethrow defense is pretty good too tonight, haha.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

how the hell are we still in this

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

so no more bender?

EDC

Post by EDC »

Jackson needs to reconsider his moves. If you are unable to get any lift after taking those big strides maybe you shouldn't pick up your dribble so far away from the basket.

He is getting demolished inside.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Can we combine Dudley's brain with Bender's body?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Can we combine Dudley's brain with Bender's body?
That could be a MVP candidate.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

In2ition wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Just....... no.
Hmm, I agree they couldn't, but they may start 5 1st rounders and possibly 3 drafted in the top 10 of a good draft. All I am saying is that there will be people asking whether it could happen, and with how young teams are nowadays, they will think it's a legit arguement.
But how many 1st round picks from last year's draft are actually ready to contribute for big minutes? Maybe Tatum? Kuzma? Markkanen? Anybody else?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

EDC wrote:Jackson needs to reconsider his moves. If you are unable to get any lift after taking those big strides maybe you shouldn't pick up your dribble so far away from the basket.

He is getting demolished inside.
I thought he was supposed to have a high bball IQ?

So far I’m not seeing it at all. I know he’s a rookie

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Playing with Chandler Dudley and James Here down the stretch. These are the games i hope we LOSEE. this does nothing for the development of Bender Jackson and Co and hurts our draft position. GO NETS