Bledsoe traded to Bucks

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Bledsoe traded to Bucks

Post by carey »

Now if not included with multiple players.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

EDC

Post by EDC »

carey wrote:Now if not included with multiple players.
Wonder if we could get a pick for him.

Lets hope Bledsoe tanks the Bucks into the 11-16 pick. Although with our luck he will average 10 assists a game and actually start shooting and making spot up three pointers.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Horrible

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

No Brogdon???

Really disappointed. Not surprised though. Phoenix always valued Bledsoe more than the rest of the league.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

In2ition wrote:Ok, the protection on the pick is a little disappointing, but I doubt they fail to make the playoffs, so it's not a big deal at all. Also, this is going to be a pretty deep draft and a good big like Mitchell Robinson(compared to a young athletic Tyson Chandler) or Nik Richards could be available.

Even so, with the amount of assets and now some more cap room the Suns have, they should be able to make a trade for a young star that has suddenly come on the market that helps the team win.

I think McD did this trade just to get under INF's skin, as Monroe might be the last player in the league he wants to see on the Suns. ;)
I really don't have a lot of faith in McDo trading those assets into something bigger. Ainge had a better assortment of picks last year and wasn't able to turn it into anything better on Draft night. Irving only became available because he demanded a trade and listed the Celtics as one of the teams. Ain't nobody listing Phoenix as a preferred destination if the same situation were to arise.

I do not think this roster needs 4 more rookies on it next year also.

I think we're stuck with stuck chasing mid level free agents unless James Jones can work some magic.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

EDC

Post by EDC »

I'm kinda annoyed with the protections. I just feel like we need the picks sooner rather than later. We need to hit gold with one of our picks to have someone to pair with Booker. Then we can start building a team around those guys. Hopefully at that point some of our other picks will have proven to be NBA starter quality.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

The protection actually helps us too. Guarantee we won’t get a lame late first round pick. It’s rsfher the end of the lottery or pushed back to next year. At least there’s that

EDC

Post by EDC »

specialsauce wrote:The protection actually helps us too. Guarantee we won’t get a lame late first round pick. It’s rsfher the end of the lottery or pushed back to next year. At least there’s that
Only problem is Giannis. The pick will most likely be the best this year. Giannis is only going to get better and it is unlikely that they regress in the next few years.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

EDC wrote:I'm kinda annoyed with the protections. I just feel like we need the picks sooner rather than later. We need to hit gold with one of our picks to have someone to pair with Booker. Then we can start building a team around those guys. Hopefully at that point some of our other picks will have proven to be NBA starter quality.
Agreed. The goal should have been getting an extra '18 pick. The 'unique' protection is good for the long term (and fits with Miami's second pick) but I would have liked extra ammo this very draft. Still, if MIL ends up #7-12 in the East, we get it. Did you know the Bucks are the worst rebounding team in the league and are bottom 10 in +/-?

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

The protections on this pick are actually super, super interesting. I suspect the back-end protection on if it falls between 16-30 in the next two years came from us. Essentially, it ensures we get a pick in the first half of the draft no matter what happens. The 11-16 range for this year puts us in general range where we have a shot a decent prospect but not one who would have to play right away which is ideal for our current roster construction. Then, obviously, the protection lessens in the next two years before finally becoming unprotected.

I am hoping we can flip Monroe for something else before the trade deadline. This deal hurts, and I think we should have received more in return, but it adds to war chest. We have enough now to make a play for any star that comes on the market.

Overall, I give the trade a C-. A really good GM squeezes more out on this deal. Maximizing value on the margins is the type of thing that a great GM like Danny Ainge does on every trade. And when you are able to do that consistently, it gives you flexibility, power, and ammunition in the long run. The timing of this just doesn't make sense to me. I almost wonder if there was an imperative from ownership to make a deal sooner rather than later.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

specialsauce wrote:The protection actually helps us too. Guarantee we won’t get a lame late first round pick. It’s rsfher the end of the lottery or pushed back to next year. At least there’s that
I feel like I am the only one who doesn't hate the protections (although I would have loved another guaranteed '18 pick for sure).

Kidd Karma

Post by Kidd Karma »

EDC wrote:When can Monroe be traded? What is the time restriction?
Immediately if he is not being traded with another player.....60 days if he is packaged with another player.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Wally_West wrote:

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/927953155878293504

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/927953470589505539

Hmm. So downside protected. I do like that.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Kidd Karma wrote:
Immediately if he is not being traded with another player.....60 days if he is packaged with another player.
Another key restriction: Nobody wants Greg Monroe.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Kidd Karma

Post by Kidd Karma »

Agreed the 25th pick ain't going to help much. Giannis rolls for the full 82, Jabari comes back for the final 30, in between that, Bledsoe puts up 20 a night.....then again, this is a Kidd coached team, so who knows....Kidd has a way of punting some games to prove a point.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Now the question is whether the Bucks can be in t he bottom half of the league in the next 2 years.

With Bledsoe's help, I believe they can.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

O_Gardino wrote:Now the question is whether the Bucks can be in t he bottom half of the league in the next 2 years.

With Bledsoe's help, I believe they can.
Can we make Earl Watson a late addition to the deal?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

djy2j wrote:
Kidd Karma wrote:
Another key restriction: Nobody wants Greg Monroe.
Lmao

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I just don't understand the timing of the deal. We could have easily waited. Maybe some starting PG gets injured on a contending team and suddenly someone gets desperate. We weren't in a rush, so why take a deal that feels very rushed?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Best case scenario, Suns end up with the #1, #8, and #11 picks in the draft. (BCS means there is 0% chance of happening)
Who would you pick?

Or would you create a package of players and picks for a possible star? Or both?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass