Bledsoe traded to Bucks

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Bledsoe traded to Bucks

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I think you wouldn't be able to get two 1stRs if the incoming contract is only for 2 years. If it had three years remaining (same as Knight, btw), I could see it. I guess the point still stands, as two picks for Bledsoe wouldn't be bad.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wormwood wrote:Absolute smartest thing we can do with Monroe:

Play him, build his value, trade him for someone with an ugly contract that lasts two years (instead of one). That way, in two years when CHandler, Dudley, Knight, and the stiff we got for Monroe come off the books we'll have a ton of cap space to shoot for a star player.

In return for taking a stiff with two years left, we give someone cap relief, and get back a couple of first round picks.

Out: Monroe

In: Random stiff with two years left on contract, + 1st round picks.

Turning Bledsoe into three first round picks is actually not a bad deal, especially if we set them up to all be in the 5-16 range.

Tricky part is finding a bad contract with only two years left. Almost all of those were signed under the old cba and really aren't that bad. The contracts people really need out of and would be willing to pay all have 3 years left.

Edit: Wesley Matthews, Zach Randolph, demarre carroll, enes kanter, Kenneth faried , Mirza teletovic, iman shumpert, and Alec Burks are the worst 2 year contracts I can find.
Last edited by Split T on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

As much as I would like more picks in the future, I think the freed up cap space is going to be nice. If we draft a star this summer, then it's time to start getting solid role players around our core. I don't want to surround them with rookies. I would rather sign vets who know the game and can help us in a little while the young guys are still growing.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Anybody else going to watch the Bucks game for Bledsoe's debut tonight? You know he's going to give a much better effort on both sides of the ball. He's already getting the starting nod over Brogdon.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Eh, I don't really care. Was never a huge fan of his when he was here and I'm not sure he's what they need anyway. I'm interested to see how the move works short term and long term, but I'm betting it doesn't really move the needle. If anything, it could hurt more than help them.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:Anybody else going to watch the Bucks game for Bledsoe's debut tonight? You know he's going to give a much better effort on both sides of the ball. He's already getting the starting nod over Brogdon.
I like the Bucks and Bledsoe going there not gonna really make me watch them any less as they are usually one of my preferred options in the early 7/8ET tip offs but 'Bone, that game starts exactly the same time as ours so the answer for everyone should be No tonight :evil: :)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:Eh, I don't really care. Was never a huge fan of his when he was here and I'm not sure he's what they need anyway. I'm interested to see how the move works short term and long term, but I'm betting it doesn't really move the needle. If anything, it could hurt more than help them.
I wasn't a fan either. Just interested to see how it works out for them.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Superbone wrote:Anybody else going to watch the Bucks game for Bledsoe's debut tonight? You know he's going to give a much better effort on both sides of the ball. He's already getting the starting nod over Brogdon.
I like the Bucks and Bledsoe going there not gonna really make me watch them any less as they are usually one of my preferred options in the early 7/8ET tip offs but 'Bone, that game starts exactly the same time as ours so the answer for everyone should be No tonight :evil: :)
That's the magic of DVRs, BG. The start time is irrelevent to me. Of course the Bucks game will get the ol' FF treatment and I will check if out probably over the course of 15 minutes or so max. But that will be after I've watched every minutes of the Suns game first.
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Superbone wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
That's the magic of DVRs, BG. The start time is irrelevent to me. Of course the Bucks game will get the ol' FF treatment and I will check if out probably over the course of 15 minutes or so max. But that will be after I've watched every minutes of the Suns game first.
Yes that is true lol. Cable provider here actually provides DVR features too, I didn't even realise it's on Espn tbh so I guess I will peep at some while streaming our game.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So, Bledsoe gets his first win of the season. Still couldn't hit a 3 to save his life. Well, he did hit one in five attempts. One of them was an airball though.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

13 points, 7 assists, 4 boards. Decent game but not making me miss him.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

We need to root for the Bucks to lose. Hopefully Brogdon gets unhappy and demands a trade. Then we can trade them their own pick and Mike James back for him.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Bledsoe will be fine in Milwaukee, he doesn't have to shoulder the same load he did in Phoenix. Giannis is obviously the face of the franchise, Jabari (when he returns) will be the 2nd fiddle firmly sticking Bledsoe as the 3rd wheel where he belongs.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Bledsoe will be fine in Milwaukee, he doesn't have to shoulder the same load he did in Phoenix. Giannis is obviously the face of the franchise, Jabari (when he returns) will be the 2nd fiddle firmly sticking Bledsoe as the 3rd wheel where he belongs.
yea pretty much this, he just fits with them and even the bit I watched he was getting in the paint off the dribble which is something they sorely need. The stat line isn't anything special til u factor in him being home for 2wks and joining them only two days before the game. He will be fine, the Bucks gonna make noise as it is the East so I not gonna even spend time hoping otherwise, I'm already bummed about the Suns so don't need any other disappointments....