Bledsoe traded to Bucks

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Kidd Karma

Re: Bledsoe traded to Bucks

Post by Kidd Karma »

In2ition wrote:Best case scenario, Suns end up with the #1, #8, and #11 picks in the draft. (BCS means there is 0% chance of happening)
Who would you pick?

Or would you create a package of players and picks for a possible star? Or both?
Suns win with Bagley or Porter. Pair either up with Jackson, Booker going forward, solid core. Looks like all the PGs came out in 2017.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

In2ition wrote:Best case scenario, Suns end up with the #1, #8, and #11 picks in the draft. (BCS means there is 0% chance of happening)
Who would you pick?

Or would you create a package of players and picks for a possible star? Or both?
Wait. Hold on. Let me crunch the numbers...

Okay, it turns out there is actually a .67% chance of this happening! Stop being such a pessimist! :lol:

(Note: No actual math was performed during the writing of this post. All percentages appearing in this post are 100% fictional and are in no way predictive of something good actually happening to the Suns. The writer of this post bears no responsibility for any feelings of hope or hopelessness inspired by any fictitious percentages appearing therein. That shit is all on you.)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

n4th4n wrote:
Who would you pick?

Okay, it turns out there is actually a .67% chance of this happening! Stop being such a pessimist! :lol:

(Note: No actual math was performed during the writing of this post. All percentages appearing in this post are 100% fictional and are in no way predictive of something good actually happening to the Suns. The writer of this post bears no responsibility for any feelings of hope or hopelessness inspired by any fictitious percentages appearing therein. That s*** is all on you.)
Good one :D :lol:
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I'm fine with the trade. It's nothing special, but not terrible. We probably either get a 15/16 pick in the next two years or we get whatever the bucks end up with in 2020.

Under the best case scenario I would package 8 and 11 together to try and move up as high as possible. Use #1 on whoever the top prospect is, Ayton, Doncic, or Bagley. Then add another top prospect with the trade up.

Dream scenario: Ayton and Doncic

Others:
Doncic and Williams
Bagley and Williams
Ayton and Porter
Doncic and Bamba
Bagley and Bamba

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Magic trade DAR to dump Mozgov's contract and got back a one year Lopez rental.

McD's problem is that he is getting compared to his eariler deals (Markieff etc). Compare this deal to Kyrie, for instance.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

In2ition wrote:
n4th4n wrote:
Who would you pick?

(Note: No actual math was performed during the writing of this post. All percentages appearing in this post are 100% fictional and are in no way predictive of something good actually happening to the Suns. The writer of this post bears no responsibility for any feelings of hope or hopelessness inspired by any fictitious percentages appearing therein. That s*** is all on you.)
Good one :D :lol:
+1
Thanks for the laugh
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

n4th4n wrote:
Who would you pick?

10/10 - Best Laugh of the Day (Suns Related).
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

JCSunsfan wrote:Magic trade DAR to dump Mozgov's contract and got back a one year Lopez rental.

McD's problem is that he is getting compared to his eariler deals (M******f etc). Compare this deal to Kyrie, for instance.
It's not a good market for point guards.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

O_Gardino wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:Magic trade DAR to dump Mozgov's contract and got back a one year Lopez rental.

McD's problem is that he is getting compared to his eariler deals (M******f etc). Compare this deal to Kyrie, for instance.
It's not a good market for point guards.
So, its a bit of an overreaction to call for McD's head. I hope Sarver keeps him for a long, long time.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Meh deal, we don't need extra projects on the floor, (or worst, reclamation projects) and we were not going to get an stablished player above Monroe's level PLUS a pick. I was worried more about a win-now trade in the middle of the Trianno honeymoon, packaging Bledsoe and our pick for the second coming of BKnight in a futile playoffs chase. So this is far from worst case escenario for me, removing a distraction potentially dangerous (waiting to dec 16? really?) and keep it from dragging us into another media scuffle (JWall's declarations were the first on many to come, Bledsoe would have won the victim's battle eventually). I was never a Bledsoe's advocate, and offseason was The Moment to trade him, but that ship left long ago.

It's funny how much we despise our players when in uniform (dating far back that 3 games stretch), and then we can't stop saying "20/5/5 player!!!", when dealed. Tough crowd, nothing is enough.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/927958290713133057

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

https://twitter.com/JADubin5/status/927934201684471810

https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/status/927962843063967745

https://twitter.com/fromal09/status/927927881421819904

Welp.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think we should give Monroe some run. Sit Tyson for a few weeks and let Len and Monroe split the C minutes. That way we either see if he's worth keeping around and possibly create some trade interest for him. Can't imagine getting much for him, but maybe a 2nd or late 1st if we attach one of our 4 2nd's to him. Could see a team like Washington or OKC bring interested.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Monroe is 27-years-old for anybody else that was wondering.
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:Monroe is 27-years-old for anybody else that was wondering.
That's exactly 27 years younger than Tyson Chandler.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:I was never a Bledsoe's advocate, and offseason was The Moment to trade him, but that ship left long ago.
We should have never reupped him.
"Be Legendary."

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

Superbone wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:I was never a Bledsoe's advocate, and offseason was The Moment to trade him, but that ship left long ago.
We should have never reupped him.
But then we wouldn't have Greg Monroe right now!!......

*sigh*

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

You guys are killing me with the Sarcasm smh lol.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just want to point out that nobody here wanted to trade Bledsoe and Josh Jackson for Kyrie Irving a couple months ago. That looks pretty freaking stupid right now. I was pounding the table for Kyrie. Think about how much better things would look for us if we had him instead of this worthless Munroe plus middling pick deal.

I've always defended McDo, but I'm really disappointed with the haul we got here.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm actually looking forward to see how Monroe looks with our team. We haven't had a low-post presence at center for a long time. Probably not since Amare.
"Be Legendary."